It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bk237: Had no problems with the 2.0 update, but after installing Phantom Liberty I got the flatline error when running the exe like usual. Running Galaxy solves the problem.
pedrovay2003: We'd been trying to run it without relying on Galaxy, though, that's what the fixes are for.
You mean with relying on Galaxy, as the usage of Galaxy in your first post does indicate.

Because without Galaxy, just using offline installers and no Galaxy and no Redmod installed, Cyberpunk and the Addon are working just fine.
Might have something to do with me blocking all outgoing connections too, so the game starts to tell my that it can't reach its cloudsaves...
Post edited September 29, 2023 by randomuser.833
pedrovay2003: We'd been trying to run it without relying on Galaxy, though, that's what the fixes are for.
randomuser.833: You mean with relying on Galaxy, as the usage of Galaxy in your first post does indicate.

Because without Galaxy, just using offline installers and no Galaxy and no Redmod installed, Cyberpunk and the Addon are working just fine.
Might have something to do with me blocking all outgoing connections too, so the game starts to tell my that it can't reach its cloudsaves...
I'd wager this is the case, or GoG already fixed the installers. Thousands of folks don't report an issue to have an offical statement come out if it were not true.
randomuser.833: You mean with relying on Galaxy, as the usage of Galaxy in your first post does indicate.

I tested the offline installers without REDmod, and it still crashed in the same place for me, even when I had completely uninstalled Galaxy from my PC for the test.
I think this is all what most of us DRM-FREE fans feared, when games began using client-app's like Steam, Epic, etc - that eventually, it would seep its way into GOG, a supposed DRM-FREE place.

I recall from Epic Store - when Control worked fine DRM-FREE w/ base-game, then DLC's didn't. People complained, that changed. The Outer Worlds there STILL has it, where base-game's fine DRM-FREE style, but DLC's don't work unless Epic client's going.

We been through this where DLC's didn't work w/out Galaxy out-the-box that came from other services - like say Dungeon Siege 3's DLC, Deus Ex MD's DLC's, and a lot of No Man's Sky single-player extra content was gated behind Galaxy, and the Skirmish mode (which was placed in MP-section, for some reason back in the Steam-days) for Dawn of War 2 was also done that way - where you needed Galaxy to run those, purposely or not. Eventually, they all thankfully got fixed and changed, at some point.

More so than ever now: we're really gonna have to watch these games that launch on GOG and make sure EVERY piece of content - especially important content like DLC's, expansions, etc - works offline and w/out Galaxy going.

Or else...we'll need Galaxy emulators to work offline or something made by modders, at some point - just to work around this mess and get all content we paid for going.

pedrovay2003: I tested the offline installers without REDmod, and it still crashed in the same place for me, even when I had completely uninstalled Galaxy from my PC for the test.
Wait a sec.
Do you talk about the game crashing when you are at a certain location ingame or about the crashes on loading the save or even starting the game.

The later one for me works perfectly with my machine.
And I am using a Ryzen 1800X and Cyberpunk is on my HDD (with HDD mode active), using an AMD 6700XT with the outdated 23.7.1 drivers.
I never had Galaxy on this machine (maybe your got leftovers).
A fresh install of the offline installers of 2.0 updated with the patch and then I installed the addon.
At the startup I do block Redlauncher.exe, Cyberpunk2077.exe and Redupdater.exe with my software firewall from calling any IP.
I can start the game just fine, I can load my saves just fine, I can enter the new area.

Maybe it is the call to the outside done by the exes? I don't know.
Hello all, wanted to share my experience with this and how i got mine working.

Thank you to @pedrovay2003 for posting and everyone else for there ideas.

OK so I downloaded the ~100gb of files for Cyberpunk v2.0, and no galaxy software,
selected my game SSD (which is my G:\ drive) for install and did an integrity check as well.

When the installer finished, clicked launch on the GOG installer window which then
closed, but the game didn't launch, so tried again from the desktop shortcut and
this time it started to load but flat lined after about 10 secs, and does this every time
at the same place.

So after reading through this topic and trying all kinds of things, my problem turned
out to be the Galaxy64.dll and the original fix from post 1, so here are the steps that
should work for others with my problem and the other problem -

1. Go to your install dir...... \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64

2. Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.

3. Rename the original “GOG” folder to “null”

4. Go to your install dir...... \Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
n.b (I added both files to a winrar archive before deletion)
and delete - "GameServicesGOG.dll"
also delete - "Galaxy64.dll"

5. Go to settings and disable anything that needs the internet
including cloud saves, and thats it, all done.

Lets hope GOG says NO to any games with DRM in the future.
Post edited September 29, 2023 by blast12
randomuser.833: Maybe it is the call to the outside done by the exes? I don't know.
This seems in fact to be the problem. I had the crashes as posted earlier and the moment I block online access to the executable using my windows firewall settings the game launches without any problems without Galaxy.
randomuser.833: Maybe it is the call to the outside done by the exes? I don't know.
MarkoH01: This seems in fact to be the problem. I had the crashes as posted earlier and the moment I block online access to the executable using my windows firewall settings the game launches without any problems without Galaxy.
My guess would be the RedUpdater.exe, because for most people it seems to take some time until the game dies.
And it is the last of the 3 that will be called up for whatever it is intended to do.
Patch 2.01 Highlights:

https://twitter.com/CDPRED_Support/status/1707727973946704239
I did a fresh install and couldn't launch this game once, it would always spill the flatined error.
Post edited September 30, 2023 by apfelnymous
apfelnymous: I did a fresh install and couldn't launch this game once, it would always spill the flatined error.
You blocked all outgoing connections of the Cyberpunk2077.exe, Redlauncher.exe and RedUpdater.exe?
apfelnymous: I did a fresh install and couldn't launch this game once, it would always spill the flatined error.
randomuser.833: You blocked all outgoing connections of the Cyberpunk2077.exe, Redlauncher.exe and RedUpdater.exe?
I fixed it, I had to toggle OSD to off in my asus gpu tweak 2 monitor tool. It's not the first time it kept games from starting. If I didn't remember this now, I would be searching through the internet for ages without a result.
Post edited September 30, 2023 by apfelnymous
In the game Menu

SETTINGS

GAMEPLAY

Enable Cross-Play Saves Disabled

Played for 4 hrs just now, no crashing on transitions.
This crash at startup when the "RED Engine" logo appears, after purchasing the DLC, led me to ask for a refund. Unfortunately, the problem still recurred after installing build 67718 or version 2.0_PhL. Apparently the problem lies in the "Galaxy64.dll" and "GameServicesGOG.dll" files. Replacing the files with these that you uploaded to your OneDrive from the previous build (67690 or version 2.0) solves the problem. Let's hope the developers fix the issue in the next patch.
MarkoH01: This seems in fact to be the problem. I had the crashes as posted earlier and the moment I block online access to the executable using my windows firewall settings the game launches without any problems without Galaxy.
randomuser.833: My guess would be the RedUpdater.exe, because for most people it seems to take some time until the game dies.
And it is the last of the 3 that will be called up for whatever it is intended to do.
I only blocked the min executable and did not have any problems anymore afterwards.