It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have been waiting to play this until they fixed it. Is it ok to play or should I wait?
Thanks
Post edited December 20, 2021 by smuggly
smuggly: I have been waiting to play this until they fixed it. Is it ok to play or should I wait?
Thanks
I've reinstalled after playing day one and finishing the game once.
and I can't say what's new but I cant tell some old bugs still exist.
smuggly: I have been waiting to play this until they fixed it. Is it ok to play or should I wait?
Thanks
echanay: I've reinstalled after playing day one and finishing the game once.
and I can't say what's new but I cant tell some old bugs still exist.
Thanks. I hope it gets there.
Thanks
Played and enjoyed it shortly after release without issue. Just started a new game, can't spot anything different except now it's crashing at least once an hour.
Major, game breaking bugs have been fixed. Two inconsequential DLCs are released. The game is the same as on day 1, but it's less buggy.

They plan to release patch 1.5 when the next gen update is out next year so perhaps wait until then? (Patch 1.5 is possibly going to be a big thing since they skip patch 1.4 and go to round numbers, so it could be speculated they are attempting a soft relaunch.)

The worst gameplay aspect has been ... well, not fixed. Made less horrible. The police system. The police won't spawn right next to you and won't spawn just anywhere like on the roofs. But it's still the same AI otherwise. The spawn radius is just larger now.

Also, the modding community has done a lot. There's for example a working metro system in the game now, thanks to modders.
It's definitely better now. It was always a great game and now that most of the major bugs are smoothed out, it's a really great experience. You could either play now and enjoy the added content and improvements that'll come with the next-gen upgrade and expansions OR you could just wait for the next-gen upgrade as frogthroat mentioned.

Either way, it's a phenomenal game and is a load of fun, especially since most of the major bugs are fixed.
From what I hear it's better. It kind of depends on you and how much time you have available. If you're going to replay it with the other routes or when the expansions release, then play now. Otherwise, wait for the update.
I bought it onsale before x-mas and played trough it over my x-mas vacation.
I went on media blackout for the game so all i knew that the launch was bodget hard n such.

Beside that, i had a very enjoyable ride in a cyberpunk story. I had one crash right in the last mission, none else trough my 110h's and the bugs ive encountered arent any different to what i still see in games like Witcher 3, GTAV, Farcry series, Assassins creed etc. so to me, its perfectly fine now.

It might not be what was promies, it might not be what overhyped witcher 3 fans made it up to be but... its definitely a good game thats just fact.
Wait for the 1.5 update. The game in its current state is more playable, but it's still a fundamentally broken and lacking game. It's really not good at all. 1.5 should at least fix a little bit of that problem, but I think CP77 is going to end up being a complete dud for CDPR.
When was the last update and when is the next one being released?
you can play it now, i had one crash trough my whole 110h of gameplay and the bugs i encountered wherent anything i havent seen already in games like witcher 3, gta etc. so... imho, dont wait but play now.

I deliberately finished it also as i intend to do another run once they release some dlc and a NG+ .

One exeption: if you dont like the story as presented, you probably wont like the game much.
The story itself is good, main as well as side plots but as with anything, if you dont like a type of food, even the best meal wont be enjoayble - and thats totally fine.
I'd like to play it again (3 times for Witcher 2 and 3), but the game is just not compelling enough. They desperately need a major DLC with added quest's or something. The repetitiveness just wont leave my memory as it does in games like Skyrim. Add some Vampire's (now that the masquerade is vaporware) or something.
I would wait until the next gen console patch is released. I guess there will be a lots(!) of fixes included and maybe they even include a bit more content to stir interest again, at least the last one would be a good PR move.
It seems they abandonned it, 5 months there is no patch, the game has been graphically downgraded since day one. Huge scam from my point of view.
Marketing bullshit and greedy developpers killed a good dream project.
It could have been an excellent PC game.
It's just a one shot game, you pray to see few bugs, finish it and wait few years they do stuff on it.
Day one I remember there were some visual bugs but the more they patched it, the less we could see NPC/Cars and the view distance is now riduculous, even in GTA V the cars don't disappear this fast. I don't understand what they have done to this game.
Post edited February 10, 2022 by Driltan
Thanks
WAIT! really just wait its still not even to the halfway of the first year of patches and content...

They supposedly have the next gen patch and a MASSIVE content patch promised to come before March 31st. they made a hard date promise to the investors. They really cant b,ow this off or ignore that statement.

That said a huge update to the steam testing pipe happened for them so who knows... but yes wait and don't play until the content patch comes, there is SO SO SO MUCH missing in the game, hopefully they patch some back in!