It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gog666dmc: I have a high end PC, and CP2077 was actually fun to play for me besides some annoying bugs and immersion breaking AI. I have my disappointments, but there aren't many open world games out there, so I think it's worth the price. The modders will make some cool mods as well so I think this game's future isn't so dark for PC.

Imo people are mostly upset cuz CDPR advertised many features in the past trailer videos and didn't deliver them in the actual game. Also, what happened to console would be recorded as a historic disaster in the gaming industry.
Is it 2008?
TencentInvestor: Is it 2008?
If you can suggest some good games I'm all ears.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by gog666dmc
I went back to playing RDR 2 and GTA IV after all this. There are also a dozen Ubisoft open world games across several franchises (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc.) . Breath of the wild, Genshin Impact. To name a few.
TencentInvestor: I went back to playing RDR 2 and GTA IV after all this. There are also a dozen Ubisoft open world games across several franchises (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc.) . Breath of the wild, Genshin Impact. To name a few.
R* patched GTA IV to remove radio stations because they don't have the license thing is what has that got to do with a game that's already installed it's akin to having a Blu-Ray taken from you home by sony so they can remove the music tracks they no longer have license to.
TencentInvestor: I went back to playing RDR 2 and GTA IV after all this. There are also a dozen Ubisoft open world games across several franchises (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc.) . Breath of the wild, Genshin Impact. To name a few.
wayke: R* patched GTA IV to remove radio stations because they don't have the license thing is what has that got to do with a game that's already installed it's akin to having a Blu-Ray taken from you home by sony so they can remove the music tracks they no longer have license to.
To some people that may be a big deal. Personally, I can always listen to spotify.
wayke: R* patched GTA IV to remove radio stations because they don't have the license thing is what has that got to do with a game that's already installed it's akin to having a Blu-Ray taken from you home by sony so they can remove the music tracks they no longer have license to.
TencentInvestor: To some people that may be a big deal. Personally, I can always listen to spotify.
It's not what you paid for they keep pushing the boundaries of ripping customers off.
Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Ubisoft games except Far Cry 3 & 4. The gameplay became rather repetitive for me. Everyone praises RDR 2 so I will try it someday.
Who cares about the radio stations? The music is trash. I turn that shit off because it's annoying.

In CP they need to have a separate volume control for the radio that actually works. I tested it. Moving it up or down does nothing. You have to use the main music volume slider to adjust it. But the problem is it makes the music outside of the car radio too loud and you can't hear what civilians are saying. And even in some cinematics the music is louder than the people's voices.
What even is this thread, some crazy dude rambling about Bill Gates and Linux then people are talking about the radio in GTA. Op you lost me at the anti-vaccine conspiracy theory. Bill Gates doesn't care about tracking you or knowing what you are doing. That information is most likely out there any way and for the majority it definitely is. Corporations and capitalism also has no benefit in thinning out the hordes of people they rely on to do their slave labor. What other thing could they possibly want to do to you that couldn't just be done by spiking your drinking water and the air you breath?
REG2012: In CP they need to have a separate volume control for the radio that actually works.
it works for me no prob...
REG2012: In CP they need to have a separate volume control for the radio that actually works.
gog666dmc: it works for me no prob...
For me the radio is so low I can barely hear it. Even when on the inside view. I play mostly with the third person view when driving. The only way to get the audio to be louder for the radio is to turn the main game music up. Which is shit because it drowns out voices.
REG2012: You're forgetting NVIDIA GeForce Now and Stadia.
You mean... PCs? Because, you know, those cloud services just have the games running on high end PCs. They aren't real platforms.
REG2012: PS4 and Xbox One have been last gen for years. They are obsolete. Even PS5 and Xbox Series X are already superseded lol.
Howdy there, time traveller. Could you please give me the number for the latest lottery?

