It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Khelonos: Having globally published a refund policy to comply with the Australian ruling and law, they are almost certainly legally bound by that anywhere with a legitimate legal system.

So no, the shops couldn't just deny it.

Meanwhile, the OP didn't buy the game so obviously is not entitled to a refund. And asked for it outside of the published refund policy's time limit.
I'm not sure if we're talking past each other...

Well, maybe you've never noticed (or maybe you can't see it?), but the refund policies contain an extra section for EU citizens and their withdrawal rights for digital goods.

-> For more info: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

Their refund policies are only considered goodwill for EU citizens, but on a global scale a more general refund policy is easier to manage for a global store, plus it keeps the customers everywhere happy if they feel treated fairly.

Besides that we have a 2-years guarantee in the EU. On digital goods that only would be relevant if the downloaded files were corrupted, contained malware or the wrong product. In that case it's up to seller if they refund you immediately or if they want to try and give you a replacement (new download-link for the purchased product or something) first. Can happen. I actually have heard about something like that has happened on Steam in the past, but it's probably rarely the case.

That, plus their section about denying refunds in case of suspected abuse (Steam) or individual cases (GOG), gives them basically the right to say no if your reason is "I changed my mind".

If an individual EU member has supplying consumer rights to the EU directive their citizens could try to challenge that in court, but I actually don't know if any member has...

Meanwhile, the OP didn't buy the game so obviously is not entitled to a refund. And asked for it outside of the published refund policy's time limit.
True, these terms apply no matter what we're talking about :)

I also don't want to fight. Just felt like filling in some extra detes about our current consumer rights. There is a new directive in the works, but I have no clue if that will change anything...
Bought the game in x-kom (retail shop) and got it here... The game barely works and is in alfa/beta state...

By the time it will be playable to a level of immersion, it will cost less than 50% of the price (currently you can get CP ~100PLN)... I bought it for 180 coz I got promotion code for my birthday in x-kom...

BUT BOY do I feel scammed... I can't do anything now. This is pathetic. I am NEVER buying anything from CDP ever again on release day.

I have 40 hours in game from which 20 hours where spent mostly fighing the trash tier optimization of the game... I am so goddamn disappointed :/
Khelonos: Meanwhile, the OP didn't buy the game so obviously is not entitled to a refund. And asked for it outside of the published refund policy's time limit.
I don't want to have this discussion going on much longer, because I feel most things have been said and interesting points have been made either way.

But I found this - repeated idea, not just by the poster I quoted - quite striking.

Have you never exchanged or refunded a christmas or birthday gift that didn't work as expected? Where does this notion come from that a 60EUR value (that's a decent amount of money) is forever forfeit just because someone else gave it to you voluntarily?
Khelonos: Meanwhile, the OP didn't buy the game so obviously is not entitled to a refund. And asked for it outside of the published refund policy's time limit.
RSColonel_131st: I don't want to have this discussion going on much longer, because I feel most things have been said and interesting points have been made either way.

But I found this - repeated idea, not just by the poster I quoted - quite striking.

Have you never exchanged or refunded a christmas or birthday gift that didn't work as expected? Where does this notion come from that a 60EUR value (that's a decent amount of money) is forever forfeit just because someone else gave it to you voluntarily?
Those 60EUR didn’t come out of your pocket. Why do you persist in claiming that it should be ‘returned’ to you?
mbeemer: Those 60EUR didn’t come out of your pocket. Why do you persist in claiming that it should be ‘returned’ to you?
Again, if you are pursuing that logic, are you saying you wouldn't refund a broken physical birthday or Christmas present?
mbeemer: Those 60EUR didn’t come out of your pocket. Why do you persist in claiming that it should be ‘returned’ to you?
RSColonel_131st: Again, if you are pursuing that logic, are you saying you wouldn't refund a broken physical birthday or Christmas present?
For physical gifts, you can get a refund IF you have a receipt.

But, not after you've had the product for a month, so you'd be out of luck anyway. Nice try.