It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the newest fix has totally bricked my game cant get it to load beyond the dc project red page then crashes and am wondering if there is anyway to roll it back to 1.1?
Wes_McCourt: the newest fix has totally bricked my game cant get it to load beyond the dc project red page then crashes and am wondering if there is anyway to roll it back to 1.1?
GOG Launcher allows you to roll back to any version.
Click the button with the 2 sliders at the top of the Cyberpunk page > Manage Installation > Configure and from that page select the version you want to install.
It shouldn't matter if you didn't install using GOG Launcher, you can just add it and point to your game folder on your drive.
Other than having the offline installers on your drive this is the only way I know of.
Wes_McCourt: the newest fix has totally bricked my game cant get it to load beyond the dc project red page then crashes and am wondering if there is anyway to roll it back to 1.1?
Hotfix 1.12 is an important security fix. You might want to look into getting this working without rollback. Reinstall, clear cache, I don't know. Perhaps someone who has better knowledge of the file structure of this game has ideas?

Well, if you play straight up vanilla, then 1.12 is not that important, but if you plan to alter the game in any way, you really, really need this hotfix.
frogthroat: Well, if you play straight up vanilla, then 1.12 is not that important, but if you plan to alter the game in any way, you really, really need this hotfix.
Fwiw the widely used modding framework Cyber Engine Tweaks (CET) implemented a fix for the security issue prior to the official 1.12 hotfix, so one could use that alternatively (at least the version that implemented the fix at the time of writing) if experiencing a game breaking issue as the OP seems to have.

The vulnerability was also specifically related to game saves, which for example Nexusmods disabled the uploading of subsequent to the news before the hotfix rolled out.
If you are overclocking manually your GPU, this might be the reason.
frogthroat: Well, if you play straight up vanilla, then 1.12 is not that important, but if you plan to alter the game in any way, you really, really need this hotfix.
Coreda: Fwiw the widely used modding framework Cyber Engine Tweaks (CET) implemented a fix for the security issue prior to the official 1.12 hotfix, so one could use that alternatively (at least the version that implemented the fix at the time of writing) if experiencing a game breaking issue as the OP seems to have.

The vulnerability was also specifically related to game saves, which for example Nexusmods disabled the uploading of subsequent to the news before the hotfix rolled out.
That's not true. He actually disabled Spectre mitigations in all previous versions, which was a pretty stupid thing to do. Now all the changelogs and information regarding that is removed and no link to the sourcecode in github is available. Why?

I didn't really experience any performance improvement when I used his mod and I'm certainly very disappointed that everyone jumped the train and made mods based on his framework.

Disabling Spectre mitigations was a BIG red flag for me, since that dude doesn't really understand what he is doing or maybe was even intentional.

Devs also explained that up to patch 1.04, the game didn't really use the config files found inside the game to control memory pools (which is true because my game was already using all the RAM and VRAM it needed), and he ignored that as well, spreading misinformation about how the engine works lol

The latest addition (found in github) to CET is "Added Telemetry so we know how many people use CET (can be disabled in settings), note that we do not store any information we just count the number of players".

Oh yeah, very useful feature...
Post edited February 08, 2021 by JAD2012
JAD2012: That's not true. He actually disabled Spectre mitigations...
I was referring to the CET release that prevented the save file vulnerability. Do you have evidence that doesn't fix the vulnerability when it's credited for this by numerous, including Nexusmods themselves (who link to an analysis)?

As for the Spectre mitigation I'm not sure what you're referring to. In the feature list of the Nexus for the longest time it stated Spectre mitigations for both AMD and Intel. Do you mean the feature it optionally added back in December for disabling the AVX requirement for older CPUs (since the game would crash on them without it being disabled)?
JAD2012: That's not true. He actually disabled Spectre mitigations...
Coreda: I was referring to the CET release that prevented the save file vulnerability. Do you have evidence that doesn't fix the vulnerability when it's credited for this by numerous, including Nexusmods themselves (who link to an analysis)?

