It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys!

Since the launch of the game I am having a really strange problem. No matter which settings I select FPS stays same around 65-85. In the main menu where FPS should go sky high if not limited, it stays at 95.

GPU usage is 48-52% everything at max, RT off, DLSS set to Quality and resolution is being set to 1440p. So, what am I doing wrong because no matter what I do, FPS stays always the same and settings do nothing at all except changing GPU usage?

Ty for your answers and wish you best!
Pretender87: Hi guys!

Since the launch of the game I am having a really strange problem. No matter which settings I select FPS stays same around 65-85. In the main menu where FPS should go sky high if not limited, it stays at 95.

GPU usage is 48-52% everything at max, RT off, DLSS set to Quality and resolution is being set to 1440p. So, what am I doing wrong because no matter what I do, FPS stays always the same and settings do nothing at all except changing GPU usage?

I can confirm I also have low GPU usage with my 3090. I am switching between options on DLSS and its making no difference and I'm sitting at about 60fps on average on medium settings with no raytracing. Its showing that its using 100% of my CPU (i7-8700k) and around 50% of my GPU.
Pretender87: Hi guys!

JoshNLewis: I can confirm I also have low GPU usage with my 3090. I am switching between options on DLSS and its making no difference and I'm sitting at about 60fps on average on medium settings with no raytracing. Its showing that its using 100% of my CPU (i7-8700k) and around 50% of my GPU.
Is there any confirmation from the devs since this is getting a common problem to many users or they keep everything in silence and count 8mio sold copies and our money?
JoshNLewis: I can confirm I also have low GPU usage with my 3090. I am switching between options on DLSS and its making no difference and I'm sitting at about 60fps on average on medium settings with no raytracing. Its showing that its using 100% of my CPU (i7-8700k) and around 50% of my GPU.
Pretender87: Is there any confirmation from the devs since this is getting a common problem to many users or they keep everything in silence and count 8mio sold copies and our money?
Same issue. 3700x + 3080. 50fps no matter what settings. radio silence from devs since launch.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by desu_is_sparta
desu_is_sparta: Same issue. 3700x + 3080. 50fps no matter what settings. radio silence from devs since launch.
I suspect they are in ultra-firefighter mode right now, especially as apparently the console version are in a 10 time worse state than the PC version. There are rumors of a patch (1.04) being released the 15 which is supposed to mostly contains performances fix, maybe it's one of them.
desu_is_sparta: Same issue. 3700x + 3080. 50fps no matter what settings. radio silence from devs since launch.
Gersen: I suspect they are in ultra-firefighter mode right now, especially as apparently the console version are in a 10 time worse state than the PC version. There are rumors of a patch (1.04) being released the 15 which is supposed to mostly contains performances fix, maybe it's one of them.
Lets hope so...not that is unplayable but it is very annoying to see problems like that :)
Gersen: I suspect they are in ultra-firefighter mode right now, especially as apparently the console version are in a 10 time worse state than the PC version. There are rumors of a patch (1.04) being released the 15 which is supposed to mostly contains performances fix, maybe it's one of them.
I'm not waiting until the 15th. I'm refunding and i'll repurchase if the game ever improves. This is unacceptable. I can deal with bugs but the weak performance on very strong hardware makes the game unplayable.
desu_is_sparta: I'm not waiting until the 15th. I'm refunding and i'll repurchase if the game ever improves. This is unacceptable. I can deal with bugs but the weak performance on very strong hardware makes the game unplayable.
Dude, it's three days away. You're going to refund it and then repurchase it? Why? That's so redundant.
desu_is_sparta: I'm not waiting until the 15th. I'm refunding and i'll repurchase if the game ever improves. This is unacceptable. I can deal with bugs but the weak performance on very strong hardware makes the game unplayable.
Ajax1983: Dude, it's three days away. You're going to refund it and then repurchase it? Why? That's so redundant.
The patch date is just a rumor, and there's no way of knowing whether or not it will fix the issue that we're having. So yes, I am refunding until I know for sure the problem is fixed. What does it matter to you? If they don't follow-through, I keep my money. If they do, they get my money back.
Ajax1983: Dude, it's three days away. You're going to refund it and then repurchase it? Why? That's so redundant.
desu_is_sparta: The patch date is just a rumor, and there's no way of knowing whether or not it will fix the issue that we're having. So yes, I am refunding until I know for sure the problem is fixed. What does it matter to you? If they don't follow-through, I keep my money. If they do, they get my money back.
While I agree with you lets make our time more useful...does anyone have a clue how we can (if we even can) fix the problem? I have tried so many things...disabling AV, disabling every program in the background, I have even changed ram sticks today (not because of the cyberpunk), tried to do some tweaking in the nVidia CP, tried to put on the game mode in AMD Ryzen Master suite, tried to run in a compatibility mode (disabling full screen optimization, run as Administrator), tried to do a re install, tried to install GPU drivers many times (have the latest one) and I can't remember what else have I tried to do...

It's like it is hitting one core at the max and relies on that core...
desu_is_sparta: The patch date is just a rumor, and there's no way of knowing whether or not it will fix the issue that we're having. So yes, I am refunding until I know for sure the problem is fixed. What does it matter to you? If they don't follow-through, I keep my money. If they do, they get my money back.
Pretender87: While I agree with you lets make our time more useful...does anyone have a clue how we can (if we even can) fix the problem? I have tried so many things...disabling AV, disabling every program in the background, I have even changed ram sticks today (not because of the cyberpunk), tried to do some tweaking in the nVidia CP, tried to put on the game mode in AMD Ryzen Master suite, tried to run in a compatibility mode (disabling full screen optimization, run as Administrator), tried to do a re install, tried to install GPU drivers many times (have the latest one) and I can't remember what else have I tried to do...

I have tried every fix imaginable. Every install, reinstall, reset, restart, etc. Reinstalled game on SSD. Tried every windows setting, driver, driver configuration, core allocation, thread allocation, priority allocation, permission, compatibility, etc. Nothing fixes it.
Pretender87: While I agree with you lets make our time more useful...does anyone have a clue how we can (if we even can) fix the problem? I have tried so many things...disabling AV, disabling every program in the background, I have even changed ram sticks today (not because of the cyberpunk), tried to do some tweaking in the nVidia CP, tried to put on the game mode in AMD Ryzen Master suite, tried to run in a compatibility mode (disabling full screen optimization, run as Administrator), tried to do a re install, tried to install GPU drivers many times (have the latest one) and I can't remember what else have I tried to do...

desu_is_sparta: I have tried every fix imaginable. Every install, reinstall, reset, restart, etc. Reinstalled game on SSD. Tried every windows setting, driver, driver configuration, core allocation, thread allocation, priority allocation, permission, compatibility, etc. Nothing fixes it.
SO, it seems we are on the same boat. A decent if not powerful PC which can eat this game but game doesn't want to be eaten :D The only thing we can do now is wait and see what will they bring to us, if anything they will..
Maybe some of these ideas "may" work.

https://graphicscardhub.com/low-gpu-usage
This seems to be specific to some configs. My RTX 2070 Super is hitting 80 - 90 % utilization. It's probably not going higher because ray tracing cores are limiting my FPS. CPU is about 30 - 40 % on my 3900X with 12 threads being used, but none at 100 %. I'm getting 45 - 70 FPS with ray tracing on, depending on the area.
ironhorse384: Maybe some of these ideas "may" work.

https://graphicscardhub.com/low-gpu-usage
Thanks, but I have already tried to do that...