It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Would have loved to preorder but seeing that there is just a Windows version available I will have to pass on this one. Any chance this will be available on Linux?
high rated
evilphish: Would have loved to preorder but seeing that there is just a Windows version available I will have to pass on this one. Any chance this will be available on Linux?
+1

I'd totally like to see a Linux version. But if that's not possible, maybe the devs could try to support a basic Lutris/Wine/Proton starter to play the game?
high rated
No tux, no bucks.
Yeah. I want to get this game, but I don't want to add ANOTHER Windows-exclusive game to my library. The fewer games keep me locked to my current dual-boot setup, the better. So while I want to get the game, I'm not putting down any money until there's confirmation of a Linux native release. Or at least an optimized wine-bottle. Native is preferred however.
I'll end up buying it and playing it in any case, but a native linux version would be amazing and push me to pre-order instantly.
Let me answer your question.
90% probability that there won't be linux version.
99% probability that it will work fine with wine + dxvk.
i am sad
I really hope CDPR can make Linux version of the game.
Time and budget will most likely determine if they do a Linux port.
Thunderbringer: Let me answer your question.
reqs say WIN10. WIN10 could mean DX12. DX12 does not work on linux
lets hope they use VULKAN
Thunderbringer: Let me answer your question.
I definitely share your perspective and also with wine, dxvk, Lutris and proton getting developed further it isn't such a big hassle to game on Linux.
Although, I consider important to request Linux versions in order for the increasing number of people that game on such platform to be heard and to grow the numbers of linux gamers.
Distributing Linux games becomes easier each year and many small indie studios and large companies now support Linux without even someone asking. Please support Linux. Yes, Proton/Wine/Lutris work, but having official support would be awesome.
I would really like to buy the game on gog, but if there is non linux client i will buy it on steam. Valve invest money for Proton (wine) and dxvk. I like CD Projekt Red, but if there is non linux client, the only (easy gamestore) possibility (for me) is Steam (i know there is lutris).
fox-mulder: I would really like to buy the game on gog, but if there is non linux client i will buy it on steam. Valve invest money for Proton (wine) and dxvk. I like CD Projekt Red, but if there is non linux client, the only (easy gamestore) possibility (for me) is Steam (i know there is lutris).
You can run games non installed/bought by Steam through Proton.
evilphish: Would have loved to preorder but seeing that there is just a Windows version available I will have to pass on this one. Any chance this will be available on Linux?
Lets hope it will run with Wine/Proton...