It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just finished the game, and had some lingering thoughts about the storyline.

*Jefferson Peralez and Lizzy Wizzy both seemed to be under the same mind-altering effects, even thought the game didn't explicitly make the connection. I couldn't help but notice they both seemed unpredictable and controlled by someone else. I wonder if other characters were under the same effect but I didn't notice. The game didn't dig deeper into this though, but I hope an expansion will look into this further.

*What was the point of the Tarot cards? After scanning them all, the game didn't actually make use of them. Did I miss something?

*Kerry is fucking obnoxious. (Just wanted to say it.)
emf2718: *What was the point of the Tarot cards? After scanning them all, the game didn't actually make use of them. Did I miss something?
Misty tells your fortune. When you choose your ending you'll see it turns out to be true.
emf2718: *What was the point of the Tarot cards? After scanning them all, the game didn't actually make use of them. Did I miss something?
J Lo: Misty tells your fortune. When you choose your ending you'll see it turns out to be true.
Now that you mention it, that is true. Just seems the chase-down-20-cards thing was completely unnecessary. It added nothing to the game and was only used in that one scene.
Yeah, Peralez (and the shady group mind controlling people) has been rumoured to be a huge part of whatever big dlc addition comes down the track. Although, I suspect after the release they might be adjusting their DLC plans.
emf2718: Now that you mention it, that is true. Just seems the chase-down-20-cards thing was completely unnecessary. It added nothing to the game and was only used in that one scene.
First time? =D

Meh. Way too many systems very clearly being placeholders at the very best, if not entirely missing, or just broken somehow. Liked the characters, a lot actually, but then again, nothing Cyberpunk about Cyberpunk 2077, really. More like soft dad rock, or something - no tears in the rain moment, just ultimately hopeless, defeatist plans worth dying for, rather than living for (big mouth Silverhand). Would have liked some actually Cyberpunk story elements, rather than just defeatist action explosions - that just so happen to be set in a Cyberpunk world.

As for the "shady mind control group of people", that's actually the rogue AI's (of old-world military origin) raging on the net behind the Blackwall. Which itself also is an AI, pretending to be nothing more but black ICE [Intrusion Countermeasure Electronics]. Now, there's some lore / story with some actual Cyberpunk potential to it, as the question of sentience and individuality is brought back up with these AIs puppeteering people (blue eyes) or straight up just merging with a person's construct, erasing their individuality, creating an entirely new being in the process. They seem to have quite some interest in constructs of actual people, and assimilating them.

Can you imagine an ending, where with all the teases before, Silverhand and V had their Constructs merged to become a new entity, able to live on in the body? Man, that would've been so Cyberpunk. Almost like taking cues from one of the other, best Cyberpunk franchises out there...
Post edited June 18, 2021 by BlackSun