It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi

As the subject title I'm suffering with low fps caused by low GPU usage and have been unsuccessful so far in finding a fix and hoping someone may be able to help.

I am currently averaging around 25-30fps with a GPU usage that never seems to go above 50% my CPU usage sits around 20-30% with nothing running other than the game.

Nothing seems to affect this issue even when running on low quality settings the frame rate and GPU usage stay the same. However when I go into the dessert area away from roads etc it stutters down to 15fps then suddenly kicks up to 90+ fps and 95-98% GPU usage!! Then drops again when I go near a slightly built up area.

I'm confident that the issue lies within this game as I have played other titles such as COD Warzone, COD Cold War, GTA V etc. which all ran at well over 120 fps on high settings and had a high GPU usage.

Any help or guidance on resolving this would be much appreciated as it's such a good game but not being able to play at the systems full potential is extremely frustrating!

My system is as follows:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte RTX3080 10GB OC GPU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3600 Mhz Memory
Windows 10 64 bit
Asus ROG Strix F Gaming X570 Mobo

TIA
I'm running a GTX 980 and I have a similar issue. Granted, I'm running the game on Windows 7 and my CPU is only slightly above the minimum requirement but still, the game definitely isn't using my GPU to its full potential. I did, however, discover that the Nvidia control panel had the game set to conserve power instead of pushing maximum performance, so perhaps that might help you out a little?

In general, I'm patiently waiting for CDPR to do some more optimization work to the game. Honestly, I've experienced more performance issues than actual bugs in the game. I've been using a tweaking tool from the 2077 Nexus site and it gave me a little bit of a boost but I think that once they optimize things, the game will run quite well because I've noticed the biggest issue for me is that the framerate is very inconsistent.
Fords89: Hi

As the subject title I'm suffering with low fps caused by low GPU usage and have been unsuccessful so far in finding a fix and hoping someone may be able to help.

I am currently averaging around 25-30fps with a GPU usage that never seems to go above 50% my CPU usage sits around 20-30% with nothing running other than the game.

Nothing seems to affect this issue even when running on low quality settings the frame rate and GPU usage stay the same. However when I go into the dessert area away from roads etc it stutters down to 15fps then suddenly kicks up to 90+ fps and 95-98% GPU usage!! Then drops again when I go near a slightly built up area.

I'm confident that the issue lies within this game as I have played other titles such as COD Warzone, COD Cold War, GTA V etc. which all ran at well over 120 fps on high settings and had a high GPU usage.

Any help or guidance on resolving this would be much appreciated as it's such a good game but not being able to play at the systems full potential is extremely frustrating!

My system is as follows:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte RTX3080 10GB OC GPU
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3600 Mhz Memory
Windows 10 64 bit
Asus ROG Strix F Gaming X570 Mobo

TIA
If you haven't already, make sure that Windows is 100% updated to the latest updates, and update your nVidia video drivers to the latest release also. What resolution are you playing at, and are you playing with or without ray tracing enabled? With or without DLSS enabled? Playing on Ultra settings, or on high or something else?

You should be able to get a solid 60fps+ frame rate with that hardware at 1080p with RTX disabled for sure, or with RTX+DLSS. I've got a friend with a 3950X and a 1080Ti that is getting 60fps+ on Ultra at 1080p.
I am sorry. It seems your GPU wants you to play a better game instead.
TencentInvestor: I am sorry. It seems your GPU wants you to play a better game instead.
Stop with the insults and stuff. He is enjoying something you didn't and thats fine.
TencentInvestor: I am sorry. It seems your GPU wants you to play a better game instead.
jon7882: Stop with the insults and stuff. He is enjoying something you didn't and thats fine.
It is not an insult. An insult would be calling you a fool for giving your money to crooks who sell you a broken product.
See, saying you're an idiot would be an attempt to demean you. But if I say you are a person who spends money on a broken product by a company that openly lied then I am merely stating facts.
jon7882: Stop with the insults and stuff. He is enjoying something you didn't and thats fine.
TencentInvestor: It is not an insult. An insult would be calling you a fool for giving your money to crooks who sell you a broken product.
See, saying you're an idiot would be an attempt to demean you. But if I say you are a person who spends money on a broken product by a company that openly lied then I am merely stating facts.
Except I didn't and they didn't. This reminds me a lot about ME3 and the same arguments then that were also false.
JakobFel: I'm running a GTX 980 and I have a similar issue. Granted, I'm running the game on Windows 7 and my CPU is only slightly above the minimum requirement but still, the game definitely isn't using my GPU to its full potential. I did, however, discover that the Nvidia control panel had the game set to conserve power instead of pushing maximum performance, so perhaps that might help you out a little?

In general, I'm patiently waiting for CDPR to do some more optimization work to the game. Honestly, I've experienced more performance issues than actual bugs in the game. I've been using a tweaking tool from the 2077 Nexus site and it gave me a little bit of a boost but I think that once they optimize things, the game will run quite well because I've noticed the biggest issue for me is that the framerate is very inconsistent.
Try the CET

https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks

Works on Linux also
He clearly didn't insult anyone why make stuff up.
Post edited March 10, 2021 by wayke
JakobFel: I'm running a GTX 980 and I have a similar issue. Granted, I'm running the game on Windows 7 and my CPU is only slightly above the minimum requirement but still, the game definitely isn't using my GPU to its full potential. I did, however, discover that the Nvidia control panel had the game set to conserve power instead of pushing maximum performance, so perhaps that might help you out a little?

wayke: Try the CET

https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks

Works on Linux also
I've tried a different tweaking tool but I'll give that one a try and see if there's any difference, thanks for the suggestion!