It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If anyone has used the offline backup game installers, do you know if the patches are cumulative, i.e. only the last patch needs to be used, or do ALL patches need to be downloaded and installed over the base game in the proper order?

This is not clear on the download page or I missed something. Thank you.
That depends on the version of offline installers you have downloaded. The latest version is always the one available, so if you would download the files now, you would not need any hotfixes or patches separately.

When the next update arrives, the main files are going to be updated and a hotfix/patch update from this version to the new version is also made available. So you can choose to download the main files again, or just a patch.

It's the same for all games.

edit: if you look at the attachment, you see the versions. Cyberpunk 2077 file list is long so I used a different game, but it's the same for all games so it doesn't matter.

The main files are always the latest version. Patches go all the way down to the first patch. So if you downloaded the game files on day 1, you can just download the patches now. But you need all the patches. If you download the files now, you only need the game files. If you downloaded some version in between, you need the patches above that version.
Attachments:
versions.jpg (139 Kb)
Post edited October 02, 2021 by frogthroat
frogthroat: Patches go all the way down to the first patch. So if you downloaded the game files on day 1, you can just download the patches now. But you need all the patches.
In the case of 2077 the newer patches provided appear to assume the user is on a newer base game version (eg: listing a range of say v1.23 to v1.3 patches).

So my understanding has been such patches wouldn't be able to update from an older version prior to the listed game version. I have assumed that one can never miss too many patches else newer patches would be incompatible and necessitate re-downloading all the base game files again (which is fine but undesirable from a bandwidth/time perspective).

I realize you're illustrating the point from a different game but given the OP's context about 2077 is my understanding incorrect and say a day 1 game version (v1.03 IIRC) could be updated using say the '1.22 to 1.23' + '1.23 to 1.3' + '1.3 to ...' series of patches? As that seems to be what the OP is wondering (not about the day one patch necessarily but if patches are missed whether the latest series of them can still be installed).
Post edited October 02, 2021 by Coreda
In most of the later titles, GOG typically do not store all versions of offline patches - the older ones get removed after a while, or certain versions are missed altogether because they are supposedly too large.

I've raised this with GOG previously and was told that this is how it is and how it's going to be, so one has to accept it if you are using offline versions.

The example provided relates to Gamedec where indeed the patches are complete for now - probably due to small size and recent release. On the other hand, Gamedec for whatever reasons does not have a Changelog option on its page, which would show the patch change notes for each version (i.e. what was changed). Weird.
Post edited October 04, 2021 by midrand
Coreda: is my understanding incorrect and say a day 1 game version (v1.03 IIRC) could be updated using say the '1.22 to 1.23' + '1.23 to 1.3' + '1.3 to ...' series of patches?
No, it seems they have removed the older patches for some reason. So currently you have to have at least version 1.22 installed. Then you can update hotfix 1.22 to 1.23. Then patch 1.23 to 1.3, then AVX update 1.3 to 1.3 AVX, and lastly hotfix 1.3 AVX to 1.31. They are not cumulative so you need to install all of the patches and hotfixes in order. But that is odd that the older hotfixes are gone now. I guess they assume no one has those older versions any longer.

Or you can download the main files as they are always the latest version.
midrand: I've raised this with GOG previously and was told that this is how it is and how it's going to be, so one has to accept it if you are using offline versions.
Ah, that explains it. Not very happy about it, but at least that is an explanation.

So currently v 1.22 can be updated with all the patches and hotfixes to 1.31 but if you happen to have 1.21 or older you have to download the full game files again, then.
Post edited October 04, 2021 by frogthroat
Thanks for replies! Appreciated. OK, no cumulative patch since it is a new(er) game, I'll deal with that.

BUT have a look at CP2077 patches, is there a typo? There are 10 of the Patch (1.23 to 1.3) and none of them are numbered in any order for install like the base game files, Part 1 of 10 etc...

If memory serves, 1.3 was a major patch and it shows. Perhaps the component patch files can be installed in any order?
Post edited October 06, 2021 by SYN_Bandy
SYN_Bandy: BUT have a look at CP2077 patches, is there a typo? There are 10 of the Patch (1.23 to 1.3) and none of them are numbered in any order for install like the base game files, Part 1 of 10 etc...
Check the URLs when hovering over them, it will show they're numbered even though it's not titled on the site like that. Offline installers for large (2-4GB+) patches have one EXE and one or more BIN files.
What is the file list for offline installers at the moment?