As for the Spectre mitigation I'm not sure what you're referring to. In the feature list of the Nexus for the longest time it stated Spectre mitigations for both AMD and Intel. Do you mean the feature it optionally added back in December for disabling the AVX requirement for older CPUs (since the game would crash on them without it being disabled)?
No, he has removed the changelog and feature list on the nexus page. That list included Spectre mitigations removal, stating those "improved performance by removing them". Spectre is vulneravility that affects Intel CPU's by design.

This information has been removed from the nexus page and also from github, as if he never included those.

I wasn't talking about the recent events. When I said, "that's not true" I was referring to the fact that I can't trust someone when one of the 1st things he did was disable Spectre mitigations on CTE...

I don't recommend anyone to use that framework to install any mods, and wait until the game is further improved.
Post edited February 08, 2021 by JAD2012
JAD2012: No, he has removed the changelog and feature list on the nexus page. That list included Spectre mitigations removal, stating those "improved performance by removing them". Spectre is vulneravility that affects Intel CPU's by design.
After looking into this some more it seems the Spectre mitigation removal patches were a) for the 2077 binary only [0], b) removed from CET since ~v1.05 of the game since the game itself removed the mitigation according to comments I'm reading on the Github repo [1][2].

For anyone interested here is the original [3] feature list on the Nexus being referred to (linked as a footnote since the GOG.com forum strips the archive.org part from the URL, curiously).

There are numerous tickets about the patch so idk what you found that was removed, though if CET removed the feature since the game itself has used it for a while then it would make sense if it's not listed in the features any longer.

Btw don't take this as being defensive, it's just I prefer to know the full context of something before passing judgement.

[0] https://github.com/yamashi/SpectreAway
[1] https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks/issues/294#issuecomment-751287002
[2] https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks/issues/351#issuecomment-753128315
[3] https://web.archive.org/web/20210129070529/https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107
Post edited February 08, 2021 by Coreda
JAD2012: No, he has removed the changelog and feature list on the nexus page. That list included Spectre mitigations removal, stating those "improved performance by removing them". Spectre is vulneravility that affects Intel CPU's by design.
Coreda: After looking into this some more it seems the Spectre mitigation removal patches were a) for the 2077 binary only [0], b) removed from CET since ~v1.05 of the game since the game itself removed the mitigation according to comments I'm reading on the Github repo [1][2].

For anyone interested here is the original [3] feature list on the Nexus being referred to (linked as a footnote since the GOG.com forum strips the archive.org part from the URL, curiously).

There are numerous tickets about the patch so idk what you found that was removed, though if CET removed the feature since the game itself has used it for a while then it would make sense if it's not listed in the features any longer.

Btw don't take this as being defensive, it's just I prefer to know the full context of something before passing judgement.

[0] https://github.com/yamashi/SpectreAway
[1] https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks/issues/294#issuecomment-751287002
[2] https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks/issues/351#issuecomment-753128315
[3] https://web.archive.org/web/20210129070529/https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107
I don't give a flipping fuck about what they say, Spectre mitigation removal was never mentioned anywhere in the OFFICIAL patch notes and I'm not going to reverse engineer the exe file just to see it.

Point is and was he did something he shouldn't and lost my trust (removing Spectre mitigations) and someone coming in here and trying to convince me otherwise smells even more.
Post edited February 09, 2021 by JAD2012
Intel CPUs currently being sold have literally dozens of security holes that Intel patches in two ways: with firmware patches released to motherboard makers and with Win10 microcode software patches, which Win10 installs for Intel CPUs (but not AMD CPUs as they had *one* partial vulnerability to a Spectre exploit that they've taken care of in their AGESA releases.) The AMD Ryzen CPU architectures are much newer than Intel's current CPU architectures, and were designed from the ground up not to have the vulnerabilities that Intel architectures have had to date.

Supposedly, removing Spectre mitigations by way of a mod is done to mitigate any performance penalties Intel's security patching has created--it isn't to make one vulnerable to Spectre...;) That's my take on it, anyway. If the modder has removed information to that extent then he's either removed his Spectre-patch mitigating code altogether, or else he removed mention of it because people are taking it the *wrong way*...;)