It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,
So I received Wakano's call and when I inquired asking the details about the job she just went silent until the options to ask her if she thinks the guy has to die or to call yourself out appeared.
So I had no idea of what I was going into.

I've searched online and at least another person has encountered this bug.

No subtitles no audio no lip's movements. She just stood still in the call picture for the time she was probably supposed to tell me the details about the job.
Same problem here. I want to hear what she was gonna say.
Same. Reloaded 3 times, tried skipping the blue dialogue, on bike, off bike, nothing helped. And since you can't turn down phone calls, there's no way around it other than not playing until it hopefully gets fixed.
Having exact same issue; anyone can link to a video of someone who did not have the bug, so we can hear the quest?
It is persistent bug, just accept the gig, you will have chance to walk away.
It's looks like the game is pushing the dialogue to Wakako herself in her office rather than over the phone.

If while you're on the phone with her, you just stand outside her office door, then click the 'What's the job?' dialogue option you can then hear her speak (see screenshot). I can't link a video but this is what she says:

"Caroline Jablonsky - set off any buzzers for you? Murdered in cold blood. Made waves a few years back. They locked the guy up...but now there's a chance he could walk. Jablonsky's family wants to balance the scales of justice, for good. You'll finish him"

Then the remainder of the conversation with her happens over the phone.
Attachments:
wakako.jpg (294 Kb)
HRM-Hegemon: It's looks like the game is pushing the dialogue to Wakako herself in her office rather than over the phone.

If while you're on the phone with her, you just stand outside her office door, then click the 'What's the job?' dialogue option you can then hear her speak (see screenshot). I can't link a video but this is what she says:

"Caroline Jablonsky - set off any buzzers for you? Murdered in cold blood. Made waves a few years back. They locked the guy up...but now there's a chance he could walk. Jablonsky's family wants to balance the scales of justice, for good. You'll finish him"

Then the remainder of the conversation with her happens over the phone.
She was on mute :)))
midrand: She was on mute :)))
Wakako is basically a boomer trying to get to grips with Zoom.

Just wait until you get to her penultimate quest - 'I think my PC is broken, can you fix it?' which sees you stoically spend three hours on a call because the latest OS update moved a couple of icons around.