It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Found this while trying to launch the game (I can't even get the exe to start). Any ideas?
Compatibility fix applied to E:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe.
Fix information: HighDpiAware, {6dd6dd04-87ff-476c-8e61-bf646be13e6f}, 0x20102
yochenhsieh: Sorry if this might be obvious for you, but I cannot get fps counter show in win7.
I've tried Steam Overlay, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision XI, Rivatunner Statistics Server, none of them works. Any help would be much appreciated... Thank you.
Try MangoHUD. I checked the Github page and it looks like some people have gotten it to work on some Windows games. I doubt the precompiled binaries will "just work" for you though, you'll probably have to recompile for Windows.

You should probably try the other options first.

https://github.com/flightlessmango/MangoHud
I'm on W7 Ultimate and can't get past the mirror of doom. Hopefully they get it fixed soon...I'd open a support ticket but I rather get the impression that it'd be like pissing into a boiling ocean right now...
NovusBogus: I'm on W7 Ultimate and can't get past the mirror of doom. Hopefully they get it fixed soon...I'd open a support ticket but I rather get the impression that it'd be like pissing into a boiling ocean right now...
mirror of doom, no real help but i can tell you what i have done, am now up to act 2 but still getting random crashes

one keep trying, took me about 2 hours of "playtime" that is restarting over and over again to actually play some of those got past the mirror and seeing if it would crash till i meet jackie then restarting with other lifechoice.
two, set up the cyberpunk2077.exe to run in win 7 compatability mode and adminstrator.
three, all graphics options on low
four, the start lifechoice i had the "most" success with getting past the mirror was street kid.

also because im a moron do it in this order 2, 3, 4, 1 also if changeing graphic options causes your game to crash as character creation screen or even at booting with nvidia driver crash go into c:/users/*COMPUTERNAME*/AppData/Local/CD Progekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077 and delete usersettings.json to revert you graphic back to defualt so you can run the game again.

these are some of the things i think have worked for me, unfortunaly its a crapshoot at the moment. but i might of just got lucky, at the end of act 1 theres another forced mirror part, crashed there as well, but there are two options there one it to wash face the other to punch mirror, after crashing with both options, i found that my second attempt at punching mirror got me past it.
MrGlasses: I have a feeling that this will take a while for CP77 to update since they need to update the .dll files with Microsoft permission and all that.

Quick tip for ya'll. Play everything on low except maybe shadows and contact shadows and facial lighting.
Remember to take 1 second pause when opening menus like inventory and all that. You'll crash much less.
The DX11 to DX12 files do not have copyright in the .DLL...I think the main problem is we do not have the option to turn on Full Screen or turn off AA under Windows 7
Whereaminow25: Okay, updated Nvidia graphics to the best possible on WIn7, and Woosh 20 minutes of smooth play. I will try the hour long attempt at playthrough to see it if crashes, but so far it is alright. It actually starts now.
What version?
NovusBogus: I'm on W7 Ultimate and can't get past the mirror of doom. Hopefully they get it fixed soon...I'd open a support ticket but I rather get the impression that it'd be like pissing into a boiling ocean right now...
Setting the max FPS to 20 helped me getting through the different mirror-crash scenes. Worked even with mirror-quality set to high (testet out of curiosity).
Besides these few scenes the game runs quite stable and very playable with medium to low settings and max FPS capped to 40 on a GTX 1060 6GB(driver version 460.79).
I just tried 1.0.5. It still crashes. No error message, it just creates a file and instantly deletes it. I've submitted two tickets to CDPR about it (one for 1.0.3, one for 1.0.5) and I didn't get an email confirmation so I don't think either actually went through.

Did CDPR just redirect their defect reports to /dev/null? Is their inbox so full that it won't accept any more defect reports? Or is their web design team so incompetent that they can't even code a working web form?
For fun, you could turn all settings all the way down and then work your way up. :)
Ragmand: I just tried 1.0.5. It still crashes. No error message, it just creates a file and instantly deletes it.
I have same exact issue. Something tells me that this game was intended to move more users towards win10.

