It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
The offline installer is MUCH larger than the game's installation.
While the installation through Galaxy requires 60 GB, the offline installer eats up about 100GB.

I assume that there are multiple languages included in the installer.

Would it be possible to get
a) different installers per language
or
b) split the installer into 'basic' (english) and additional language packs?
I just came here to wonder about the same thing... System Requirements say 70GB, and I'm expected to download 100GB?
Didn't realise it could be because of languages. But yeah, that's propably it. Saw the video about the different spoken languages in-game.

Hope it gets sorted out in a future build.
I decided to send a support ticket on this issue. Maybe if others follow, it might get some attention.

I don't see why we should get punished for using the offline install method. That's half again the game install size as extra, wasted download - as well as not having been offered preload option.

If GOG keeps nudging users to Galaxy by making offline installers harder to use, we might as well move to Steam.
They need to rebuild their installers - make voice languages separate downloads. That's why Galaxy download is smaller - by default it downloads only language you selected.
I noticed the size too... and TBH I can't imagine 40GB of language differences (even if you had all 7 thousand or so of them), so I seriously doubt it's that.... My money is on preloaded assets for the planned DLCs (not the full DLCs, but like buildings, character data, prefabs, etc)
Void_Singer: I noticed the size too... and TBH I can't imagine 40GB of language differences (even if you had all 7 thousand or so of them), so I seriously doubt it's that.... My money is on preloaded assets for the planned DLCs (not the full DLCs, but like buildings, character data, prefabs, etc)
It is language packs. Looks at the past games (Witcher 3) - language packs were about 4 GB per language. Might be larger for this game. Don't forget about all the voiceovers.

From design choice standpoint language packs should be separate - but considering all issues with CP2077 that need fixing, this is the least important one.
Agree it's not the most urgent issue, it's just another one of these things that slowly make the offline installers less viable/usable, and seems like they keep nudging us towards Galaxy Client.
Honestly? I think this is by design. When using the offline installer you could play the game for xy amount of hours and still request a refund. No way for them to check your actual playtime, right? But if you have GOG Galaxy running in the background it'll track your playtime.

My support/refund request from launch day was just denied on the basis of me having played for 28 hours. How many of those hours were spent just trying to get it to run half-decent and fix the keyboard control mess? They don't care.

In any case, before anyone is going to say "but 28 hours..." I didn't even want a refund anymore. What I want is a fix for all the stuff that is broken. And I guess that sort of includes a bloated offline installer that's WAY bigger than it has any right to be.
XTRMNTR2K: Honestly? I think this is by design. When using the offline installer you could play the game for xy amount of hours and still request a refund. No way for them to check your actual playtime, right? But if you have GOG Galaxy running in the background it'll track your playtime.
You can also use Galaxy to download the game, then play without Galaxy.
XTRMNTR2K: Honestly? I think this is by design. When using the offline installer you could play the game for xy amount of hours and still request a refund. No way for them to check your actual playtime, right? But if you have GOG Galaxy running in the background it'll track your playtime.
if you don't trust the option to NOT track playing time., you can also use Galaxy to download the game, then play without Galaxy.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by neumi5694
neumi5694: if you don't trust the option to NOT track playing time., you can also use Galaxy to download the game, then play without Galaxy.
I know, but that doesn't change the fact the offline installer is needlessly large in the first place.

Plus, even when using Galaxy, game time tracking should be an option that users should be able to disable... Unless I missed how to do that already?

EDIT: Scratch that, I totally missed the option. My bad.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by XTRMNTR2K
XTRMNTR2K: I know, but that doesn't change the fact the offline installer is needlessly large in the first place.
Of course not :) I didn't start the thread just for fun. I was just referring to the "by design" statement, so people could not ask for refunds.

XTRMNTR2K: Plus, even when using Galaxy, game time tracking should be an option that users should be able to disable... Unless I missed how to do that already?

EDIT: Scratch that, I totally missed the option. My bad.
No worries.

My support/refund request from launch day was just denied on the basis of me having played for 28 hours. How many of those hours were spent just trying to get it to run half-decent and fix the keyboard control mess? They don't care.

In any case, before anyone is going to say "but 28 hours..." I didn't even want a refund anymore. What I want is a fix for all the stuff that is broken. And I guess that sort of includes a bloated offline installer that's WAY bigger than it has any right to be.
GoG's refund policy is if you download the game you cannot refund it unless you provide proof that you cannot play it. Downloading the game includes using Galaxy or the offline installers. No clue where you're getting this 28 hours from (if it is performance you're after it takes 30 seconds to turn every setting to low and see if your computer can handle it).

Sounds more like this is a "principle" refund... which given DRM free gaming isn't really allowed. You tried the game, didn't like it, and are refunding on the principle that you don't like the game.
Almost two years later, patch 1.6 just landed, and still no change on this.

The offline installer size is almost twice the size of the installed game. Come on GOG/CDPR!
I can't speak for the 1.6 patch but, as far as 1.5 or before went, the game itself clocked in at about 70 GB...then there was an additional 30 GB 'day one patch.' My guess would be that the patch is included with the downloader as well as the executable needing to sort through the bin files.

Again, it's nothing more than a guess from me. I could be (and probably am) wrong on some parts of this at least.