It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

elussya: It's not freaking DRM
According to https://fckdrm.com/ (ironically, a website run by GOG):
Digital Rights Management, DRM, is a really broad term for tech that controls how, and when, digital content can be used
Here, the user is locked out and prevented from accessing some of the installed content unless they undergo authorization, which requires contacting an online service.

This is the very definition of DRM.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Turbo-Beaver
elussya: It's not freaking DRM
Turbo-Beaver: According to https://fckdrm.com/ (ironically, a website run by GOG):

Digital Rights Management, DRM, is a really broad term for tech that controls how, and when, digital content can be used
Turbo-Beaver: Here, the user is locked out and prevented from accessing some of the installed content unless they undergo authorization, which requires contacting an online service.

I disagree. If it required it every time you wanted to view the comic- sure. I'd consider it DRM, but- it's not the case.

You can login, download, and never need to be connected again for those wall papers or the comic.

Not sure what the bitching is about?
ernexus: Can someone provide their experience when they canceled their Cyberpunk 2077 pre-order on GOG?

Yes i know, i broke the golden rule - never pre-order. But i was in such fanboy mode, recently even built a new PC for this game and bought their merchandise, earlier bought all Witcher series, even books.

Sorry CDPR, but you lost my trust with the recent events, downgrades and the latest video with terrible Johnny Silverhand model was a real shocker. Maybe some SJW inside tries to sabotage the game? Whatever the case am off for now. It is sad that they started pandering and turned their back to loyal fans who actually bought and made CDPR famous with Witcher series (which SJW hated and even called racist). I don't say never, maybe some day, but only after release.
Hahahaha. These SJW comments are insane! So sick of people saying SJW is the cause of all their problems in life. People can not think for themselves without using buzzword labels that fit some narrative in their head.
Turbo-Beaver: According to https://fckdrm.com/ (ironically, a website run by GOG):
Here, the user is locked out and prevented from accessing some of the installed content unless they undergo authorization, which requires contacting an online service.

elussya: I disagree. If it required it every time you wanted to view the comic- sure. I'd consider it DRM, but- it's not the case.

You can login, download, and never need to be connected again for those wall papers or the comic.

No one but you is talking about the comic. The others are talking about the 'My Rewards' DLC, that will require authentication of the game through Galaxy and will NOT be available through the website.
elussya: I disagree. If it required it every time you wanted to view the comic- sure. I'd consider it DRM, but- it's not the case.

Lifthrasil: No one but you is talking about the comic. The others are talking about the 'My Rewards' DLC, that will require authentication of the game through Galaxy and will NOT be available through the website.
oh! I'll be damned. I hadn't seen anything on that previously. My bad.

I'm curious now if after you jump through said hoop- if it's then locally savable/ reinstallable?

If not, yeah- I'll be a little irritated.