It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a feeling that this will take a while for CP77 to update since they need to update the .dll files with Microsoft permission and all that.

Quick tip for ya'll. Play everything on low except maybe shadows and contact shadows and facial lighting.
Remember to take 1 second pause when opening menus like inventory and all that. You'll crash much less.
So I'm running an AVX certified processor and was STILL getting the crash a lot of people talked about (when taking off the badge in the nomad start). This was after character creation and looking in the mirror went smoothly.

I right clicked on desktop shortcut and explicitly told it to run in compatibility mode for Win 7.

I also made sure to check the box to run it in admin mode to. No crash! I was able to take off the patch, walk around, start the car etc.

Haven't put too much time in but at least I'm not getting the Nvidia driver crash as soon as the patch was taken off!

Obviously your mileage may vary with this is you're running a NON-AVX processor on Win 7. But if you're like me, it might help!
Ixamyakxim: So I'm running an AVX certified processor and was STILL getting the crash a lot of people talked about (when taking off the badge in the nomad start). This was after character creation and looking in the mirror went smoothly.

I right clicked on desktop shortcut and explicitly told it to run in compatibility mode for Win 7.

I also made sure to check the box to run it in admin mode to. No crash! I was able to take off the patch, walk around, start the car etc.

Haven't put too much time in but at least I'm not getting the Nvidia driver crash as soon as the patch was taken off!

Obviously your mileage may vary with this is you're running a NON-AVX processor on Win 7. But if you're like me, it might help!
Man! Thank you! I did the shortcut, set compatibility to win7 (and I have win7 already) and run as admin, and after vomiting (corpo) I can play finally!
My CPU is old i7 930 ;)
Ixamyakxim: So I'm running an AVX certified processor and was STILL getting the crash a lot of people talked about (when taking off the badge in the nomad start). This was after character creation and looking in the mirror went smoothly.

Estoroth: Man! Thank you! I did the shortcut, set compatibility to win7 (and I have win7 already) and run as admin, and after vomiting (corpo) I can play finally!
My CPU is old i7 930 ;)
Woohoo awesome! I'm having more fun trying to spread the word on this when I *could* be playing LOL.

This actually worked of me! I've been fighting to get this game running since the late Wednesday with no success. But this finally got me into the game. I still have crashed after about an hour or so of playing, but I can at least get some game-play in.
Ixamyakxim: Woohoo awesome! I'm having more fun trying to spread the word on this when I *could* be playing LOL.
Ye, it seems they tested this against Win7 not Win7 SP1 ? :P
Too bad without Galaxy I will not earn achievments, but if the fix is so easy - then I expect it will be patched soon.
The Windows 7 compatibility really helps with the mirror crashing. It still crashes for me when the mirror quality setting is set to high, but on low It seems to work now.

edit:nvm
Post edited December 13, 2020 by russellskanne
Here is my experience so far, I never was able to start the game past intro cutscene
Attachments:
wzpuiae.png (68 Kb)
Post edited December 13, 2020 by Zekai
dont know luck or what but the compatibility mode seems to be helping me, however i think the crashing is coming from mirrors and running water? theres a part later on when in front of a mirror, but instead of just gawping at yourself the character also starts washing hands and whatnot, caused a crash. i was fine with walking and driving throught city as it was raining though. just adding to the thread so on the off chance a mod is bring forward error complaints to the devs it might help, but they seem to have a pile as high as cheech and chong to go through with error reports since launch.

*just a quick edit for people also stuck on this part (because its a story part) if you punch the mirror instead of washing hands (two option dialog choices) i managed to get past that part, but it took 3 crashes to do, so again luck sorry if no help.
Post edited December 13, 2020 by NoobyMcNoobnoob
Whereaminow25: How did you guys even get it to run. I Opened Location to app in folder, and tried that instead of short cut, Crash report loads into the folder then deletes it self automatically, No pop ups, no errors, no nothing, and game never starts or anything either.
Same issue, second day trying to get it to run on win7 :(
Ragmand: Running? No. Game immediately crashes. It makes a file in the binary's folder, then immediately exits and deletes the file. It crashes so quickly that I had to try several times with Task Manager just to see that it was, in fact, starting.

I tried updating the graphics drivers from the November release to the December one, but due to an unrelated issue (TL;DR MSI lied about compatibility), this totally fucked my Windows install and I've been trying for almost 6 hours to recover it. I have a backup but it's from before I upgraded my graphics card and I'm not sure I'll be lucky enough to install the drivers again - Plus I don't want to roll back any of my game saves.

