It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I was just living my life when some punks attacked me. Then I fire back, and suddenly, the police is all around and shooting at me. I don't understand, don't I have the right to defend myself in a freaking game? That was annoying.
And sometimes, I make a carnage outdoor in the street, and no police or anything. I don't understand, what makes them coming?
EdrinFr: So I was just living my life when some punks attacked me. Then I fire back, and suddenly, the police is all around and shooting at me. I don't understand, don't I have the right to defend myself in a freaking game? That was annoying.
And sometimes, I make a carnage outdoor in the street, and no police or anything. I don't understand, what makes them coming?
Yeah, I'm using CyberEngineTweaks to console out of things and a hooking device to control extra options I can't find with the console, for this reason.

I was dealing with a crime scene swarming with cops, but NONE would attack the gangsters killing civilians, the cops were just hanging out staring at bodies, it was nuts.

So, i used a command to turn off AI reactions to seeing me (since the cops kept KILLING me for stopping the criminals) and just stealthed the criminals.

Broken game is broken.
Post edited January 20, 2021 by Tracido
EdrinFr: So I was just living my life when some punks attacked me. Then I fire back, and suddenly, the police is all around and shooting at me. I don't understand, don't I have the right to defend myself in a freaking game? That was annoying.
I experienced the same thing when I was firing a high-powered rifle and my shot was going through the "punk", and hitting a civilian. Also had it happen a lot because I decided to spec grenades & the AOE damage. Got very annoying and I stopped using grenades in places where I thought there might be civs near by.
Had this happen I didn't die I killed everything cops included then ALT + F4, Pretty sure I avoided the game for a whole day.
I'm pretty sure you hit a civilian by accident in the middle of the fight. Stronger weapons fire can fire through weaker obstacles and other weapons can fire ricochet shots. Spread on the guns is a thing too.
I guess you walked into something, possibly. One time I went to one of those police gigs on the map. One side, I was able to kill the scavs without issue. Though I was crouched and doing headshots. I start shooting them on the other side and I'm warned what I was doing was illegal. I stopped, started sneaking around again and noticed there were alot of civilians around. So I basically stayed crouched and headshotted them all. So it may have to do with civillians. As soon as I get a warning about something illegal I either stop, or go back a save (I save like crazy) once I actually commit a crime. Personally trying to avoid that in this save.

edit: gun had a silencer
Post edited January 24, 2021 by TwoNeonEyes
It's ok to defend yourself of course but you must be aware of civilians that are in the area and not point your weapon at them or harm them while you're defending yourself. If you spray bullets and it hits a civilian the cops will teleport in behind you anywhere from a foot away to 16 inches or so away and kill you instantly, even if you just stepped on someone's toe by accident.

You know, just like in real life. Epic next generation AI realism and immersion.
skeletonbow: It's ok to defend yourself of course but you must be aware of civilians that are in the area and not point your weapon at them or harm them while you're defending yourself. If you spray bullets and it hits a civilian the cops will teleport in behind you anywhere from a foot away to 16 inches or so away and kill you instantly, even if you just stepped on someone's toe by accident.

You know, just like in real life. Epic next generation AI realism and immersion.
There's an Instance where if you engage thugs the cops engage you, You only need to agro the thugs to trigger cops it's broken.
skeletonbow: It's ok to defend yourself of course but you must be aware of civilians that are in the area and not point your weapon at them or harm them while you're defending yourself. If you spray bullets and it hits a civilian the cops will teleport in behind you anywhere from a foot away to 16 inches or so away and kill you instantly, even if you just stepped on someone's toe by accident.

wayke: There's an Instance where if you engage thugs the cops engage you, You only need to agro the thugs to trigger cops it's broken.
There are tonnes of Tyger Claws on the west side of Japantown both in alleys and on the streets. Most of them you can tag and kill for the warrant loot, but there are some near Jig Jig street and also near higher class establishments which the game flags with the yellow chevron, but when you go in scan mode you can see that they have a crime record and warrants and a bounty on their heads, but the game will not let you tag them or kill them without the cops going ballistic. It's like the game flags them as an enemy to you, but they're flagged as a pedestrian to the cops. There are quite a few like this littered about. I kill them and just run away quick from the cops and either jump in the water or deep in an alley or jump on a rooftop until the coast is clear, then go back for my loot.
Police need removing until they have a proper system ready. It should be easy for them to remove it . It's most likely only one line of code.
DazBoots: Police need removing until they have a proper system ready. It should be easy for them to remove it . It's most likely only one line of code.
Me personally, I just remove their visual trigger whenever I'm dealing with thier insanely stupid glitches. I just use a hooking program to turn it off until I'm done with whatever I'm dealing with.
Chicago Simulator 2077
DazBoots: Police need removing until they have a proper system ready. It should be easy for them to remove it . It's most likely only one line of code.
police = 1

police = 0

Seems legit doing that now..
Sometimes I am walking down the street or trying to buy a bunch of drinks out of a machine, and the cops just start to shoot me. I stopped playing until a patch fixes the cops, not lootable drops that I can see but not pickup, and the driving. I cannot see the road when I am sitting in my car, and even on a couple of bikes. But the worst is the cops during a mission like responding to "bad guys doing something," because they are completely broken.
Lauski: I experienced the same thing when I was firing a high-powered rifle and my shot was going through the "punk", and hitting a civilian.[…]
I'm not sure why all these people think I didn't think about this myself… Of course I didn't hit any civilians.
I even had this once just using a short circuit quickhack, IIRC. No way to hit another target with that!
skeletonbow: It's like the game flags them as an enemy to you, but they're flagged as a pedestrian to the cops.
This is a sensible explaination. I didn't get that bug often.

GorgieGAWG: Sometimes I am walking down the street or trying to buy a bunch of drinks out of a machine, and the cops just start to shoot me.[…]
I cannot see the road when I am sitting in my car, […]
They tend to be very trigger itchy. When you just stand near a cop, they attack after a few seconds.
The car problem can be worked around by just switching the view. I sure would have preferred to drive "from inside", but well…
Hopefully they will patch this game correctly, unlike the Witcher 3, still plagued by a few very obvious and very annoying bugs. One of witch is still present in Cyberpunk. You can't bind keys, only characters, first (which is kind of a feature, but… Don't try and play with anything else than a qwerty layout) and GUI keys are not rebound when the corresponding keys are changed.