You don't have a firm grasp at the idea of console generations, now do you?
REG2012: CDPR are a PC dev first and foremost. Why are they even bothering with seven year old console hardware? Money? Well you can see all that money they made is being refunded. So they (the investors and suits) chose greed over a quality product. I don't see them recovering from a big fuckup like this.
Both eight- and nine-generation consoles are basically custom PCs. They use the same x86 architecture as the PCs. They are built on AMD hardware. And that "seven year old hardware" was minus one year old when the game was announced, so there's also that. They didn't start developing it yesterday... although it might certainly seem that way, given how raw it is.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by KentGAllard
REG2012: You're forgetting NVIDIA GeForce Now and Stadia.
KentGAllard: You mean... PCs? Because, you know, those cloud services just have the games running on high end PCs. They aren't real platforms.
REG2012: PS4 and Xbox One have been last gen for years. They are obsolete. Even PS5 and Xbox Series X are already superseded lol.
KentGAllard: You don't have a firm grasp at the idea of console generations, now do you?
REG2012: CDPR are a PC dev first and foremost. Why are they even bothering with seven year old console hardware? Money? Well you can see all that money they made is being refunded. So they (the investors and suits) chose greed over a quality product. I don't see them recovering from a big fuckup like this.
KentGAllard: Both eight- and nine-generation consoles are basically custom PCs. They use the same x86 architecture as the PCs. They are built on AMD hardware. And that "seven year old hardware" was minus one year old when the game was announced, so there's also that. They didn't start developing it yesterday... although it might certainly seem that way, given how raw it is.
Yes cloud services are PCs. But you need a device to connect to them. If the device isn't up to par then you're going to have a bad time. They are real platforms. They exist so therefore they are real.

I don't care about console generations. They are peasant boxes. I don't concern myself too much with them. The Witcher 3 development started in 2011. PS4 and Xbox One were both released at the end of 2013. The game worked fine on them. CDPR started developing CP2077 around the same time. But hardware evolved and changed during that time. PC users upgraded as needed. We always do. We don't whine and complain that a dev didn't make the game work on outdated hardware. Yes PS4 and Xbox One were outdated by the time Cyberpunk was deep in development. They tried to force a round peg into a square hole. They knew it wasn't going to work. Yet they did it anyway. Any person that has been a gamer for a significant amount of time knows what hardware is required to get a game running. If they don't have the hardware to match what is required that is their problem. Not the devs. Which in this case made a port they knew wouldn't work properly.

Modern CPUs are not x86. They are 64 bit. 32 bit is old tech and no longer used these days.

https://i.ibb.co/d5Sz5zP/Cyberpunk-2077-64-bit.jpg

Nowhere does it mention anything about 32 bit. 64 bit is the minimum CPU you need. Consoles have backward compatibility with x86 (32 bit) which is unfortunate. I don't know why devs bother with all this backwards compatibility. At some point they have to abandon old architecture. Because eventually it will not be able to keep up with modern software due to hardware limitations. It's like trying to put a high end engine into a low end car. Sure it will work. But poorly. Lamborghini engine in an average family car won't perform as well because the other components are not strong enough to keep up with the raw horse power required.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by REG2012
eidgenosse63: This happens when you go with Bill "Covidvaxx-Psychopath" Gates.

I hope you have what you wanted with your poor DirectX Console Ports, instead going VulkanAPI that allows better
Plattform developing. You really deserve it, especially given the fact how you mocked the Linux Community.

Maybe next time you will be wiser.
Not exactly being a fan of Bilbo Gates (not quite sure why a random retired tech billionaire is an authority on medicine or why he keeps popping up all over media, but he's definitely a very suspicious individual), but get what - the game is fine. It got released, the design is pretty good. It's a lot of fun. There are no bugs to speak of, contrary to what you'll hear. I don't get it. People are freaking out over nothing. Lol. Even claiming the game made them go into an epileptic shock. That's pretty rich.
a2055: Even claiming the game made them go into an epileptic shock. That's pretty rich.
There's a warning about that. If the user chooses to ignore it that is their problem.