It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't upgrade to 10 yet.
Baldur's Gate III won't run on my machine so maybe I can't buy another $60 game I can't play.
kingram666: I can't upgrade to 10 yet.
Baldur's Gate III won't run on my machine so maybe I can't buy another $60 game I can't play.
I am, had to fresh start drivers and launch game through GOG galaxy for it to work.
I can't get past character creation. It always causes the video driver to crash and then the game.
Yeah. It crashes consistently at a literal doorway, so it's literally unplayable unless I want to chill in a hallway or an elevator.

Disabling the tutorials got me past character creation, but it's obvious some pop-up message crashes my system. They have about a dozen crash reports from me, so hopefully it'll get fixed.

I'm on the newest NVidia driver, so I can't tell you if that's a game changer.

I just hope Galaxy can actually patch it, because it failed to patch the preload and forced me to redownload the entire game.
win7x64 here..
wasnt able to play until update win7 with latest updates, latest nvidia drivers, and repair game.
but after prologue i have again error

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

My error but im on win7.
low rated
kingram666: I can't upgrade to 10 yet.
FREE DOWNLOAD CYBERPUNK 2077
Why pay when you can play for free
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbGPampDLIw
Strikeferret: Yeah. It crashes consistently at a literal doorway, so it's literally unplayable unless I want to chill in a hallway or an elevator.

Disabling the tutorials got me past character creation, but it's obvious some pop-up message crashes my system. They have about a dozen crash reports from me, so hopefully it'll get fixed.

I just hope Galaxy can actually patch it, because it failed to patch the preload and forced me to redownload the entire game.
having similar problem with nvidia driver crash constantly, after character creation, and on nomad start as soon as you press f to take off badge and look at it the driver shits itself. did the clean reinstall with the DDU utlitly that was linked in the support section of the gog launcher for this game and newest drivers, through safe mode, also deleted the userconfig so it would be fresh, and same problem again with same nvidia driver error. someone said they fixed it with setting v-sync to 60 on gamefaqs (didnt work) others disable the gog overlay (didnt work) also of course the reg clean and reinstall of the drivers (didnt work again).
also game defaulted to high for my GTX 1070 (win7) but dropped it down to all low on second attempt after all the reinstalls with no difference
mainly whinging here for notice of the problem as well as if anyone has any other things to try?
Strikeferret: Yeah. It crashes consistently at a literal doorway, so it's literally unplayable unless I want to chill in a hallway or an elevator.

NoobyMcNoobnoob: having similar problem with nvidia driver crash constantly, after character creation, and on nomad start as soon as you press f to take off badge and look at it the driver shits itself. did the clean reinstall with the DDU utlitly that was linked in the support section of the gog launcher for this game and newest drivers, through safe mode, also deleted the userconfig so it would be fresh, and same problem again with same nvidia driver error. someone said they fixed it with setting v-sync to 60 on gamefaqs (didnt work) others disable the gog overlay (didnt work) also of course the reg clean and reinstall of the drivers (didnt work again).
also game defaulted to high for my GTX 1070 (win7) but dropped it down to all low on second attempt after all the reinstalls with no difference
mainly whinging here for notice of the problem as well as if anyone has any other things to try?
I have exactly same problem. Drivers keep shitting itself and I have to restart every 30mins or 1hrs of playing. It happens more often if I do stuff quickly like pressing inventory and then quickly looking around and clicking something.
Have been able to run both Baldur's Gate 3, and Cyberpunk 2077 ... but not initially.

For Cyberpunk, it looked like it would run 'out of the box' -- but immediately crashed after character creation.
Went into settings, and have dropped all Graphics settings to minimum, and for Video have set maximum frame rate to just 30FPS.

For Baldur's Gate, changed permissions on the DX11 executable (to Windows 7 compatable; run as administrator), and hold the shift key down when starting the game (up to seeing the first credits) ... as holding shift apparently means "really run as Administrator"

Set up:
O/S: Windows 7 professional
CPU: i7-2600 (11y.o. CPU)
GFX: GTX970
RAM: 8GB
thanks for the tip raymond_dnd, unfortunately still crashes as soon as the character pulls off the badge to look at it. always the nvidia kernal driver in the bottom left hand of the screen after the game closes. and the redengine stacktrace.txt ( users/*NAME*/AppData/Local/Redengine/ReportQueue/ *crashreportnumber*) for all of the crashes is this

on all attempts.
now im not up on my computere-ies but im guessing some sort of fuckup with the direct x 12 files? i would say its possible windows 7 dx12 needs patching but the other thread here gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/cyberpunk_has_flatlined_error_on_start had a few windows 10 victims to go along with it.
so im stumped atm

# also every time i reboot the gog program after trying or restarting my computer, i found that doing a verify installation always downloads a 29MB afterwards, so i dont know if something is being constantly deleted every time the game shits itself or not.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by NoobyMcNoobnoob
For the sake of troubleshooting, could the people with the crash after pulling off the patch try turning off their tutorials in the main menu? It helped me on the corpo path, and I think there's a bug in popup notifications like tutorials.
Worked on Win7 only with this drivers www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-10-1 (for AMD radeon)
Any other versions - crash..
Have similliar problem here...
NVidia drivers Updated.
Specs:
- Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
- GTX 1080
- i7 4790K
- 16GB RAM

Everything is perfect until I get to Intro (street kid) on highest settings I was able to even see bit of cutscene with some total low fps. Now when i changed it to medium/low I get to see hands of my char and its insta freeze and CTD with msg CP77 has flatlined or whatever the word was...

Tried to run it from .exe without GOG Galaxy, discord steam etc. everything off. Still same thing.
Found the txt in game files:

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3214677 P4CL: 4155897 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 40
welp its 240 am here and im giving up for the day, tried most of the stuff i could find, with no love, still getting nivida driver crash and

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp

every time i verify the install its always a 29 mb even doing it one after the other, virus scanner on and off, clean install of latest nvidia drivers, all option on low including scaling and HDD speed, the only other thing of note is that even without pressing f to pull off the badge from the shirt, if i move around the camera to have a look around before doing the action the nvidia drivers will clonk out as well, got frustrated and played some killing floor 2 for a bit without troubles or crashes, so im stumped and calling it a night, good luck all.