It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What size will it be?
I know of the 43.5GB patch. But there's going to be another one on launch day.
I think PC version patch is different in size, especially because consoles had troubles and were the cause of the last delay. But we'll see.
This is a good question. With the Day 0 patch the download size is just over 100GB already. I live in the middle of nowhere and my internet connection shows it. I won't be able to play until the day after launch if the Day 1 patch is anything like the Day 0 patch.

I might skip the Day 1 patch on release if possible and download the patch whenever I go to bed.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by darxide
I only have 96.6GB left on my ssd so it would be handy to know if I have to make room.
Cr4zy3ye: I only have 96.6GB left on my ssd so it would be handy to know if I have to make room.
You should anyway.

SSDs loose performance when full and even though they have reserved space to avoid degradation problems, is a bad idea to have them full.

Don't freak out either, but... if you can make some room in your SSD, I would encourage you to do so. :)
darxide: This is a good question. With the Day 0 patch the download size is just over 100GB already. I live in the middle of nowhere and my internet connection shows it. I won't be able to play until the day after launch if the Day 1 patch is anything like the Day 0 patch.

I might skip the Day 1 patch on release if possible and download the patch whenever I go to bed.
If you are reffering to the PS4 preload, that's because it includes all languages by default. GOG only installs english by default + the language you chose.

With just english the game is 59GB on GOG, when you change the language it starts a download of 4.5GB. The game has audio for english + 10 other languages, so 59GB + 4.5GB*10 = 104GB that's whay PS4 is over 100GB
I hope there is an option to preload the patch if it is as voluminous as the rumours imply, I feel for people with poor internet speed if it isn't the case.
darxide: This is a good question. With the Day 0 patch the download size is just over 100GB already. I live in the middle of nowhere and my internet connection shows it. I won't be able to play until the day after launch if the Day 1 patch is anything like the Day 0 patch.

EVPointMaster: If you are reffering to the PS4 preload, that's because it includes all languages by default. GOG only installs english by default + the language you chose.

With just english the game is 59GB on GOG, when you change the language it starts a download of 4.5GB. The game has audio for english + 10 other languages, so 59GB + 4.5GB*10 = 104GB that's whay PS4 is over 100GB
Thanks so much for this answer!!! I saw around the place about a massive patch that was needing downloading and wondering why my PC pre-load was only 59gb so now I know, much appreciated :)
Idplayernet: I hope there is an option to preload the patch if it is as voluminous as the rumours imply, I feel for people with poor internet speed if it isn't the case.
sadly that would be most of the world....the fastest average internet speed in the entire world is in SoKo and it's still only 26mb/s 22-24 in most of the rest of the 1st world....so yea...the majority of people will probably experience a looong wait...

me included lol...i live in a rural area and our internet service is monopolized 46 bucks for 25mb/s....it goes up drastically all the way to 100 (can get faster but have to call them and get a custom deal)....it's kind of depressing, but at the same time glad i live where i do, wouldn't trade it for the world.