It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You know the motto - no such thing as 'bad publicity'

Cyberpunk 2077 has a 91 metascore rating and has been having great reviews all accross the board. One thing that has been lowering some score has been bugs, but bear in mind CDPR will be working on fixing these issues until the very last day.

One outlet however GamesBeat has given it a 6/10 because it was unoriginal. Beware of giving these clickbaiting websites any revenue with your outrage clicks, or boosting their twitter and giving them any relevance, he is already reveling on the possible attention he is getting.

Just a PSA, see you in Nightcity kids!
high rated
I stopped caring what the reviewers say a long time ago. Look at what they do with Hollywood. They try to tell me terrible movies are great and that the audience is wrong. They also push an agenda in the games arena and try to attack any company that does not tow their line. I don't pay attention because I am a rational, independently minded adult that can make my own decisions.
high rated
The best one was GameSpot's 7/10.

"Too offensive"

"Not trans inclusive enough"

I facepalmed so hard at that review.

As a rule of thumb - If the reviewer isn't giving genuine constructive criticism and is instead trying to push an agenda, I stop reading.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by JakeOfRivia93
JakeOfRivia93: The best one was GameSpot's 7/10.

"Too offensive"

"Not trans inclusive enough"

I facepalmed so hard at that review.

As a rule of thumb - If the reviewer isn't giving genuine constructive criticism and is instead trying to push an agenda, I stop reading.
LOL! Ok, they can see it that way. There are plenty of games for children out there and nobody stops them from making their own perfect videogame either. I hope this turns out trans enough in the own echo chamber of the main audience, but most likely it wouldn't because you must be MORE woke then everybody else, right? ^^ It is so lame how those communities work and how they push themselves further and further over the edge.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by wintermute.
There are a number of sites that need to be totally ignored... Polygon is at the top my list follow by Rock Paper Shotgun.
Wompoo: There are a number of sites that need to be totally ignored... Polygon is at the top my list follow by Rock Paper Shotgun.
Pretty much all gaming sites are trash these days. Anything that has ties with resetera like many of the above listed sites.
Wompoo: There are a number of sites that need to be totally ignored... Polygon is at the top my list follow by Rock Paper Shotgun.
Hitchno: Pretty much all gaming sites are trash these days. Anything that has ties with resetera like many of the above listed sites.
From consumers perspective its. There isnt enough good games, eventually we all play the same games.

I wanna know though if this is game industry's best debut. They gotta get like 5 mill pre-orders right?
Post edited December 08, 2020 by Cyberway
Anakin-Skywalker: You know the motto - no such thing as 'bad publicity'

Cyberpunk 2077 has a 91 metascore rating and has been having great reviews all accross the board. One thing that has been lowering some score has been bugs, but bear in mind CDPR will be working on fixing these issues until the very last day.

One outlet however GamesBeat has given it a 6/10 because it was unoriginal. Beware of giving these clickbaiting websites any revenue with your outrage clicks, or boosting their twitter and giving them any relevance, he is already reveling on the possible attention he is getting.

Who cares about the score, they're meaningless and arbitrary anyway. All I want to know is does it run well, what the gameplay is like (as in is it worth my time and money), and is the story decent.
Cyberway: From consumers perspective its. There isnt enough good games, eventually we all play the same games.

I wanna know though if this is game industry's best debut. They gotta get like 5 mill pre-orders right?
There's plenty of good games, there's a whole pile of shit sites though leading to people buying the same games. As for this? Well, FFXV was 5m sales on the first day, and WoW:Shadowlands had 4.5?m or so pre-orders. I'm gonna guess that they've surpassed 5m preorders, though their direct sales will be an interesting question.

A buddy of mine works as a store manager for a well known B&M store, and they only brought in 5 units and took no preorders. That was pure upper-level corporate policy because of the coof, and them not wanting to have the stores full of people. They also only brought in 10 units of the PS5 and Xbone each, they sold out of them of course and had hundreds of people still showing up for them, though in both cases and this being Canada. You can build a better PC then what they're selling them for(~600-1200 CAD).
People still bother with reviews lol? I gave up on those over a decade ago. What do I care about some nobody's opinion?
Anakin-Skywalker: You know the motto - no such thing as 'bad publicity'

Never even heard of GamesBeat. The name itself sounds pretty off putting.
Farinhir78: I stopped caring what the reviewers say a long time ago. Look at what they do with Hollywood. They try to tell me terrible movies are great and that the audience is wrong. They also push an agenda in the games arena and try to attack any company that does not tow their line. I don't pay attention because I am a rational, independently minded adult that can make my own decisions.
This. So much this.

gagcom: and they not just predict our feelings but also manipulate our feelings and sell us anything they want- Be it a product as a service or politician.
They manipulate us? Really? They can collect all the data they want. Doesn't mean I'm going to be "manipulated" into buying some useless product or service. When I'm not interested in them no amount of prodding is going to change my mind.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by REG2012
gagcom: Blabla-fuckedupmind-blabla
Couldn'T we just get rid of this annoying conspiracy theorist with his crude BS trying to make connections between obvious shit happening around the globe to whatever is his new agenda?
Cyberway: From consumers perspective its. There isnt enough good games, eventually we all play the same games.

