It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: GOG's last remaining selling point is DRM-Free ... but CDPR managed to upload a game that has DRM in the base game and in the pre-order bonus. Both won't work offline. So DRM-Free is now an afterthought. Why exactly are we still buying here? Be careful, GOG right now you are stepping on your absolute final selling point. Add to this missing updates and higher prices than on Steam and you will see how this could end if you don't watch your next steps really carefully.
ma-ver-ick.509: Please read the first post in this topic again, the devs suggested a workaround. What would a DRM be, if it could be removed by removing a file?
I would give CDPR the benefit of the doubt that's just a mistake.
No disrespect, but I believe you are being a little...no, very naive about this matter. This was an intentional DRM barrier. It can be proven as such by deleting the Galaxy 64.dll. This allows the game to launch without a problem...except no Phantom Liberty access. This means that not only is the game wanting the Galaxy.dll to make an internet call/connection, it is linked directly to Phantom Liberty access. It's a form of soft DRM which wants a call/connection simply to see if the expansion is installed. This was done before on a Witcher game to prevent day 1 piracy. So, no. Fuck GoG.

This is also evidenced by their official workaround of creating the null folder with the data from the gog folder in the install directory and removing the gameservices.dll. This tricks the galaxy64.dll when receiving no call/connection(null) to look in the null folder for data bypassing gameservices.dll. So again....no benefit of the doubt, guy.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by DemonKiller49
MarkoH01: GOG's last remaining selling point is DRM-Free ... but CDPR managed to upload a game that has DRM in the base game and in the pre-order bonus. Both won't work offline. So DRM-Free is now an afterthought. Why exactly are we still buying here? Be careful, GOG right now you are stepping on your absolute final selling point. Add to this missing updates and higher prices than on Steam and you will see how this could end if you don't watch your next steps really carefully.
ma-ver-ick.509: Please read the first post in this topic again, the devs suggested a workaround. What would a DRM be, if it could be removed by removing a file?
You are joking, right?
CDPR are the ones that are CONSTANTLY trying to add DRM to all of their games, either in form of cosmetic "rewards" , in the form of pre-order bonuses not being part of the OL installation and last but not least now also in the form of Twitch subscriptions. Add to this that they were the ones that introduced the online MP Gwent only and also had the great idea to implement rewards in Throne Breaker that could only be used in MP Gwent as well. CDPR showed again and again that they could not care less about DRM-Free and are instead trying to break GOG's rule whenever they can. This is not just a simple mistake they made - it's the way how CDPR is thinking. Game first, DRM-Free later. GOG's last remaining core principle is constantly attacked by CDPR - that's a proven fact. There once was a time where I would say "honest mistake" but this time is long gone.

Also: I don't care about workarounds. If the game would have been tested without Galaxy (which CDPR should have done before releasing on GOG) they would have realized this problem immediately. No workaround is changing this very fact.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by MarkoH01
It may just have been a security measure to stop review copies being leaked that they forgot to remove or something like that.

Probably just a stupid mistake, stuff like this happens all the time.

CDPR seems to be bad at checking their release copies which is why we get things like the controller bug - how something as obvious as that got into the wild I'll never understand.
TheDogCatcher: It may just have been a security measure to stop review copies being leaked that they forgot to remove or something like that.

CDPR seems to be bad at checking their release copies which is why we get things like the controller bug - how something as obvious as that got into the wild I'll never understand.
that it exactly what it was a security measure for day 1 anti-piracy. no mistake. They have done it before.
TheDogCatcher: It may just have been a security measure to stop review copies being leaked that they forgot to remove or something like that.

