It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My specs are: RTX 2060, i7-9700K, 16 GB RAM. Game is running on an SSD.

My game seems to run fine for the most part even on high settings however, it becomes very hot after about 30 minutes of playing (even with the graphics turned down). I'm too scared to keep the game running for extended periods of time in fear of potentially damaging my hardware.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggested fixes?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Yeah i noticed it heats cpu bit more than other games, gpu too.
Case ventilation is all i can think of.
For as long as your CPU not hitting max temperature (Tjunction for Intel CPUs) it's fine.

I have no idea how many heavy apps i ran on a laptop that were making my old laptop CPU get in high 80C temperature range. 4 years later it's still working as good as new.

Not to mention that modern CPUs throttle clock speeds down to avoid overheating.
Another option is undervolting (both core and cache) by 60-100mV. That alone can reduce the temperature by 5-15C.
Some CPUs can go down as low as -180mV but it's a gamble - other CPUs will work unstable on voltage that low.
chrisHOMM: My specs are: RTX 2060, i7-9700K, 16 GB RAM. Game is running on an SSD.

My game seems to run fine for the most part even on high settings however, it becomes very hot after about 30 minutes of playing (even with the graphics turned down). I'm too scared to keep the game running for extended periods of time in fear of potentially damaging my hardware.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggested fixes?
I am also having the same problem. Similar setup as to yours, though slightly older graphics card.
My Core Temp is raising to 100c (TJ is 115, but still, that seems too high).

I should be able to run it on High settings, but I have turned it down to Low, and the whole thing is still burning hot.

Frankly, im also afraid to run the game for very long.
Thanks for the useful replies.

I ran MSI Afterburner and checked the temperature during different things.

For reference, while my PC was idle (no programs running) it was a 27C. I decided to run the game on low settings to be safe.

While in the main menu it already climbed to 50C+ after about 15 seconds and stayed there.

While in game but idle (standing still in a relatively empty area) it was about 50C+ as well.

While in game, and browsing the menus (e.g. perks, inventory etc) it went down to about 40C.

While in game but action is happening (cutscenes, combat etc) it went over 70C very quickly.

I'm not sure why the main menu has my CPU hotter than the in game menu does.

From what I can tell 70C is safe to run the game at without any damage to my CPU. It still worries me though. I'll continue to monitor the temperature as I play.