It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I think everyone should get the chance to decide for themselves if they want to have lights blasted at their retinas at very high frequencies or not. Hence the proposal of implementing a corresponding toggle under gameplay options, instead of removing the effect just like that.
Me, personally, I can definitely take it, after years of watching certain movies which feature extended sequences of nothing but strobing/flickering lights.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Swedrami
a2055: Guys, please report the creator of this thread, he's been spamming this topic across three separate threads on both General Forums and in this sub forum apparently, it's all one troll. ty
lace_gardenia: almost like it's a rather important thing that you can get a seizure when playing a game

more important than the quality of the game otherwise even
It's also something that's fixable, but only if people (the devs in particular) actually know about this issue.

It's also the sort of thing that, if you know about it going in, you can prepare for this, and weigh whether the game is worse being exposed to such lights. (Also, I note that the player knows more about how flashing lights affect them than the developer does, so having the player be informed will help them make an informed decision about whether to play the game, and in what environment.)
a2055: Guys, please report the creator of this thread, he's been spamming this topic across three separate threads on both General Forums and in this sub forum apparently, it's all one troll. ty
lace_gardenia: almost like it's a rather important thing that you can get a seizure when playing a game

Almost like some people want to sabotage this game's release*
...people with very similar PFPs too.
dtgreene, that you? XD XD "dtgreene" "gardenia" Hmmm I think another report is in order.
Guys, help me get these two (one?) troll off the forum, it is against forum rules to spam topics; justifying spam as gardenia is doing is admission of guilt.
That's a bad thing to wait till launch day to tell us. The devs should've given us a heads up months earlier. Many other games have seizure warning front and center, so it's not a new thing to watch out for. They should've known it and worked on it long ago.
keviny01: That's a bad thing to wait till launch day to tell us. The devs should've given us a heads up months earlier. Many other games have seizure warning front and center, so it's not a new thing to watch out for. They should've known it and worked on it long ago.
Hint: If they did not know about it, ... and they built the damn game... PROBABLY...MOST LIKELY....IT DOESNT F-ING EXIST.

Imagine taking news at face value in 2020. Imagine being that silly. Imagine.
keviny01: That's a bad thing to wait till launch day to tell us. The devs should've given us a heads up months earlier. Many other games have seizure warning front and center, so it's not a new thing to watch out for. They should've known it and worked on it long ago.
a2055: Hint: If they did not know about it, ... and they built the damn game... PROBABLY...MOST LIKELY....IT DOESNT F-ING EXIST.

The devs have tweeted and acknowledged it, so it's no fake. We all want the game to succeed, but we also don't want players to get injured either. Please use the right attitude instead of denying things you disagree with with dumb, sweeping, negative, over-the-top statements.
keviny01: The devs have tweeted and acknowledged it, so it's no fake.
Acknowledged what exactly. That CyberPunk is CIA grade psych warfare designed to paralyze its users into a stupor?

Acknowledged that CyberPunk was designed from the ground up to make sure every epileptic person has a seizure?

I am going to go out on a limb, and say that no, they have never acknowledged either of the statements and that you are making things up.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by a2055
keviny01: The devs have tweeted and acknowledged it, so it's no fake.
a2055: Acknowledged what exactly. That CyberPunk is CIA grade psych warfare designed to paralyze its users into a stupor?

Acknowledged that CyberPunk was designed from the ground up to make sure every epileptic person has a seizure?

I am going to go out on a limb, and say that no, they have never acknowledged either of the statements and that you are making things up.
Maybe I should draw you a picture, because you clearly can't understand English. The dev tweeted they would update the seizure warning and also implement a more permanent solution. Maybe this thread should have a warning too: simpleton runs amok denying seizure-inducing content in the game which the devs themselves acknowledged.
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
Strobing in RE2make was really bad, because I guess the graphic designers decided a flash from an MP5 creates bright white light off all surfaces simultaneously, I guess? It was nearly impossible to tone down without like 12 graphics mods.

Hoping something like that isn't the case here. It was ludicrously distracting. I'm not epileptic, but it will give me a raging headache and it's distracting. Any strobing to me is just lazy. It looks cheap.

a2055: Almost like some people want to sabotage this game's release*
dtgreene, that you? XD XD "dtgreene" "gardenia" Hmmm I think another report is in order.
Guys, help me get these two (one?) troll off the forum, it is against forum rules to spam topics; justifying spam as gardenia is doing is admission of guilt.
Probably not the same people That color scheme is just commonly used by a group of people who take offense very easily and love making a big fuss about things for attention.
a2055: Almost like some people want to sabotage this game's release*
ToveriJuri: Probably not the same people That color scheme is just commonly used by a group of people who take offense very easily and love making a big fuss about things for attention.
gamers?
a2055: Hint: If they did not know about it, ... and they built the damn game... PROBABLY...MOST LIKELY....IT DOESNT F-ING EXIST.

Scene in question exists and photosensitivity exist, someone having a seizure cause of it doesn't seem all that far fetched.