Hitchno: There's plenty of good games, there's a whole pile of shit sites though leading to people buying the same games. As for this? Well, FFXV was 5m sales on the first day, and WoW:Shadowlands had 4.5?m or so pre-orders. I'm gonna guess that they've surpassed 5m preorders, though their direct sales will be an interesting question.

A buddy of mine works as a store manager for a well known B&M store, and they only brought in 5 units and took no preorders. That was pure upper-level corporate policy because of the coof, and them not wanting to have the stores full of people. They also only brought in 10 units of the PS5 and Xbone each, they sold out of them of course and had hundreds of people still showing up for them, though in both cases and this being Canada. You can build a better PC then what they're selling them for(~600-1200 CAD).
Really? Most of them are sequels, when you've played couple AC or ES or CoD, you've seen pretty much it all. GTA5 is not that much different from GTA3 etc. Its actuallly quite funny how fast you can play most "major" games in this industry. If you actively play 1 year, you have seen whole lot of game industry, when you reach that point, reviews doesnt mean anything, you just play what they give you.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Cyberway
Cyberway: Really? Most of them are sequels, when you've played couple AC or ES or CoD, you've seen pretty much it all. GTA5 is not that much different from GTA3 etc. Its actuallly quite funny how fast you can play most "major" games in this industry. If you actively play 1 year, you have seen whole lot of game industry, when you reach that point, reviews doesnt mean anything, you just play what they give you.
There's been a drought of good space sims for about 20 years now. Not to mention a quality RTS. Though you're right in a part, the VG industry has stagnated to the point that they're falling back on the Hollywood model of "remakes and remasters" instead of taking risks. This will work for a while, but it won't get you the big bucks either.

On top of that the 'low barrier for entry' means that while a few years ago the 4 week correspondence course on how to make something in xyz game no longer exists, the depth of some games are getting down to a mud puddle. One of the big reasons why you see people moving away from core "big studio" releases and moving into smaller niche titles. See the explosion of the latest Atelier title, with niche titles taking on various components from it.
Cyberway: Really? Most of them are sequels, when you've played couple AC or ES or CoD, you've seen pretty much it all. GTA5 is not that much different from GTA3 etc. Its actuallly quite funny how fast you can play most "major" games in this industry. If you actively play 1 year, you have seen whole lot of game industry, when you reach that point, reviews doesnt mean anything, you just play what they give you.
Hitchno: There's been a drought of good space sims for about 20 years now. Not to mention a quality RTS. Though you're right in a part, the VG industry has stagnated to the point that they're falling back on the Hollywood model of "remakes and remasters" instead of taking risks. This will work for a while, but it won't get you the big bucks either.

On top of that the 'low barrier for entry' means that while a few years ago the 4 week correspondence course on how to make something in xyz game no longer exists, the depth of some games are getting down to a mud puddle. One of the big reasons why you see people moving away from core "big studio" releases and moving into smaller niche titles. See the explosion of the latest Atelier title, with niche titles taking on various components from it.
+1 for sims. I just loved Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries. Sequel is one of my tops games I wait.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Cyberway
gagcom: Cyberpunk 2077 is made for auto-aimers with 30 PREMIUM FPS doing macro-transactions for cut content giving out their personal data and that data is being exploited by publishers to inflate their scam and keep people in the loop. Welcome to the brave naive world. Developers of said naive world can't face the facts so they suppress, censor people. Outsource their dirty work to influencers which get high when they receive free merch.

Free merch > free speech.
Is your mind blown how people fall for same thing every time? It shouldn't be. Because divided, singled out individuals has no chance against organized criminal entity; corporation.

Corporation is an approved scam & spy business. Their approval was obtained through manufactured consent. Corporation is not the industry of manufacturing products. Corporation is in the industry of manufacturing consent.

As well Corporations [through governments] are harvesting our biometric data on global scale. So they can get to know us far better than we know ourselves,
and they not just predict our feelings but also manipulate our feelings and sell us anything they want- Be it a product as a service or politician.

CDPR is a corporation.

Hardcore corporate defenders please check out "The Corporation", "Surveillance Capitalism", "The century of the self", "Stockholm syndrome", "Milgram Experiment" and "The Secrets of Silicon Valley: What Big Tech Doesn't Want You to Know")
I Agree.
This thread is a must read for developers. A good read (so far)
Post edited December 09, 2020 by smuggly