It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A lot of people have indicated they are waiting to buy the game until CD Projekt fixes the various bugs in the game. Looking at the reviews on Steam, I see the recent reviews are still "mixed" ... should I take this to mean the bugs aren't fixed yet?

I find that surprising considering we're months out after release at this point...
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
temps: A lot of people have indicated they are waiting to buy the game until CD Projekt fixes the various bugs in the game. Looking at the reviews on Steam, I see the recent reviews are still "mixed" ... should I take this to mean the bugs aren't fixed yet?

I find that surprising considering we're months out after release at this point...
Version 1.12 is still buggy but I was able to finish the main game including most side quests and saw all endings available for male V. The performance overall was good for me and I had no trouble there, but I encountered some bugs, including bugs which nearly hampered my quest progression (including story quests).

For example, in one situation the NPC holding the key card for a door clipped through the floor of an elevator. I noticed this quickly and reloaded my last save, but at that point, I would have been unable to complete an ongoing story quest.

In another situation, subsequent dialogues were not triggered correctly and I had to reload the scene multiple times till it concluded correctly (I was literally stuck because the character sits down till the scene concludes). Besides these more severe issues, there were numerous minor issues that were more annoying than outright problems. For example, when you are in a relevant story segment and the NPC loops through the audio of their opening greeting ("Hey, what is up with you?") while the scene is supposed to be a heartfelt plot point.
temps: A lot of people have indicated they are waiting to buy the game until CD Projekt fixes the various bugs in the game. Looking at the reviews on Steam, I see the recent reviews are still "mixed" ... should I take this to mean the bugs aren't fixed yet?

Robette: Version 1.12 is still buggy but I was able to finish the main game including most side quests and saw all endings available for male V. The performance overall was good for me and I had no trouble there, but I encountered some bugs, including bugs which nearly hampered my quest progression (including story quests).

For example, in one situation the NPC holding the key card for a door clipped through the floor of an elevator. I noticed this quickly and reloaded my last save, but at that point, I would have been unable to complete an ongoing story quest.

In another situation, subsequent dialogues were not triggered correctly and I had to reload the scene multiple times till it concluded correctly (I was literally stuck because the character sits down till the scene concludes). Besides these more severe issues, there were numerous minor issues that were more annoying than outright problems. For example, when you are in a relevant story segment and the NPC loops through the audio of their opening greeting ("Hey, what is up with you?") while the scene is supposed to be a heartfelt plot point.
Sounds like the game isn't the level of quality I expect from CD Projekt Red after playing The Witcher. How disappointing. I was somewhat interested in playing it, but I guess I'll pass if they won't fix the bugs.
Post edited March 24, 2021 by temps

Depends also on what you see as bugs and what you see as features. I've played the game on original v. 1.03 on a powerful PC and I did not have many bugs other than many many many video glitches. The game ran, it did not crash and all quests but one worked on first attempt.

However, bugs which are labeled as features such as mindless police, non-existent factions etc etc have not been fixed and will not be fixed for a long time if ever. These are the ones you should watch out for.