I will wait little longer, then I will seek a refund.
I'm sad about it a lot! but it is as it is.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by novumZ
novumZ: I have same exact issue. Something tells me that this game was intended to move more users towards win10.
I don't think that the game being non-functional is an intentional move on CDPR's part to force users to Windows 10. They could have just said they're not supporting it. This honestly just looks like typical games industry technical incompetence.

Game companies have a few major reasons for being terrible at actually making a working, bug-free game Here are a few.

1) Their programmers tend to be low-skilled. Good people cost money, and even if they didn't, good people are hard to keep around in the games industry because the executives aren't shy about making salaried workers work overtime and not paying them extra.

2) Many of their programmers are actually game designers that have been taught how to use a scripting language. There's a big difference between someone who can read the code like a computer would and someone who's taken a class or two on a particular language.

3) Hiring managers at tech companies are infamous for incompetence. You don't have to go far in the software industry to find someone mad at being rejected for not having 5 years of experience in a technology that's only 3 years old. The stereotype of a hiring manager is someone with weak or nonexistent technical skills who hires technically incompetent people who interview well and rejects the actual nerds who have weak people skills but very strong technical skills, and the stereotype is well deserved.

4) Beginner programmers are often giving scripting languages to play with because static languages like C++ or Java won't even run a program if it contains certain fundamental errors in design or implementation. Dynamic languages will start, but all errors are runtime errors and runtime errors are taken less seriously than compilation errors. It "works", in the sense that it creates a program that will start, even if it's unbelievably buggy and often crashes.

5) The tools themselves are often flawed. For a mature compiler like g++, most of the bugs are related to newer language features or really specific combinations of features. For a game engine, important bugs are constantly being discovered and squashed, because so much has to be redone so often that by the time the tool is mature enough to be largely bug-free it's so outdated as to be irrelevant. Example: Godot engine, like many other engines, contains a bunch of premade asset templates to be defined and glued together with a scripting language. You have to deal with the limitations of GDScript, the flaws in the implementation of GDScript, the flaws and quirks in the asset templates, and the flaws and quirks of the engine itself. Now you're still not done, because quirks, bugs, and flaws exist within the host operating system and you have to check those out too and provide mitigation if you can. For example, Windows is infamous for having a strange and buggy API that Microsoft has to keep bug-compatible with older versions. Linux Mint 20 has some issue in the graphics stack (probably inherited from Ubuntu 20.04) where removing a heavy GPU load will lock the system so hard that the only functional button is the power button.

6) The people hired by the HR people from 3), the newbies from 1), and the game designers with weak to moderate scripting skills from 2) and 4) do not have the skillset to quickly and accurately identify the problems arising from 5) and quickly and effectively create a workaround or fix. Large companies will probably have someone who can solve the problem(/s), if only by accident. Small companies just die.

Don't attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence. There's more than enough incompetence to go around in the software industry. I wish I could claim to have never contributed to that incompetence, but nobody is 100% blameless and eventually we all write a piece of code we wish we'd spent a little more time considering. We all also eventually write a piece of code that's so messed up that even with comments, we have no idea what we were trying to accomplish or how the statements we typed are supposed to accomplish our goal.
DoomSooth: For fun, you could turn all settings all the way down and then work your way up. :)
That would be troubleshooting users are not capable of troubleshooting.
wayke: That would be troubleshooting users are not capable of troubleshooting.
They can start learning. It beats the hell out of "I'll just format my hard drive and reinstall Windows to see if that fixes it." Even if that worked, it doesn't teach anyone anything. Something like that should be the last thing you do, not the first.
wayke: That would be troubleshooting users are not capable of troubleshooting.
DoomSooth: They can start learning. It beats the hell out of "I'll just format my hard drive and reinstall Windows to see if that fixes it." Even if that worked, it doesn't teach anyone anything. Something like that should be the last thing you do, not the first.
That bothered me so much when an issue happened and Techs would reinstall windows on a bunch of machines just to make their day ever so predictable, claiming they fixed the problem only for it to repeat again because of a driver.
Ragmand: I just tried 1.0.5. It still crashes. No error message, it just creates a file and instantly deletes it.
novumZ: I have same exact issue. Something tells me that this game was intended to move more users towards win10.

https://ameliorated.info/

Try this version of windows 10
Post edited December 26, 2020 by wayke
Ragmand: I don't think that the game being non-functional is an intentional move on CDPR's part to force users to Windows 10. They could have just said they're not supporting it. This honestly just looks like typical games industry technical incompetence.

