It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there an option to download the game if I ordered a physical copy and don't heve the code??
I can't find any info online.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
misterek4444: Is there an option to download the game if I ordered a physical copy and don't heve the code??
I would also like to know this :)
misterek4444: Is there an option to download the game if I ordered a physical copy and don't heve the code??
Does this topic answer your question: https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/downloading_game_without_cdkey ?
Post edited December 07, 2020 by jheadhunter
jheadhunter: Does this topic answer your question: https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/downloading_game_without_cdkey ?
This is not ok from CDP's part,

This is a scandal that people that bought the game are forgotten and shi**ed on, Downloading files this big will take me 3 days at least

[Modded by SmollestLight: Don't promote piracy]
Post edited December 07, 2020 by misterek4444
jheadhunter: Does this topic answer your question: https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/downloading_game_without_cdkey ?
misterek4444: Ok, this is not ok from CDP's part,
So the only way to download the game for everyone that bought a box is to PIRATE IT
Preload the game from pirate-bay and on premiere add the game to your account via code in box and use option "Find files" to heve game ready to play.

This is a scandal that people that bought the game are forgotten and shi**ed on, Downloading files this big will take me 3 days at least
Yeah it sucks that people who bought it on retailer stores get to be treated like this.

Post edited December 07, 2020 by SmollestLight
Easy Solution for CDP.

#1 Make a nice, heavy encrypted, installer!
#2 Give the PC Box people the download link
#3 All are happy!

You knew this when you bought the game. How would you preload files of a game, without having the key first?
If you bought physical edition, you get physical goodies and probably paid less than those who bought digital.

I bought digital because I wanted to make sure I could launch the game December 10th at midnight, not waiting 'til the game arrived by mail, probably a dau or two later. Also, for the preload, as December 10th there will be a lot of people downloading at the same time. And I imagine in the first hours of preload there will be a lot of people too, but it seems the servers are fine. I just finished the preload (59GB), maximizing my internet connection (60MB/s). Something that on Steam doesn't happen very often, for me. So now I'm more confident that on launch day, GOG's servers will handle it.

Over: You knew this when you bought the game. How would you preload files of a game, without having the key first?
If you bought physical edition, you get physical goodies and probably paid less than those who bought digital.

I bought digital because I wanted to make sure I could launch the game December 10th at midnight, not waiting 'til the game arrived by mail, probably a dau or two later. Also, for the preload, as December 10th there will be a lot of people downloading at the same time. And I imagine in the first hours of preload there will be a lot of people too, but it seems the servers are fine. I just finished the preload (59GB), maximizing my internet connection (60MB/s). Something that on Steam doesn't happen very often, for me. So now I'm more confident that on launch day, GOG's servers will handle it.
Meany publishers send preload links to the e-mails of people that bought the game in box, such a mistreatment of customers was not expected by anyone.
For meany people with good banwith this will not be a problem but not everyone has as good conection as you.

Over: You knew this when you bought the game. How would you preload files of a game, without having the key first?

1. Make a preload with special keys. A option to preload the game with the installer, where you must insert a second key to activeted the verison.
2. Give every preseller a preload key. For analytics, every reseller a special one.
3.. Reseller give the customer there preload key.
4. Let all people be happy and have data where you can view, where are you best income and next time give this reseller some bonusoption that you maximize your profits.

Sharindel: 1. Make a preload with special keys. A option to preload the game with the installer, where you must insert a second key to activeted the verison.
2. Give every preseller a preload key. For analytics, every reseller a special one.
4. Let all people be happy and have data where you can view, where are you best income and next time give this reseller some bonusoption that you maximize your profits.
Take note CDP

misterek4444: Meany publishers send preload links to the e-mails of people that bought the game in box, such a mistreatment of customers was not expected by anyone.
For meany people with good banwith this will not be a problem but not everyone has as good conection as you.
I didn't know there were publishers that sent the keys to people who preordered physical editions. I've preordered several games and that never happened. Do you have some examples of that? The only ones I can think of would be Ubisoft and such, as they sell both physical and digital and are the ones who creates the keys (Amazon sells both, but doesn't send keys to those who preordered physical editions).

Sharindel: 1. Make a preload with special keys. A option to preload the game with the installer, where you must insert a second key to activeted the verison.
That would be nice (I don't know if all shops would be able to handle that automatically). But I guess that's not something that is currently done and CDP didn't invent the wheel here. But that would be a nice idea. I've preordered several games and never got a preload key and since most release dates are on thursdays/fridays here, I end up waiting for next Monday/Tuesday to play the games.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by Over
misterek4444: Meany publishers send preload links to the e-mails of people that bought the game in box, such a mistreatment of customers was not expected by anyone.
Over: I didn't know there were publishers that sent the keys to people who preordered physical editions. I've preordered several games and that never happened. Do you have some examples of that? The only ones I can think of would be Ubisoft and such, as they sell both physical and digital and are the ones who creates the keys (Amazon sells both, but doesn't send keys to those who preordered physical editions).
Over: That would be nice (I don't know if all shops would be able to handle that automatically). But I guess that's not something that is currently done and CDP didn't invent the wheel here. But that would be a nice idea. I've preordered several games and never got a preload key and since most release dates are on thursdays/fridays here, I end up waiting for next Monday/Tuesday to play the games.
As example Square Enix gives preload keys directly to customers and resellers
Atleast give the people who bought the game on retailers a way to predownload as well and not make them suffer just because they got some "free goodies". CDPR already said the key code in the physical copy will be use in the GOG so why not let us use the preload in GOG as well. we will end up here anyway. sorry for my bad english if i make some few grammatical error.
Over: That would be nice (I don't know if all shops would be able to handle that automatically). But I guess that's not something that is currently done and CDP didn't invent the wheel here. But that would be a nice idea. I've preordered several games and never got a preload key and since most release dates are on thursdays/fridays here, I end up waiting for next Monday/Tuesday to play the games.
Oh, it is normal, preLoad Keys are everywhere.
Even for EA as publisher such things is standart, even small indi Devs. Send Preload Keys, there are even tons of services out there, who sent them automaticly. Like SendOwl, so it is a normal thing, to sent preLoad Keys to customer. Every Game i bought on Amazon, if they have a preload, i get a preload key or they sent earlyer. But not in CP2077.

CDP miss it and now they can do something agains it, because the need to do it.
They cant say, "oh sorry you don't get a physical copy of the game in the box and now you all must load it at the same time". They have two ways to solve this. First, they make a preload installer for everyone now, post it in the forum of gog and let the people download it. At the best, they make a torrent out of it and they make some seeders. It only must contain a heavy encrypted version.

The second thing they cant do it anymore. Next time CDP, use a USB Stick. Buy some hunderttousends with a special design and copy the gold version on it. Sell it in a small nice box, that even fit in a small slit postbox. And say every reseller, that they must sent it asap, if you tell them to send it. Or make a preorder key as mentioned.
oskis2000: So, I have a solution, you can download a game from pirates bay (i know that is not nice) and when you get your phisical copy, you can press find game and there you have it
Yeah, its not really a ideal solution. It would be better, that CDP give us this files.