It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Everywhere else in the game I'm getting a consistent 30fps (lower end hardware), but if I get into the car and put the camera outside of the car, boom. Horrible stutter. If I barely nudge my mouse left or right the camera will not move for a moment and then suddenly I'm looking 90 degrees to one side. There is no smooth or fluid control of the camera. If I keep the camera inside of the car i don't get any framerate problems, but of course keeping the camera inside of the car is more or less an impossible task. You can't drive like that.

And no, before some genius suggests maybe my system isn't fast enough to load assets while driving, this problem happens even if I'm not moving. Just getting into the car and staying parked I cannot move the camera around without stutter and jerkiness. And there's no problem during cutscenes when I'm in a car, but not driving so it's certainly not an issue of loading assets from my SSD.
darxide: Everywhere else in the game I'm getting a consistent 30fps (lower end hardware), but if I get into the car and put the camera outside of the car, boom. Horrible stutter. If I barely nudge my mouse left or right the camera will not move for a moment and then suddenly I'm looking 90 degrees to one side. There is no smooth or fluid control of the camera. If I keep the camera inside of the car i don't get any framerate problems, but of course keeping the camera inside of the car is more or less an impossible task. You can't drive like that.

And no, before some genius suggests maybe my system isn't fast enough to load assets while driving, this problem happens even if I'm not moving. Just getting into the car and staying parked I cannot move the camera around without stutter and jerkiness. And there's no problem during cutscenes when I'm in a car, but not driving so it's certainly not an issue of loading assets from my SSD.
It sounds like CPU is struggling to keep up somehow. I'm thinking what I have, 4790K, isn't going to cut it anymore no matter what GPU or SSD I have.

I mean it could just be poor optimization, but then if the CPU is already barely keeping up anyway you're not going to have enough brute force to overcome that. This game may need at least 8 cores MINIMUM, perhaps more to not stutter as much.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by russ897
Sounds like the OP is not playing the game from an SSD.
Mentat2020: Sounds like the OP is not playing the game from an SSD.
Sounds like you can't read.
https://updatecrazy.com/cyberpunk-2077-update-1-04-patch-notes-cyberpunk-1-04/
This here says they'll improve driving fps, maybe that'll help.
No idea what's the source for it though. Surprisingly that is the only hit when you google cyberpunk 1.04.
Mentat2020: Sounds like the OP is not playing the game from an SSD.
darxide: Sounds like you can't read.
I can. I just read the first half. Sorry.
Qwertian: https://updatecrazy.com/cyberpunk-2077-update-1-04-patch-notes-cyberpunk-1-04/
This here says they'll improve driving fps, maybe that'll help.
No idea what's the source for it though. Surprisingly that is the only hit when you google cyberpunk 1.04.
That is odd, but let's hope it's true. On a side note, I have less FPS problems when on a bike. There are still some, just not as bad as when in a car.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by darxide
Yea, those patch notes that were linked yesterday were wrong. They've already deleted them and put the real patch notes in. The closest to a driving fix was this:

Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.

Which has nothing to do with an FPS fix. My patch is still downloading so I'll know if it really did any good in a bit. Not got my hopes up, though.
What GPU are you using? I'm also playing on somewhat dated hardware and am not having ANY issues with FPS whatsoever.

Have you updated your GPU drivers yet? Both Nvidia and AMD have released new drivers just for this game. AMD released it as an "optional" driver so you would have to kind of manually download it.

Not sure about Nvidia's one though.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Felipe_Anargyrou
I'm happy to announce that the 1.04 hotties did fix this problem. Driving is buttery smooth now.