Game companies have a few major reasons for being terrible at actually making a working, bug-free game Here are a few.

1) Their programmers tend to be low-skilled. Good people cost money, and even if they didn't, good people are hard to keep around in the games industry because the executives aren't shy about making salaried workers work overtime and not paying them extra.

2) Many of their programmers are actually game designers that have been taught how to use a scripting language. There's a big difference between someone who can read the code like a computer would and someone who's taken a class or two on a particular language.

3) Hiring managers at tech companies are infamous for incompetence. You don't have to go far in the software industry to find someone mad at being rejected for not having 5 years of experience in a technology that's only 3 years old. The stereotype of a hiring manager is someone with weak or nonexistent technical skills who hires technically incompetent people who interview well and rejects the actual nerds who have weak people skills but very strong technical skills, and the stereotype is well deserved.

4) Beginner programmers are often giving scripting languages to play with because static languages like C++ or Java won't even run a program if it contains certain fundamental errors in design or implementation. Dynamic languages will start, but all errors are runtime errors and runtime errors are taken less seriously than compilation errors. It "works", in the sense that it creates a program that will start, even if it's unbelievably buggy and often crashes.

5) The tools themselves are often flawed. For a mature compiler like g++, most of the bugs are related to newer language features or really specific combinations of features. For a game engine, important bugs are constantly being discovered and squashed, because so much has to be redone so often that by the time the tool is mature enough to be largely bug-free it's so outdated as to be irrelevant. Example: Godot engine, like many other engines, contains a bunch of premade asset templates to be defined and glued together with a scripting language. You have to deal with the limitations of GDScript, the flaws in the implementation of GDScript, the flaws and quirks in the asset templates, and the flaws and quirks of the engine itself. Now you're still not done, because quirks, bugs, and flaws exist within the host operating system and you have to check those out too and provide mitigation if you can. For example, Windows is infamous for having a strange and buggy API that Microsoft has to keep bug-compatible with older versions. Linux Mint 20 has some issue in the graphics stack (probably inherited from Ubuntu 20.04) where removing a heavy GPU load will lock the system so hard that the only functional button is the power button.

6) The people hired by the HR people from 3), the newbies from 1), and the game designers with weak to moderate scripting skills from 2) and 4) do not have the skillset to quickly and accurately identify the problems arising from 5) and quickly and effectively create a workaround or fix. Large companies will probably have someone who can solve the problem(/s), if only by accident. Small companies just die.

Don't attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence. There's more than enough incompetence to go around in the software industry. I wish I could claim to have never contributed to that incompetence, but nobody is 100% blameless and eventually we all write a piece of code we wish we'd spent a little more time considering. We all also eventually write a piece of code that's so messed up that even with comments, we have no idea what we were trying to accomplish or how the statements we typed are supposed to accomplish our goal.
Thank you so much for making me understand, I'm humbled by your genuine reply.

DoomSooth: They can start learning. It beats the hell out of "I'll just format my hard drive and reinstall Windows to see if that fixes it." Even if that worked, it doesn't teach anyone anything. Something like that should be the last thing you do, not the first.
wayke: That bothered me so much when an issue happened and Techs would reinstall windows on a bunch of machines just to make their day ever so predictable, claiming they fixed the problem only for it to repeat again because of a driver.

wayke: https://ameliorated.info/

Try this version of windows 10
Thank you for trying to help but at this point thanks to greedy/unethical micro$oft; I even find "10" repulsive :\
Post edited December 26, 2020 by novumZ