It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No man sky blackout? Where is the recent honest and direct communication? I need a heads up please.
Attachments:
roadd.png (230 Kb)
Post edited June 12, 2021 by Melcrin
I don't know if you have heard, but in February CDP had hackers stealing their source code for Thronebreaker, The Witcher 3 RTX, Cyberpunk 2077, Redengine, and also their employee data. All their computers were compromised and that halted development immediately.

Employees had to go and change their bank details and everything because all their personal data was stolen as well.

The data was sold and now there is a torrent going around with all that stuff and they are selling or begin selling the password to the torrent package.

Expect delays because of these sad individuals who stole their work. I am sure you were just oblivious of what has happened. Surely no one can be that kind of person who knows about the theft and still demands updates now.
frogthroat: Surely no one can be that kind of person who knows about the theft and still demands updates now.
Sadly, I have seen posts of people stating that CDPR made everything up about the hacker attack as an excuse to their inability to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 as it was "promised".

Ergo, they keep going on spewing venom on the game, the developers, and CDProjekt Red.
Post edited June 13, 2021 by Nephilim88
Hah, I sincerely doubt that CDPR made the hacking story up. They can't win even when they do everything right because gamers have become spoiled brats these days. Maybe I'm cynical but I didn't doubt it for one minute, knowing how pathetic gamers can be nowadays.

Anyways, OP, be patient. It's frustrating, I know, I really want to see more patches, the free DLCs and eventually, the expansions but I'm cutting them some slack as they struggle to get the whole situation under control.
JakobFel: Hah, I sincerely doubt that CDPR made the hacking story up. They can't win even when they do everything right because gamers have become spoiled brats these days. Maybe I'm cynical but I didn't doubt it for one minute, knowing how pathetic gamers can be nowadays.
I don't believe it either, but I didn't think people could sink so low actually XD
frogthroat: I don't know if you have heard, but in February CDP had hackers stealing their source code for Thronebreaker, The Witcher 3 RTX, Cyberpunk 2077, Redengine, and also their employee data. All their computers were compromised and that halted development immediately.

Employees had to go and change their bank details and everything because all their personal data was stolen as well.

The data was sold and now there is a torrent going around with all that stuff and they are selling or begin selling the password to the torrent package.

Expect delays because of these sad individuals who stole their work. I am sure you were just oblivious of what has happened. Surely no one can be that kind of person who knows about the theft and still demands updates now.
i don't believe it that much.

Software engineering is what they do for a living it's like saying CIA got hacked.....
or the baker starved to death.

see the problem?.
the whole hacking story sounds fake
frogthroat: I don't know if you have heard, but in February CDP had hackers stealing their source code for Thronebreaker, The Witcher 3 RTX, Cyberpunk 2077, Redengine, and also their employee data. All their computers were compromised and that halted development immediately.

Abishia: i don't believe it that much.

Software engineering is what they do for a living it's like saying CIA got hacked.....

see the problem?.
i do not think it was a lie, but i no longer care

either their security was crap (as sems to be the case with many iof these big companies) or one of their employees idiotically let someone in

i had a little sympathy at first, but that is a 100% their problem thing. i am sitting with a patch that cannot be applied because it is asking for 300+ g of space for the 30+ g patch. i have asked and the only response i get is to use their bs galaxy.

no

fix your damn game or give me back my money

see the problem?.
Software DEVELOPING is not the same as network engineering, mate ;)
chmegma: i do not think it was a lie, but i no longer care

either their security was crap (as sems to be the case with many iof these big companies) or one of their employees idiotically let someone in

i had a little sympathy at first, but that is a 100% their problem thing. i am sitting with a patch that cannot be applied because it is asking for 300+ g of space for the 30+ g patch. i have asked and the only response i get is to use their bs galaxy.

no

How are they supposed to get a patch out if most of the data they were working on have been stolen (along with the employees personal data)?
Post edited June 14, 2021 by Nephilim88

see the problem?.
Nephilim88: Software DEVELOPING is not the same as network engineering, mate ;)
chmegma: i do not think it was a lie, but i no longer care

no

Nephilim88: How are they supposed to get a patch out if most of the data they were working on have been stolen (along with the employees personal data)?
a copy was stolen and their files were encrypted. they had back ups that were/are 100% and are able to use them. they are focusing on finding how the bad actors got in.

did you think that they had to rebuild the game, from the code up?

i have no sympathy any longer. this did not just happen. had they had a robust security system or had one of these employees not fallen for the phishing attempt, we would not be here.

as the customer, i am allowed to be angry and demand a working patch
chmegma: did you think that they had to rebuild the game, from the code up?
Of course not, surely they had back-ups of the source codes and the final build (and also maybe of the previous patches), but they may not have had the data for the newest patches backed-up yet.

