It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What a shame if it is. The last dev that could be trusted may be no more soon ☹️

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/76859/law-firms-are-ready-to-sue-cyberpunk-2077-dev-on-grounds-of-deception/index.html
Post edited December 21, 2020 by REG2012
They'll get out of any class action very easily.
Let's see if I got this right. They very same investors who pressured them to rush development to get the game out before Xmas are now suing them because it is buggy and not selling as well as anticipated because it was released too soon?
Zanderat: Let's see if I got this right. They very same investors who pressured them to rush development to get the game out before Xmas are now suing them because it is buggy and not selling as well as anticipated because it was released too soon?
I think the CEO and the most important shareholders have cause this, not the entire investors list. Anyways...
I seem to recall didn't they say the extra work at the end was for getting it to run on the now old consoles ie Xbox 1 an PS4.
Just saying
Number32anChips: I seem to recall didn't they say the extra work at the end was for getting it to run on the now old consoles ie Xbox 1 an PS4.
Just saying
The god damn CEO...
https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-runs-surprisingly-well-on-current-gen-consoles-according-to-cd-projekts-ceo/

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/shareholders/
Post edited December 21, 2020 by user deleted
Zanderat: Let's see if I got this right. They very same investors who pressured them to rush development to get the game out before Xmas are now suing them because it is buggy and not selling as well as anticipated because it was released too soon?
Excuse me but what evidence do you have of investors pressuring CDPR into a premature release?

It was CDPR who decided exactly whether to or how much to delay the release, and it was CDPR who lied to investors on call and said it's all fine and good and runs surprisingly well and they just need to do some final tweaking.. go read it, it's not a secret: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/10/trancript_en.pdf
Post edited December 21, 2020 by clarry
Based on history and other such "lawsuits" against developers based on false advertisements (deception to make profit) they all have been shut down by judges.

It remains to see what a judge in Poland says because it's difficult to prove.
clarry: It was CDPR who decided exactly whether to or how much to delay the release, and it was CDPR who lied to investors on call and said it's all fine and good and runs surprisingly well and they just need to do some final tweaking.. go read it, it's not a secret: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/10/trancript_en.pdf
I agree it's lack of evidences, but those transcript usually only shows one part of the whole story. We don't know if there have been meetings behind closed doors.
Post edited December 21, 2020 by sanscript
Either it's not the same investors or they didn't pressure them to release it before Christmas. That hasn't been confirmed anywhere to my knowledge.
Let's not forget about the cry babies who threw a tantrum and refunded their copies each time the game was delayed.
Lawsuit or no, there's blood in the water now, and there's going to have to be heads rolling at management level to placate investors. Shares are in freefall and if they drop too low a predator like EA could very well start vacuuming them up with a view to a hostile move, because you bet they'd like to get their hooks into IP like The Witcher, or roll GOG into Origin.

Personally I'd like to see an employee buyout. If the creatives and actual development staff had the casting vote on whether to release or not, this disaster would have been avoided. A bunch of screaming fanboys noisily soiling their diapers over another delay is nothing compared to the reputational damage the mismanagement of CP2077 has caused. It's going to take a No Man's Sky-level repair job to get that consumer and investor goodwill back.
Pretty much. Same investors that wanted less sexual content and nudity, as well.
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
Big Call - I don't think they're done for - but I wouldn't be surprised to be a big shakeup in the coming 6 months.

Mistakes were clearly made at high levels.
It's amazing companies never learn their lessons. Make it a next-gen and PC only game and it would have made less in the short term, but they would have sold a copy with every single console people bought and their reputation would be sky high. Instead they burned down the company to make a quick Christmas return.

And companies do this over and over and over again, despite these lessons being dealt out all the time.