It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This game runs POORLY even on high end systems with rtx cards. People are not happy. CDPR just lost most of their credibility, as others are giving bad reviews and refunding on all platforms.

Massive frame drops all over the map...I hit 70+fps on the street with cars and people, go into a underground tunnel with nothing around, and drops to mid 40's.

My rtx card is only using 65%, at least cpu isn't high usage like Assassins Creed Odyssey was on ssd.

I was looking forward to this game, and decided to buy on Gog to support CDPR, but this game IS NOT ready for release. It was rushed for Christmas sales. Just like other comapnies do, put out a mess of a game then patch later....sad CDPR went this route.

If they bothered to test this game with rtx cards, they would have seen massive issues.
Geforce wants to put the game on Ultra settings for me and I tried that, but its not playable...

THis game in its current state worth 20.00, and is like a Steam Early Access title, broken on release with a bunch of patches coming after the fact...yet no patches yet.
I'm using an RTX 2060 with an i9 9900k CPU and play the game on high and don't dip below 90 fps so I am not sure what your doing wrong.

Ray Tracing is known to take a huge hit to your FPS so its very possible you just haven't optimized your settings to best suit your computer.
low rated
Blame nvidia for making think you can play this game with RTX on, yet you say the game is broken and I haven't found any crash or breaking bug. ffs you are a victim of your own stupidity
Sergii13: Blame nvidia for making think you can play this game with RTX on, yet you say the game is broken and I haven't found any crash or breaking bug. ffs you are a victim of your own stupidity
rtx is the card you moron........and rtx card.....Not playing it with raytracing......all you fanbois trying to defend this game.

Go look at ps4 and ps5 versions BROKEN!
Sergii13: Blame nvidia for making think you can play this game with RTX on, yet you say the game is broken and I haven't found any crash or breaking bug. ffs you are a victim of your own stupidity
Kepano_808HI: rtx is the card you moron........and rtx card.....Not playing it with raytracing......all you fanbois trying to defend this game.

Go look at ps4 and ps5 versions BROKEN!
I hope you got the refund?
Kepano_808HI: If they bothered to test this game with rtx cards, they would have seen massive issues.
Geforce wants to put the game on Ultra settings for me and I tried that, but its not playable...
I'm certain they had nVidia GPUs coming out of their ears when developing this title...guess you haven't seen it's a nVidia TWIMTBP title. nVidia paid CDPR to put their name on it--along with that comes the nVidia 3d-cards and nVidia's help in optimizing the game for their GPUs. It's a nVidia-sponsored title.

I don't know what the problem is. I'm holding off simply because every single trailer and videoclip I've seen looks like something that came out of the early 2000's--if not the 90's. Even the 4k max quality clips I've seen look really bad.

Witcher 3 released 5 years ago, with only a couple of texture mods, looks fantastic at 4k. The 4k clips on this thing I've seen look horrible--the street clips--just really low-res. People walking, the cars look like junkers--it's a really sleazy-looking future I want nothing to do with.

If I can't find a trailer or video that looks good @ 4k I'm not buying the game.
Can confirm it's not much better on a 5700 XT. I was getting 55 fps average in the intro section. As soon as I hit the car it started dipping to low 40's. As soon as I hit the city, it started dipping down to mid 30's.

This is on default settings the game chose for itself. It defaulted to Ultra, and looks beautiful to me, but cannot stay above 60 fps beyond the very first mission.

I requested a refund from GOG as well. We'll see how easy it is. I've done refunds before, but I know it's not guaranteed with them, at least it didn't used to be.

EDIT: I really want to give this game a shot. But I don't know that these issues will be fixed in the near future.
Post edited December 11, 2020 by CymTyr
Ryzen 5 2600
32GB of 3.2GHz RAM
2070RTX
7200 HDD
1440 GSYNC

RTX lighting on, DLSS to quality Everything else on Ultra and i go between 36-60 with no screen tearing or frame skips. I am "ok" with this, really wish i could use all the RTX features and higher lighting settings.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Starkrun