Anyways, I've given up for the night. I've booted into my main Linux partition and I'm trying out WINE and Proton to see if either will behave. I've heard Proton does well on the Steam version of Cyberpunk 2077, but I don't know if using it on the GOG version will work.

System:
Windows 7 Pro SP1 (unpatched for speed)
Ryzen 3700X
MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max (using modded canonkong drivers to improve stability and add USB support)
ASRock Taichi 5700 XT
16GB RAM (4x4GB @ 2133 MHz)
Mechanical HDD
Sounds Familiar, I'm getting fed up with wasting my time, cdpr release proper windows 7 version please.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by novumZ
novumZ: Sounds Familiar, I'm getting fed up with wasting my time, cdpr release proper windows 7 version!
I figured I should give a an update. My Windows install is still broken. The disk eventually started throwing SMART errors (no surprises, that drive is about eight years old), so I ordered a replacement and tried Linux.

After a few days of attempts, I was able to get CP2077 sort-of running on Linux. It starts, but it crashes a lot. It is guaranteed to crash when you go to the elevator in the Corpo FemV start, and when it crashes here it's guaranteed to lock up Cinnamon (my desktop environment) so badly that your only hope of turning it off without the power button is to Control+Alt+Backspace to restart Cinnamon. I haven't tried any of the other starts, because I want to play as a a Corpo. All of the lighting effects I've found so far cycle between dim and bright at a constant ~1-3Hz (speed changes depending on graphics settings and unknown variables), which is really annoying given the copious bloom the game has.

If you want to try your luck, my setup for the Linux partition is Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon edition. /home is on a separate partition. You need to add the official Lutris PPA and use the community install script for Cyberpunk 2077. I was unsuccessful at starting CP2077 through PlayOnLinux or manually with Wine, Proton, Steam's "add a third party game" feature, or patched versions of Wine or Proton. You may or may not need to install the Oibaf PPA for an updated graphics stack, I had installed it before because I was told it was necessary to run CP2077 through Proton via Steam but I don't know if it's necessary for the Lutris install method. If you've never used Linux and are ready to try running Cyberpunk on it, note that Ubuntu 20.04 and Linux Mint 20 are basically the same OS and instructions for one almost always work on the other.

Note: Mint 20 seems to have an issue where the system can lock up so badly that Control-Alt-Backspace doesn't work, switching to a tty (Control-Alt-F1-F6, F7 brings you back to GUI) doesn't work, and even Magic SysRq (hold left Alt and Sysrq/PrintScreen, then type REISUB [Reboot Even If System Utterly Broken/Raising Elephants Is So Utterly Boring/Busier backwards] one key every few seconds) doesn't work. For me it mostly happens when you load the GPU heavily, then unload it, switch away from/exit from a fullscreen application, or change the screen resolution, but other users with this problem seem to have different causes and sometimes even slightly different symptoms and side effects. The monitor will still display while it's locked up. I don't know if leaving it locked up like this is bad for your hardware, but I suggest holding POWER if you can't Control-Alt-Backspace or Magic SysRq. The problem acts like a thermal issue in that you're more likely to lock up again on boot or login if you turn the PC back on immediately and very unlikely if you give it a few minutes, but all the temperature sensors show normal values, both in BIOS and in the OS, plus this problem seems to only happen in Mint 20 and not Mint 18 or Windows.
Post edited December 15, 2020 by Ragmand
Sorry if this might be obvious for you, but I cannot get fps counter show in win7.
I've tried Steam Overlay, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision XI, Rivatunner Statistics Server, none of them works. Any help would be much appreciated... Thank you.
yochenhsieh: Sorry if this might be obvious for you, but I cannot get fps counter show in win7.
I've tried Steam Overlay, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision XI, Rivatunner Statistics Server, none of them works. Any help would be much appreciated... Thank you.
First try Fraps, old but still useful time to time if it doesn't work, you may try Reshade. It has a fps counter in "settings" disabled by default.
Ixamyakxim: Woohoo awesome! I'm having more fun trying to spread the word on this when I *could* be playing LOL.
Estoroth: Ye, it seems they tested this against Win7 not Win7 SP1 ? :P
Too bad without Galaxy I will not earn achievments, but if the fix is so easy - then I expect it will be patched soon.
You would be had pressed to run anything in W7 without SP1. Most W7 distros include SP1.
yochenhsieh: Sorry if this might be obvious for you, but I cannot get fps counter show in win7.
jethrotuller: First try Fraps, old but still useful time to time if it doesn't work, you may try Reshade. It has a fps counter in "settings" disabled by default.
Tried Fraps and Reshade. Both of them don't work for me. But still thank you for these suggestions.