It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can play the game for about 4-6 minutes and the game just crashes.
Report log saying "Gpu Crash for unknown reasons!"

Tried to clean boot, run as admin and nothing helps.
Drivers were reinstalled, Updated, even tried to downgrade the GPU driver.

Does anyone has the same issue? maybe someone figured it out

i7-7700K
GTX 1080ti
32gb RAM
Windows 10 version 2004
butwhole228: I can play the game for about 4-6 minutes and the game just crashes.

i7-7700K
GTX 1080ti
32gb RAM
Windows 10 version 2004
Speed up Gpu fans to min 80% it should do the trick. After that crashes should be less frequent, moare like couples hour of playing
franzmauser: Speed up Gpu fans to min 80% it should do the trick. After that crashes should be less frequent, moare like couples hour of playing
Yeah saw your suggestion on other topic, tried that out
Cranked up the fans to almost 100% and could play for an hour straight!!!
Thanks!

Really hope they will optimize the game soon because CPU is at 100% while GPU is barely at 20%.
I play on medium settings, FPS is great but the GPU gets hot, 65-75 C.
Keeps crashing for me around the same time and I basically have the same set up. Tried different drivers, installing to C drive, direct x installation, low settings, high settings, installing the back up off line version. Always the same thing. Sad thing is game runs great otherwise.
Fearlessjay: Keeps crashing for me around the same time and I basically have the same set up. Tried different drivers, installing to C drive, direct x installation, low settings, high settings, installing the back up off line version. Always the same thing. Sad thing is game runs great otherwise.
Download MSI afterburner and crank up GPU fan to 90-100% and give it a try.
Tell me if it helped
butwhole228: Yeah saw your suggestion on other topic, tried that out
Cranked up the fans to almost 100% and could play for an hour straight!!!
Thanks!

Really hope they will optimize the game soon because CPU is at 100% while GPU is barely at 20%.
I play on medium settings, FPS is great but the GPU gets hot, 65-75 C.
If forcing GPU fans to 100% is helping, then you are having issues with your GPU. It's either overheating, starting to fail or your PSU can't deliver enough power for the GPU to run properly.

Also, Cyberpunk 2077 can be very CPU demanding on higher settings, so your CPU will be a limiting factor (CPU bottleneck).

You might also be experiencing some general system instability that is now exposed via a very demanding game that requires 100% from the CPU and the GPU at the same time. Try running everything at stock settings (no CPU/GPU overclocking).
Every other demending game runs just fine on max settings for me.
Cyberpunk is just poorly optimized for now.
I see evidence of people with better specs than mine having crashes and GPU overheating problems.

I dont think its hardware related issue.
butwhole228: Every other demending game runs just fine on max settings for me.
Cyberpunk is just poorly optimized for now.
I see evidence of people with better specs than mine having crashes and GPU overheating problems.

I dont think its hardware related issue.
I'm beginning to think it's just gonna be a case of "wait for new NVIDIA drivers & wait for the game to get patched."

I'm on an i5 3570k (yes, according to CPU-Z it does have the AVX instruction set), 16gb RAM, 1080 gfx and as soon as I finish character creation, the game loads for 1-3 seconds then crashes and forces my GPU drivers to reboot.
I tried the fan but still crashes after about 10 minutes. Can play Red Dead Redemption 2 with no issues. CPU is intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz, along with 32 gb ram. I did think it was overheating originally but I am just tempted to wait for patches at this stage.
Game is lacking optimization for now for sure but if your PC crashes when running demanding stuff it means something is not right with your hardware - clogged fans, dried thermal compound, failing capacitors or it's just your PSU can't handle the load or you have problems with airflow in your case.
Because i was playing the game on potato-ish laptop for 7h straight and no crashes at all. And CPU/GPU temperatures were 20 degrees below max with +27C in the room.
Thunderbringer: Game is lacking optimization for now for sure but if your PC crashes when running demanding stuff it means something is not right with your hardware - clogged fans, dried thermal compound, failing capacitors or it's just your PSU can't handle the load or you have problems with airflow in your case.
Because i was playing the game on potato-ish laptop for 7h straight and no crashes at all. And CPU/GPU temperatures were 20 degrees below max with +27C in the room.
Nope, it just cyberpunk thatvis crashing.
Every thing else is buttery smooth, no overheating, nothing.
Guess it is just poorly optimized thats all.
butwhole228: I can play the game for about 4-6 minutes and the game just crashes.

i7-7700K
GTX 1080ti
32gb RAM
Windows 10 version 2004
In my case, the game only crash when I use a mirror with Vsync off.
Was a post on another thread from orra420 where he put
Vsync: 30
Max Framerate: 30
worked for me. I put Vsync to 60 and longest time I've been able to play without a crash. Cheers mate
Post edited December 11, 2020 by Fearlessjay
just wanted to chime in that i'm crashing too. game starts up very nicely and quickly and all the menus and character setup lead me to believe that this was going to be a very smooth experience.

but in game, i can get to maybe the second choice in the convo with the loan shark and it crashes with the gpu error other people are experiencing.

i'm also currently playing doom eternal and it runs smooth without issue.

hoping for some options or mitigation strategies soon.