It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bla1: ([helpful workaround)
Thank you for providing information how to do it ourselves. This is much more valuable than a link to a download!

(Also I would rather chew on glass than deal with Nexusmods)
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T here. I'm hoping there is a fix for SSE4 soon.
I have:
i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, 2934 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

And I keep crashing after the video introducing Night City. Crash report shows:

Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.

Seems CPU related. Anyone with more inside knowledge about CPU can tell me if my CPU meets
the minimum requirement? because some i5 destroy i7s
guncastle: I have:

Seems CPU related. Anyone with more inside knowledge about CPU can tell me if my CPU meets
Your problem is different than mine. You lack AVX support, not SSE4.2 support. There are fixes for you. People in your situation have been having success after using a hex editor on their .exe or downloading an altered .exe off of Nexus Mods.

Pretty annoying for me since my CPU is newer and more powerful than yours, but yes, either keep waiting with people like me for official support, or just look into those already available community fixes if you'd like.
Post edited December 13, 2020 by Bone Apple Mr. T
Bone Apple Mr. T: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T here. I'm hoping there is a fix for SSE4 soon.
Same here I do not even get into anything. Crashes right off the launch with a flatline and the 0xc000001d
guncastle: I have:

Bone Apple Mr. T: Your problem is different than mine. You lack AVX support, not SSE4.2 support. There are fixes for you. People in your situation have been having success after using a hex editor on their .exe or downloading an altered .exe off of Nexus Mods.

Pretty annoying for me since my CPU is newer and more powerful than yours, but yes, either keep waiting with people like me for official support, or just look into those already available community fixes if you'd like.
Hey man, yes thanks. I just installed the AVX check fix from nexusmods, and I'm finally able to play the game.
How was this missed by developers? Seems to me they didn't test the game on a range of (older) CPU. The minimum required CPU name doesn't tell me anything about instructions it needs to know.
I am playing fine on a i7-2700K
Bone Apple Mr. T: Your problem is different than mine. You lack AVX support, not SSE4.2 support. There are fixes for you. People in your situation have been having success after using a hex editor on their .exe or downloading an altered .exe off of Nexus Mods.

guncastle: Hey man, yes thanks. I just installed the AVX check fix from nexusmods, and I'm finally able to play the game.
How was this missed by developers? Seems to me they didn't test the game on a range of (older) CPU. The minimum required CPU name doesn't tell me anything about instructions it needs to know.
Glad I could help and that it works for you now.

They have to draw the line somewhere for minimum specs. It's becoming more common for AAA titles to launch requiring newer instruction sets on CPUs, but the community or developers can still find fixes weeks, months, or even years later. I hope someone gets on the SSE4 fix soon so I can play. Far Cry 5 added an official SSE4 patch over a year after its launch. An unofficial SSE4 fix began circulating within DOOM Eternal's modding community within a year.

I know my rig will run this game, if and when a fix comes. I ran Far Cry 5 beautifully. Old Intel CPUs make for playable hardware, and my Phenom II benches much higher than them.

wuffenberg: I am playing fine on a i7-2700K
Your CPU has support for both AVX and SSE4 instructions. This thread does not apply to you.
Bone Apple Mr. T: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T here. I'm hoping there is a fix for SSE4 soon.
Another Phenom II user here. Definitely hoping to get confirmation on if they're going to stick with requiring those instructions, or if there'll be an option to play with an exe that doesn't use them. 3.3GHz and six cores is enough for most current games to be playable just fine.

Hopefully there's an easy way for them to allow users to pick alternate .exe's to launch, so that those with processors that can use them can, while those of us with processors that don't have the latest fancy instructions sets can still run the game.
Vector_Matt: Another Phenom II user here. Definitely hoping to get confirmation on if they're going to stick with requiring those instructions, or if there'll be an option to play with an exe that doesn't use them. 3.3GHz and six cores is enough for most current games to be playable just fine.

Hopefully there's an easy way for them to allow users to pick alternate .exe's to launch, so that those with processors that can use them can, while those of us with processors that don't have the latest fancy instructions sets can still run the game.
3.3HHz? A X6 1100T I see! I spent part of today researching just how much better our CPUs can run the game than all of those old Intel CPUs that are now able to launch the game with the AVX fix.

Frame rate:
https://pc-builds.com/cyri/

Benchmarks:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Our Phenom IIs would perform so much better than those Intel CPUs. The state of things is such a shame. I've been obsessively looking throughout the modding community every day hoping someone has found a SSE4 fix. I'm assuming that the community will come out with a fix before the devs, since that's what happened with DOOM Eternal and Red Dead Redemption 2. A dev fix would be nice, like in the case of Far Cry 5, but that one took almost 2 years to come out.
Has anyone tried this fix?

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/198

This might be what we need! We'd have to combine the .dll that fixes SSE4 with the .exe that fixes AVX, I assume. I'm scared to test it because no one else has reported it working, but there are a lot of people who downloaded it.
Bone Apple Mr. T: Has anyone tried this fix?

This might be what we need! We'd have to combine the .dll that fixes SSE4 with the .exe that fixes AVX, I assume. I'm scared to test it because no one else has reported it working, but there are a lot of people who downloaded it.
I Just tried this on a phenom II X6 and it did not work :(

game version: 1.03
AVX-fix applied to the .exe
used the .dll from nexusMods

.... still the same error
there's a new fix AVX_SSEfix, search for it on nexus, beacuse i can't post links

Uploaded by
Stre1nik0V
Piotrunusus: there's a new fix AVX_SSEfix, search for it on nexus, beacuse i can't post links

Uploaded by
Stre1nik0V
Has anyone with a Phenom II tried that one?
Bone Apple Mr. T: Has anyone tried this fix?
Didn't work for me, sadly. I compiled it myself (from https://github.com/ogurets/popcnt_emulator) and put it on a 1.03 install and it still crashed with an illegal instruction error.
I expect that the game also uses SSSE3 (three S's), or something else that's not present on Phenom II's.

Piotrunusus: there's a new fix AVX_SSEfix, search for it on nexus, beacuse i can't post links
That appears to be the "Intel Software Development Emulator".

I tried the official version (from https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-software-development-emulator.html), and the game mostly just sat in the task manager using a whole core without any visible indicator that it was working. A few times the game crashed with a watchdog timeout, and once the game eventually loaded a black screen (after several minutes of waiting), but I eventually got tired of waiting and killed it manually since it just sat there at a black screen.

I'm not familiar with the intel sde, so maybe someone who knows more about it will know of a magical option that makes it run well, or maybe it works better on intel CPUs, but it certainly doesn't seem to make the game actually playable on my (AMD) machine.