It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Forgive me if this topic has been discussed and resolved before.
But I have searched everywhere for a fix and couldn't find one.

Here's the problem the game freezes and when it does it freezes my entire computer as well.
No command or key shortcut works after that.I can only reboot or shutdown my PC via the power buttons.
but even after pressing them it takes 5-10 sec for my computer to respond.
the problem was there back in patch 1.03 and it still persists even in patch 1.04 and there's no fix which I've found.

I've upgraded my GPU drivers,reinstalled Windows on my computer, installed all of the currently available windows updates.even limiting the CPU core use by cyberpunk,underclocking my GPU(no I haven't overclocked my GPU) and many more things I have probably forgotten to list.

Is there a fix for this or do I just have to wait and hope for CDPR to find and troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks for sparing the time to help me.

EDIT:

Here are my specs sorry

CPU I9 9900K
RAM 32GB
GPU 960GTX 4gb ram(soon to be replaced)
OS Windows 10 v20h2

Cyberpunk is on my SSD.

EDIT 2.

CPU is not overclocked.
I have disabled the boost in the BIOS/UEFI

EDIT 3

And no my ram hasn't been overclocked either

my PC has not been overclocked at all
Post edited December 13, 2020 by SGTDViper
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
low rated
this most certainly is not the games fault but your systems.
the game itself runs very stable for most, and even if it was not if the problem was the game, it was the application that would get terminated, not your system.

i would suggest you to google how to fix an instable windows machine.
howtogeek.com/222730/how-to-find-out-why-your-windows-pc-crashed-or-froze/
(got to copy and paste this to your browser bar, gog in their whisdom decided that posting a link is illegal.)
this is a good start, but of course there are many more pages like this so just google it.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by motorbit
motorbit: this most certainly is not the games fault but your systems.
the game itself runs very stable for most, and even if it was not if the problem was the game, it was the application that would get terminated, not your system.

(got to copy and paste this to your browser bar, gog in their whisdom decided that posting a link is illegal.)
this is a good start, but of course there are many more pages like this so just google it.
WOW you're really helpful given the fact that you ignored what I said.
Did you even read what I said?

EDIT:
Also I checked the event viewer it didn't give no information I'll give a screenshot if you want

are you blind btw have you seen the various problems people besides me were having?
Post edited December 12, 2020 by SGTDViper
motorbit: this most certainly is not the games fault but your systems.

"the game itself is very stable for most" - are you insane, mate? It's a buggy, unoptimized shit show. Worst launch of a game I've ever experienced. It's so bad that CDPR shares dropped by 25%. That's how many people are experiencing issues/refunding the game. Wake up.

To the OP, mate, all you can do is a clean install of the game, make sure you have the most up to date drivers, make sure you're launching the game as admin (also, make sure you hold shift down while you right click the executable and click "run as administrator", this is because Windows actually has TWO priorities of admin level) and make sure your NVIDIA control panel settings are all set to off/application.

It's likely not your fault, tbh. The game is a buggy, unoptimized mess.

If the above fails, just put it on the backburner and come back in 6 months.

My game actually runs but it runs so poorly that it's not worth playing until it's been optimised, and my rig exceeds the minimum reqs.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by CallMeHoot
low rated
well, in that case i suggest to find someone who gives the advise you want to hear, then try that solution.
motorbit: well, in that case i suggest to find someone who gives the advise you want to hear, then try that solution.
Maybe you shoud stop spamming
It hasn't crashed for me yet, and this looks like a rare issue. Are you able to monitor your temps? Before you boot up the game, press ctrl+shift+esc. Look at your CPU usage. Is there anything in the background that is running and taking significant CPU power?
motorbit: well, in that case i suggest to find someone who gives the advise you want to hear, then try that solution.
SGTDViper: Maybe you shoud stop spamming
I'd be willing to bet as soon as you replace your 960 the problem will go away. I have an older system with a 960 and experience simular crashes while gaming in newer titles. I play this game on a 5700xt and have no crashes. game plays pretty good on high 1080p.
There are several reports with system freezes/crashes so looks like it's not a PC stability issue, of course there would be also people with unstable systems, but majority looks like aren't.

You can try this, weak chance but it may help:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/nvme-ssd-causing-crash-every-5-10-minutes-constantly.11043830/
low rated
jethrotuller: There are several reports with system freezes/crashes so looks like it's not a PC stability issue, of course there would be also people with unstable systems, but majority looks like aren't.

You can try this, weak chance but it may help:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/nvme-ssd-causing-crash-every-5-10-minutes-constantly.11043830/
with any new and stressing game, there are several reportrs of freezes/crashes ;)
the truth is, windows has gone a LONG way since the dos based times where applications actually could crash the system.
by now its like this: an instable application will crash and youll get that message "application was terminated". anything else and there is something wrong with the system.
I'm trying to ignore your unhelpful/spamming posts but you're making it difficult. If you have nothing useful to add, then return to your dream world where there is no system crashes due to Microsoft/windows or CDPR and they are the definition of perfection after the LONG way they have taken.
SGTDViper: Maybe you shoud stop spamming
MikeM4201: I'd be willing to bet as soon as you replace your 960 the problem will go away. I have an older system with a 960 and experience simular crashes while gaming in newer titles. I play this game on a 5700xt and have no crashes. game plays pretty good on high 1080p.
Maybe instead of blaming my machine or GPU try to troubleshoot the problem.

AND you're telling me that my PC that can almost max DOOM ETERNAL, play RDR2 on medium/high or play any other game on medium/high for that matter. Can't run cyberpunk because it is old even though i average 40fps.

What kind of logic are you using?
J Lo: It hasn't crashed for me yet, and this looks like a rare issue. Are you able to monitor your temps? Before you boot up the game, press ctrl+shift+esc. Look at your CPU usage. Is there anything in the background that is running and taking significant CPU power?
NO AND PLEASE DON'T SPAM
J Lo: It hasn't crashed for me yet, and this looks like a rare issue. Are you able to monitor your temps? Before you boot up the game, press ctrl+shift+esc. Look at your CPU usage. Is there anything in the background that is running and taking significant CPU power?
SGTDViper: NO AND PLEASE DON'T SPAM
How is my post spam?
jethrotuller: I'm trying to ignore your unhelpful/spamming posts but you're making it difficult. If you have nothing useful to add, then return to your dream world where there is no system crashes due to Microsoft/windows or CDPR and they are the definition of perfection after the LONG way they have taken.
MARK as spam
SGTDViper: NO AND PLEASE DON'T SPAM
J Lo: How is my post spam?
You're talking about something that has no significance to the issue.
my CPU is not overclocked and even IF i check the temperatures what good would that do me?
also no other tasks are taking up my cpu power
also ironically this post was again spam

EDIT: even if my CPU is overheating my PC wouldn't freeze it would perform a safe shutdown to avoid damging my CPU
jethrotuller: I'm trying to ignore your unhelpful/spamming posts but you're making it difficult. If you have nothing useful to add, then return to your dream world where there is no system crashes due to Microsoft/windows or CDPR and they are the definition of perfection after the LONG way they have taken.
SGTDViper: MARK as spam
J Lo: How is my post spam?
SGTDViper: You're talking about something that has no significance to the issue.
my CPU is not overclocked and even IF i check the temperatures what good would that do me?
also no other tasks are taking up my cpu power
also ironically this post was again spam
I was legitimately trying to help you.