It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AZaph_gog: This seems to be specific to some configs. My RTX 2070 Super is hitting 80 - 90 % utilization. It's probably not going higher because ray tracing cores are limiting my FPS. CPU is about 30 - 40 % on my 3900X with 12 threads being used, but none at 100 %. I'm getting 45 - 70 FPS with ray tracing on, depending on the area.
I have done some research and it's not that specific it seems. While my friend has 3080 and 9900k it works very well on his rig. Others with the exact same specs are having the exact same problem and that is low GPU utilization. I thought this was AMD related, at least with the CPU but it spread widely. I have seen people reporting that kind of a problem on the 8700k, 9700k, 10700k, 10900k, Ryzen from 3600 to 5950x. It's impossible to tell what exact specs are having this problem. I have personally spent 2 days figuring out what could be wrong but no luck so far. It's up to CDPR to tell us more about it. But I doubt they do even care ATM because consoles are having even bigger problems. That's why my hopes are not that big because IMO they will do whatever they can with consoles and than they will focus on the PC. I truly hope I am wrong but lets wait and see what will they bring to us.

So far this is the biggest disappointment in many years of my gaming. Maybe because I was expecting to much but I had hope with the CDPR and their well known polishing in the gaming industry. It seems those days are gone and money is the king...
Let's see what will new patch do now :)

Edit: No difference except it instantly crashed...
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Pretender87
Pretender87: Let's see what will new patch do now :)

love to see it. lol, i had 0 expectation it would actually get fixed this update. gonna be a week or two probably.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by desu_is_sparta
AZaph_gog: This seems to be specific to some configs. My RTX 2070 Super is hitting 80 - 90 % utilization. It's probably not going higher because ray tracing cores are limiting my FPS. CPU is about 30 - 40 % on my 3900X with 12 threads being used, but none at 100 %. I'm getting 45 - 70 FPS with ray tracing on, depending on the area.
Pretender87: I have done some research and it's not that specific it seems. While my friend has 3080 and 9900k it works very well on his rig. Others with the exact same specs are having the exact same problem and that is low GPU utilization. I thought this was AMD related, at least with the CPU but it spread widely. I have seen people reporting that kind of a problem on the 8700k, 9700k, 10700k, 10900k, Ryzen from 3600 to 5950x. It's impossible to tell what exact specs are having this problem. I have personally spent 2 days figuring out what could be wrong but no luck so far. It's up to CDPR to tell us more about it. But I doubt they do even care ATM because consoles are having even bigger problems. That's why my hopes are not that big because IMO they will do whatever they can with consoles and than they will focus on the PC. I truly hope I am wrong but lets wait and see what will they bring to us.

So far this is the biggest disappointment in many years of my gaming. Maybe because I was expecting to much but I had hope with the CDPR and their well known polishing in the gaming industry. It seems those days are gone and money is the king...
I'm sorry to hear that :-/ would piss me of too if I had high end gear and the game refuses to make use of it!

desu_is_sparta: love to see it. lol, i had 0 expectation it would actually get fixed this update. gonna be a week or two probably.
Lets be honest. Not in this year :) I expect it to be "fixed" with the first DLC.

desu_is_sparta: love to see it. lol, i had 0 expectation it would actually get fixed this update. gonna be a week or two probably.
Yeah, well I am the one who is unlucky among with others :D But at the end there are so many games that are "stealing" my time :)
Does anyone know where are settings saved? Which file? So I can reset my settings...
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Pretender87
Pretender87: Lets be honest. Not in this year :) I expect it to be "fixed" with the first DLC.
Pretender87: Yeah, well I am the one who is unlucky among with others :D But at the end there are so many games that are "stealing" my time :)
Does anyone know where are settings saved? Which file? So I can reset my settings...
Save games are here: `C:\Users\sparta\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077`
User settings are here `C:\Users\sparta\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077`
Post edited December 12, 2020 by desu_is_sparta
Pretender87: Lets be honest. Not in this year :) I expect it to be "fixed" with the first DLC.

Yeah, well I am the one who is unlucky among with others :D But at the end there are so many games that are "stealing" my time :)
desu_is_sparta: Save games are here: `C:\Users\sparta\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077`
User settings are here `C:\Users\sparta\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077`
I had low gpu usage because of the latest nvidia drivers. Try reinstalling doing a clean installation

desu_is_sparta: Save games are here: `C:\Users\sparta\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077`
Tnx, found it, deleted it and nothing changed :( Still horrible performance in my case :(
Yeah, that's weird. You have like 16 cores.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by batouyukinawa
batouyukinawa: Yeah, that's weird. You have like 16 cores.
Yeah, and barely reaching 60-70 fps in the city with DLSS on quality and RT off...
goguser9913: I had low gpu usage because of the latest nvidia drivers. Try reinstalling doing a clean installation
doesn't make a difference for me
I am really loosing hope here. Not a single FPS gain but more frequent crashes :(
I was testing today and saw that game is using 4 cores at 100% and other very low. Any ideas?
Since devs have gone radio silence I can only presume they are aware of this problem and they don't know how to fix it or they don't even bother with it...
I have tried to update to the latest bios for my motherboard and that did nothing to the CPU usage. Still acting like a bottleneck on 5950x!

But people are complaining on the riddit more and more so it's time you tell us something about it CDPR! What's the deal keeping silence?