Or, probably, the hackers that gained access to their infrastructure messed up their back-ups as well, bringing them effectively several months back with their progress on the game. Once a hacker is in, he/she has access to the whole network: nothing is safe.
chmegma: did you think that they had to rebuild the game, from the code up?
Nephilim88: Of course not, surely they had back-ups of the source codes and the final build (and also maybe of the previous patches), but they may not have had the data for the newest patches backed-up yet.

Or, probably, the hackers that gained access to their infrastructure messed up their back-ups as well, bringing them effectively several months back with their progress on the game. Once a hacker is in, he/she has access to the whole network: nothing is safe.
nope. all of the files ar there and in tact. no company leaves all of their data on a single system that can be corrupted or stolen or any number of things. there is always a working copy somewhere

what i am asking for, though, is for them to fix the already released patch. i cannot apply it because it is asking for 10x the amount of space it needs. i have a lot of space on my computer, but i also have a lot of games. i would hav to erase 150 GB just to be able to apply thier 32 GB patch

see the problem?.
Yes. I see the problem: You do not understand internet.

https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/5-million-google-passwords-leaked-a-7299

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_hack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage

https://www.keepnetlabs.com/the-biggest-data-breaches-in-the-first-half-of-2020/

https://www.microbilt.com/news/article/15-million-credit-accounts-hacked

https://bgr.com/tech/data-leak-exposes-biggest-password-trove-of-all-time-online-5930388/

I mean, a 16-year old boy hacked into Apple's servers:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/17/melbourne-teen-pleads-guilty-to-hacking-into-apple-network

Where have you been the past ... since the internet was invented if you don't know that data leaks, breaches and hacks are surprisingly common and affect even the biggest tech companies?
chmegma: as the customer, i am allowed to be angry and demand a working patch
And a working patch is coming. No one at CDPR has said they stopped working on them. It just takes time. Being angry is your choice and you can be as angry as you want even after you get the working patch.

I also would like to have the free DLCs and the expansions already. But I understand it may take time so I choose not to rise my blood pressure over it. Life if choices. If being angry is your thing, go for it.
Post edited June 14, 2021 by frogthroat

see the problem?.
frogthroat: Yes. I see the problem: You do not understand internet.

https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/5-million-google-passwords-leaked-a-7299

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_hack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage

https://www.keepnetlabs.com/the-biggest-data-breaches-in-the-first-half-of-2020/

https://www.microbilt.com/news/article/15-million-credit-accounts-hacked

https://bgr.com/tech/data-leak-exposes-biggest-password-trove-of-all-time-online-5930388/

I mean, a 16-year old boy hacked into Apple's servers:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/17/melbourne-teen-pleads-guilty-to-hacking-into-apple-network

Where have you been the past ... since the internet was invented if you don't know that data leaks, breaches and hacks are surprisingly common and affect even the biggest tech companies?
chmegma: as the customer, i am allowed to be angry and demand a working patch
frogthroat: And a working patch is coming. No one at CDPR has said they stopped working on them. It just takes time. Being angry is your choice and you can be as angry as you want even after you get the working patch.

I also would like to have the free DLCs and the expansions already. But I understand it may take time so I choose not to rise my blood pressure over it. Life if choices. If being angry is your thing, go for it.
i like how me being angry is what you focus on.

believe it or not, i am able to be angry at the company for its shortfalls, without even rasining my bp, and still be happy with the rest of the things i am doing.

i know, it seems impossible to you, but it is a thing.

they have had plenty of time to fix the issue with the previous patch. using this exuse for it to take longer is not something that i, as a customer, am willing to except
chmegma: i like how me being angry is what you focus on.
There was very little substance beyond that. For example: "Had they had a robust security..." maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but it happened regardless. The milk has been spilled. They are fixing it.

chmegma: they have had plenty of time to fix the issue with the previous patch.
Is this how you feel? The way you write makes me pretty sure you have not worked a day in a software company so this must be based on your feelings, not actual experience.

chmegma: using this exuse for it to take longer is not something that i, as a customer, am willing to except
What, in practice, does this mean? What are you planning on doing? What do you expect will happen?
chmegma: i like how me being angry is what you focus on.
frogthroat: There was very little substance beyond that. For example: "Had they had a robust security..." maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but it happened regardless. The milk has been spilled. They are fixing it.

chmegma: they have had plenty of time to fix the issue with the previous patch.
frogthroat: Is this how you feel? The way you write makes me pretty sure you have not worked a day in a software company so this must be based on your feelings, not actual experience.

chmegma: using this exuse for it to take longer is not something that i, as a customer, am willing to except
frogthroat: What, in practice, does this mean? What are you planning on doing? What do you expect will happen?
partner, if you are willing to accept that it takes their entire company to find out how their stuff was stolen, and let them use that as an excuse to take even longer to fix a broken patch (not even the in game bugs, but simply the fact that it is asking for 300+GB of space instead of 32), more power to you. i am not. what that means in the practical sense is that i am getting my money back