It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It doesn't always happen, but several times when I quit after making a manual saved game, Windows just freezes - can't even move the cursor and I have to use the reset button.
After it happens, when I return to the game I get a message that the settings file got corrupted and the settings will return to the defaults (it happened even when the settings WERE set to default).

The first time it happened, the PC didn't freeze, but it entered a weird reboot loop which I had to stop manually, but this happened only once, after that, the freezes started to happen. When the reboot loop issue occurred, it was the save file that got corrupted, not the settings file.

This is a brand new PC by the way.

Is it a known issue?

I asked for a refund but I don't mind re-buying the game if I get help with this issue.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by Dragonsphere1
Ok now the reboot loop happened two more times, so it's not a one time thing.

I just don't understand how a game can have such a bad effect on the computer, I don't think I saw anything like it before.
When Windows freezes, is it truly frozen or is just your mouse frozen? Windows 10 can have trouble with the mouse and updating your mouse drivers may help with that. To test it, when the freeze happens the next time press the Windows key. Does the Start menu open? Does Ctrl+Shift+ESC open Task Manager? Does Win+X open a menu? If the keyboard still works, your mouse driver has crashed. If you have a special mouse, like some Logitech G series, reinstall Logitech drivers, otherwise use Device Manager.

Of course the game crashing is not normal, so that should be fixed, too. Have you tried the usuals? Uninstall game, update Windows, reboot, update all the drivers (mouse in this case, but also your video card drivers), reboot again, install again and try if it works. If it still crashes, uninstall and then remove all the residual game files, install again.
Hi

It's seems like a real freeze - the PC won't even enter freeze.

And now the more serious problem is the reboot, Windows simply reboots, sometimes in a loop, when I quit the game. This is happening now more than the freeze.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and I tried updating my GPU drivers.
That does sound worrying. Windows going to a reboot loop sounds like it messes with your system as well. A game should not do that.

Did you try to delete the config files when you reinstalled? If not, try:

1. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077
2. Delete the folder %localappdata%\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
3. If the game folder for Cyberpunk 2077 still exists after uninstalling, delete that, too.
4. Reboot
5. Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077

Your save files should be elsewhere so deleting the Cyberpunk 2077 folder from AppData shouldn't remove your save files.

Provided that you have updated Windows and reinstalled (not updated, reinstalled) GPU drivers. If not, do those things, too.
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried all of them and more, nothing worked. I ended up taking the PC to the store because it's brand new, and they've found incorrect RAM voltage settings in the BIOS. After setting everything to "Auto", the problem stopped occurring.
Since this isn't something that should happen when buying a brand new PC, I decided it's unacceptable and returned them the PC for a full refund.

I guess I'll re-buy Cyberpunk when I re-buy a PC LOL :)
Dragonsphere1: Since this isn't something that should happen when buying a brand new PC,
It can. If it was just a simple BIOS reset I doubt there was anything actually wrong with the computer. When you get a new motherboard the BIOS might have strange values and a reset might be the first thing you need to do. Now that you don't have the computer any more it doesn't really matter, but in in the future when you get new hardware it is good to run some tests. At least a RAM test is a good thing to do. There are plenty of software that can do that. HeavyLoad ( https://www.jam-software.com/heavyload ), PassMark, StressMyPC ( https://stressmypc.en.uptodown.com/windows ). For your next PC consider running at least a 24h RAM test first. I usually use PassMark's MemTest86 ( https://www.memtest86.com/ ), but any will do. For your GPU you could of course use 3DMark's ( https://www.3dmark.com/ ) benchmark, but Heaven & Valley ( https://benchmark.unigine.com/ ) is free. Aida ( https://www.aida64.com/ ) is pretty ok for CPUs.

edited since this forum cannot handle URL tags.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by frogthroat
Yes the computer worked well after it came back from the lab, but at that point I returned it due to customer service more than anything else :\

And thanks for all the info and advice, I'll definitely save it for when the time comes for a new PC again :)
Dragonsphere1: And thanks for all the info and advice, I'll definitely save it for when the time comes for a new PC again :)
Yeah, there's pros and cons for everything. Of course with a good gaming PC you get better graphics and can use mods. Also, keyboard and mouse are much better for fps games. But PCs require tinkering. There's always updates, patches, change of settings and that is not something everyone wants to do. And even after installing a game you need to go through the game settings to make it suitable for your system.

Although I am a PC gamer, I would still recommend a console for someone who is just not interested in fiddling around with settings. In most cases Xbox and Playstation just work. Buy a game, wait for it to download. Done, you can start playing. So while you are thinking about a PC, maybe get an Xbox or Playstation in the mean time? Xbox has also Game Pass that includes a lot of games so with a small monthly subscription fee you get access to an enormous library of games.