The pre order bonus is not part of the offline installer as well ... no, stuff like thiis should not happen with a bit of QA. People continue to swallow evertyhing and are wondering why devs/publishers are gettig more lazy each day.
DemonKiller49: that it exactly what it was a security measure for day 1 anti-piracy. no mistake. They have done it before.
Repeated offender - sure that makes it better ;)
Post edited September 28, 2023 by MarkoH01

MarkoH01: The pre order bonus is not part of the offline installer as well ... no, stuff like thiis should not happen with a bit of QA. People continue to swallow evertyhing and are wondering why devs/publishers are gettig more lazy each day.
DemonKiller49: that it exactly what it was a security measure for day 1 anti-piracy. no mistake. They have done it before.
MarkoH01: Repeated offender - sure that makes it better ;)
ummmm...I was agreeing with you entirely. so, who said it makes it better? don't get your panties twisted, mate. lol
MarkoH01: The pre order bonus is not part of the offline installer as well ... no, stuff like thiis should not happen with a bit of QA. People continue to swallow evertyhing and are wondering why devs/publishers are gettig more lazy each day.

Repeated offender - sure that makes it better ;)
DemonKiller49: ummmm...I was agreeing with you entirely. so, who said it makes it better? don't get your panties twisted, mate. lol
Ah - sorry then. Maybe it's a language barrier - it sounded to me as if you wanted to say that such things happened before and therefore aren't that bad and can happen.
ma-ver-ick.509: What would a DRM be, if it could be removed by removing a file?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they ACCIDENTALLY implemented Launcher DRM into their game. Happens to me all the time. I'd try to write a script for a random program and suddenly it has DRM all over it. I once mistyped the commands in my script so bad, in the end it required GOG Galaxy to run :(

As other people in this thread stated, CDPR added DRM into Phantom Liberty with full intention. The fact that the DLC is missing when you delete the faulty DLLs is clear evidence for that. Not the base game is affected, only the DLC!

Yes, maybe they didn't intend to release it that way, but initially they knew what they were doing. They're not reluctant to use DRM, and they have shown it numerous times. I once read that they even had Denuvo on CP77 before release.

For all that I know, their next Witcher/Cyberpunk game might even go full DRM, it totally wouldn't surprise me. And I really hope I'm wrong.
Post edited September 28, 2023 by SuccessDenied
Cyberpunk crashes while activating sandevistan and while finishing enemies. Sometimes it happens only when I'm activating sandevistan, sometimes while sandevistan is active and I finishing enemies
Neither the replacement DLLs or the GOG solution worked for me :( Was playing 2.0 happily up until I installed the expansion and now I can't even get the base game to work again.
DemonKiller49: ummmm...I was agreeing with you entirely. so, who said it makes it better? don't get your panties twisted, mate. lol
MarkoH01: Ah - sorry then. Maybe it's a language barrier - it sounded to me as if you wanted to say that such things happened before and therefore aren't that bad and can happen.
No worries, friend. It wasn't a language barrier though. I said what I meant, and meant what I said. You simply didn't read the entire thread and jumped to conclusions. If you reread this whole thread, you'll see that I'm in total agreement with you every step of the way. I was simply telling the other bozo that this was not a fluke, but rather an intentional implementation. I don't condone that shit at all, brother. So we are like-minded totally.
Reverting the DLLs worked for me, thanks!

I'm still getting a crash on REDGalaxy64.dll upon exit, but I can live with that.
Got the gog version working (with Phantom Liberty) on linux by adding /Cyberpunk 2077/bin/x64/Cyberpunk2077.exe as a non-steam game in the steam client and forcing compatability to Proton Experimental.

I had tried many different proton versions in Lutris, including proton-experimental to no avail, but seems like steam was the key.
Had no problems with the 2.0 update, but after installing Phantom Liberty I got the flatline error when running the exe like usual. Running Galaxy solves the problem.
bk237: Had no problems with the 2.0 update, but after installing Phantom Liberty I got the flatline error when running the exe like usual. Running Galaxy solves the problem.
We'd been trying to run it without relying on Galaxy, though, that's what the fixes are for.
Post edited September 29, 2023 by pedrovay2003