It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I finished downloading the game overnight and checked it this morning. It's only 59GB. So I'm guessing it will decompress to 70GB? And I of course checked to see if it can be played. The play button is active. But I didn't click it because I had to get ready for work.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by REG2012
REG2012: I finished downloading the game overnight and checked it this morning. It's only 59GB. So I'm guessing it will decompress to 70GB? And I of course checked to see if it can be played. The play button is active. But I didn't click it because I had to get ready for work.
Either that or the Day 1 patch will bring the install size up to 70GB, assuming the patched version was not already preloaded.

Play button just opens the placeholder .exe which includes a little easter egg screenshot :)
ipsumata: Play button just opens the placeholder .exe which includes a little easter egg screenshot :)
for me it opens a window asking to install .net framework 3.5, then when trying to install it there's an error and nothing happens. play button becomes purple again immediately after clicking
Post edited December 08, 2020 by iaguin_du_caum
ipsumata: Play button just opens the placeholder .exe which includes a little easter egg screenshot :)
iaguin_du_caum: for me it opens a window asking to install .net framework 3.5, then when trying to install it there's an error and nothing happens. play button becomes purple again immediately after clicking
Probably already a newer version installed. It's happened to me a few times with new games.
REG2012: Probably already a newer version installed. It's happened to me a few times with new games.
but the games still started for you, didn't they? for me nothing happens
well, yes, a newer version is installed. this happened once when trying to start batman arkham city on steam, but then i gave up, couldn't solve it. the game wouldn't start, just like right now.

I REALLY hope this is just a thing with the placehold .exe and the final game won't present this issue. it would be crushing if that happened after waiting for so long for the moment I'm able to play this.
REG2012: Probably already a newer version installed. It's happened to me a few times with new games.
iaguin_du_caum: but the games still started for you, didn't they? for me nothing happens
well, yes, a newer version is installed. this happened once when trying to start batman arkham city on steam, but then i gave up, couldn't solve it. the game wouldn't start, just like right now.

I REALLY hope this is just a thing with the placehold .exe and the final game won't present this issue. it would be crushing if that happened after waiting for so long for the moment I'm able to play this.
Yes they did.

Have you tried to update Windows? Maybe it has a newer version.
iaguin_du_caum: but the games still started for you, didn't they? for me nothing happens

REG2012: Yes they did.

yeah, well, it seems the issue is with windows update. if the actual game has the issue, guess i'll have to format this
thanks!
REG2012: Yes they did.

iaguin_du_caum: yeah, well, it seems the issue is with windows update. if the actual game has the issue, guess i'll have to format this
thanks!
When I clicked the play button, I had a pic pop up saying, "Go back to sleep Samuri, is not Dec. 10th yet". Thought it was pretty cool!
Post edited December 08, 2020 by Skiiwa
iaguin_du_caum: yeah, well, it seems the issue is with windows update. if the actual game has the issue, guess i'll have to format this
thanks!
Skiiwa: When I clicked the play button, I had a pic pop up saying, "Go back to sleep Samuri, is not Dec. 10th yet". Thought it was pretty cool!
Yea we all have that.
They knew people were going to try and play it.