It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mentat2020: The higher settings were intended for gamers with the best PCs in the world.. If your PC is average or below, you just have to lower the settings..
That is understandable. We used to have games that were basically benchmarks that weren't even meant to be maxed out with current tech like original Crysis. The issue is that recommended cards are struggling to get 60 FPS at 1080 on low settings. That's the minimum acceptable performance for something that is listed as recommended.

I would understand if a 1060 was minimum req card and it struggled, but no it's listed as recommended. Either they need to optimize things better or change the recommended specs.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by ToveriJuri
It almost looks like CDPR spent their entire development cycle fine tuning everything for the consoles, then rushed out a half-assed abortion of a PC release at the end in crunch time.

For how many times it's been delayed, and how high quality the Witcher 3 was by contrast, I can't believe CP2077 is this bad.
Just checked my settings. It defaults to ultra @ 1080p for me, with the option to set it to 1440p or 4k because of the upscaling of my GPU.

I can without a doubt say I'm definitely getting over 60 fps average on Ultra. I might test 1440p later to check it.

Followup to my previous post. I'd be curious if others with 5700 XT's like me, have as great of performance as I have.
drmsux: It almost looks like CDPR spent their entire development cycle fine tuning everything for the consoles, then rushed out a half-assed abortion of a PC release at the end in crunch time.

For how many times it's been delayed, and how high quality the Witcher 3 was by contrast, I can't believe CP2077 is this bad.
W3 had a lot of issues at launch that took a while to fix. Also W1 and W2 both required Enhanced editions to fix both content and bugs of the game. CDPR has always had kind of chaotic dev cycles. They end up delivering good games, but they are rarely at their finest on launch.
ToveriJuri: W3 had a lot of issues at launch that took a while to fix. Also W1 and W2 both required Enhanced editions to fix both content and bugs of the game. CDPR has always had kind of chaotic dev cycles. They end up delivering good games, but they are rarely at their finest on launch.
I wasn't around for that, but makes sense. I only saw the end product, which is pretty amazing.
I'm sure they got themselves in an uncomfortable position of already having several delays, so their options became either:
- Release something rough and unfinished
- Delay again

Neither is a very good choice, but they had to do something eventually. I'm sure they'll polish it up nicely in the end, but they would be looking pretty good if that is what was released initially instead.
drmsux: It almost looks like CDPR spent their entire development cycle fine tuning everything for the consoles, then rushed out a half-assed abortion of a PC release at the end in crunch time.

And that was my main reason to buy it instead to pirate it, but unfortunately, I got bamboozled, the quality from The Witcher 3 was superb, both performance and gameplay, now in CP2077, the gameplay is nice, but the performance is (very)bad

I get it, I'm using a 3700x, GTX980, 32GB 3200Mhz, and an M2(NVMe) SSD, my graphics card is old and needs a new one, but I didn't expect I had this kind of bad performance, with all those problems
Post edited December 10, 2020 by EnterpriseNL
ryzen 5 3600, 32gb ram and 5700xt.
ultra settings at 1080p run perfectly smooth with at least 60fps
Just a heads up, I monitored it in Radeon, averaged 55.7 fps so it was lower than I expected. I might knock a few settings down to high from ultra to even it out.

Yeah, I have to throw my hat in. It's beautiful, but not optimized.
Ryzen 5 3600x
32gb ram
M2 ssd
RTX 3070
1440p RT ULTRA, DLSS AUTO
LOW FPS: 25
AVG: 45
TOP: 70

My conclussion: In 6 months it will run like a charm in mid/high end buids. Today? Optimization 6/10
Ryzen 9 3900X
RTX 2070 Super
32 GB ram 3200 CL 16
M2 SSD

1080p medium to high settings
Raytracing Ultra
DLSS Quality

I'm mostly getting 60 - 70 FPS
The game seems to be using 12 threads
I was getting bad performance on 2080ti GTX. I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out. I fixed it by clean installing nvidia drivers from Dec 9th. Now I'm getting between 75-105 fps on Ray tracing medium. I hope this helps.
durbinh: I was getting bad performance on 2080ti GTX. I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out. I fixed it by clean installing nvidia drivers from Dec 9th. Now I'm getting between 75-105 fps on Ray tracing medium. I hope this helps.
By clean install do people mean just the clean install option from the installer or old school clean install where you remove everything that came before?

A lot of people say clean install works so if it's just the installer version I wonder what setting is messing things up. As clean install from the installer just basically means reset settings.
durbinh: I was getting bad performance on 2080ti GTX. I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out. I fixed it by clean installing nvidia drivers from Dec 9th. Now I'm getting between 75-105 fps on Ray tracing medium. I hope this helps.
ToveriJuri: By clean install do people mean just the clean install option from the installer or old school clean install where you remove everything that came before?

A lot of people say clean install works so if it's just the installer version I wonder what setting is messing things up. As clean install from the installer just basically means reset settings.
Maybe he means DDU

I have worse specs and mine runs fine at between min and recommended. Except while driving. I can't drive the car, that causes unplayable stutter.
The same thing happens on my friend's PC. He was running 30 fps just fine, car mode goes down to 5 fps.
Zehmnas: I have a GTX 970 4gb with the new driver, an i5 4690k and 16gb RAM, that puts me between the minimum and recommended specs, a bit more to the recommended side. Bought the game on GOG.

But right now I'm having a really hard time with the game staying almost at all times below 30 FPS. I'm playing on fullscreen 1080p with low settings. Furthermore, there seems to be no difference in performance regardless of the graphic settings I choose (even ultra). I tried to restart the game after changing settings and tried to change settings on the main menu and there's no difference.
darxide: I have worse specs and mine runs fine at between min and recommended. Except while driving. I can't drive the car, that causes unplayable stutter.
Game has bugs and glitches thats a fact. but with my 3060 Tİ Constantly above 100 FPS not crash or big FPS drops so far. Running very smoothly. Only damn bugs in certain areas or objects.