It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've just updated to 1.2 and also updated NVIDIA drivers for GX970 as recommended. When I enter the game, the screen dims to an unplayable level shortly after launch.

Any advice?
Update: Rolled back NVIDIA driver, uninstalled GeForce Experience - no notiecable effect.

It appears to be a lighting engine issue(?). I skipped back to the early scene with Evelyn briefing me on the heist in the small lounge in Lizzie's Bar. The lighting level depends on whether I've looked at the LIGHTING SOURCE recently or not. Turn toward the lit table, lighting increases, turn back to Evelyn, lighting decreases to 'watching a movie in theater' level.

Is there a graphics setting I can use to prevent this? I believe everything is set to Low/Off as I'm on an GTX970 which is toward the low end on the requirements side.

P.S. I have played over 200 hours without lighting incident on 1.0 - 1.1.
After every patch its good to default all settings to default so try that first.
zviz: After every patch its good to default all settings to default so try that first.
Thanks! That helped by virtue of the fact it set me into windowed mode. Going Full screen (which I prefer) or "Windowed Borderless" with the dimensions of the screen triggers the dimming.

Any other tips by you or bystanders appreciated!