It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GrizzledLone: The offline installers include all languages (CP2077 is fully voiced in 11 languages) but you choose only one to be installed. If you were to install all of them that would require the full 100GB.
Stingy McDuck: That totally explains it. Sucks, because I prefer to have the instaler instead of copying the files manually into a folder.
It explains it but it still doesn't make any sense. Witcher 3 has separate installers for individual language packs, why doesn't CP2077.
The patching system needs to be looked at for sure. Either that or the way the game files are organized. Maybe they could break files up more, instead of having huge single files for certain things. Make things more modular that way.
Stingy McDuck: That totally explains it. Sucks, because I prefer to have the instaler instead of copying the files manually into a folder.
GrizzledLone: It explains it but it still doesn't make any sense. Witcher 3 has separate installers for individual language packs, why doesn't CP2077.
Because CDPR wants you to use GOG Galaxy 2.0. Only reason I can think of but there is no way to tell if that's true. I have the same issue with the installer requiring 380+GB. I suppose my 225GB free disk space isn't enough for a 34.5GB patch.

I'm aware that this isn't an issue. It's just that CDPR can't design installers that aren't trash. It's not like it's a bug or an error. It really "needs" that 383GB. Of course at the end of the day it explains how shoddy the installers from GOG/CDPR really are.

Extra edit: Apparently the largest file that I could find is only 11GB. After that there is a file of 10 and two around 8-9 GB. Even if they would need to unpack the archives it still shouldn't require 383GB of disk space. They would need to unpack that one 11GB file about 10 times to reach that ludicrous amount. And of course you only would need to unpack it once. Not 10 times.

I somewhat assumed the unpacked archive would be about 30 GB. And that's probably overestimated.
Attachments:
unknown.png (20 Kb)
Post edited March 31, 2021 by Lifell00
GrizzledLone: It explains it but it still doesn't make any sense. Witcher 3 has separate installers for individual language packs, why doesn't CP2077.
Exactly this - thank you for pointing it out. I initially thought they just didn't have enough time for the release date in December and wanted to push the game out quicker - was expecting that they would introduce the language packs later. Tough luck - just go ahead and download terabytes of useless data.
Post edited March 31, 2021 by midrand
Lifell00: Because CDPR wants you to use GOG Galaxy 2.0. Only reason I can think of but there is no way to tell if that's true. I have the same issue with the installer requiring 380+GB. I suppose my 225GB free disk space isn't enough for a 34.5GB patch.

I'm aware that this isn't an issue. It's just that CDPR can't design installers that aren't trash. It's not like it's a bug or an error. It really "needs" that 383GB. Of course at the end of the day it explains how shoddy the installers from GOG/CDPR really are.

Extra edit: Apparently the largest file that I could find is only 11GB. After that there is a file of 10 and two around 8-9 GB. Even if they would need to unpack the archives it still shouldn't require 383GB of disk space. They would need to unpack that one 11GB file about 10 times to reach that ludicrous amount. And of course you only would need to unpack it once. Not 10 times.

I somewhat assumed the unpacked archive would be about 30 GB. And that's probably overestimated.
Someone put the decimal in the wrong spot on the installers having this issue. It's 38gb, not 380.
Timbroski: Someone put the decimal in the wrong spot on the installers having this issue. It's 38gb, not 380.
If it were just a misplaced number, would they not have fixed it by now?
The same way CDPR put their decimal point in the wrong place? This is Cyberpunk 2077 version 0.1.2. ALPHA.

Still as many bugs as before. Botched A.I. Vehicle handling reminds me of PS1 games. Streaming engine is garbage; popping textures, popping models, broken pathing, crappy collision boxes.

Released as garbage, remains as garbage.

pathetic
Lifell00: Because CDPR wants you to use GOG Galaxy 2.0. Only reason I can think of but there is no way to tell if that's true. I have the same issue with the installer requiring 380+GB. I suppose my 225GB free disk space isn't enough for a 34.5GB patch.

Timbroski: Someone put the decimal in the wrong spot on the installers having this issue. It's 38gb, not 380.
This is not true. Someone linked me this today: https://fitgirl-repacks.site/why-gog-offline-installers-suck/ Their installers are just terrible. It's not a typo. Their installers are just really bad.
You would think so.
Post edited April 06, 2021 by Timbroski
Lifell00: If it were just a misplaced number, would they not have fixed it by now?
Timbroski: You would think so.
I think you meant to quote Kathlet, not me :P.
I can't install patch too. Not everyone have 383402 MB free space! But how 34GB installer wants so much space? Its KGB archiver or what?
Timbroski: You would think so.
Lifell00: I think you meant to quote Kathlet, not me :P.
I fixed it but it's still showing you. Sorry.
Lifell00: I think you meant to quote Kathlet, not me :P.
Timbroski: I fixed it but it's still showing you. Sorry.
That's weird. Oh well, thanks for attempting to fix it. Must be a forum issue of some sort.
There's tons of forum issues lately. I've had the purple dot showing I've had forum replies for the past 3 weeks, and only maybe 5 days have had actual forum replies.
I've just stressed their servers and downloaded entire game again.