It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game. It should decrease the problem of NPCs spawning behind players' backs and create an impression that it takes some time for the police to arrive at the crime scene after the crime has been reported. We've also added a recon "drone" unit to create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.

Really? Create an impression? So they will now spawn 50 virtual meters away instead of 10 virtual meters - but will still spawn? And a drone will spawn too? That fixes the system how - it's still as fake as it was...
midrand: This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game. It should decrease the problem of NPCs spawning behind players' backs and create an impression that it takes some time for the police to arrive at the crime scene after the crime has been reported. We've also added a recon "drone" unit to create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.

Really? Create an impression? So they will now spawn 50 virtual meters away instead of 10 virtual meters - but will still spawn? And a drone will spawn too? That fixes the system how - it's still as fake as it was...
Then what would be your solution? We're talking about models here, they have to come from somewhere...
midrand: This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game. It should decrease the problem of NPCs spawning behind players' backs and create an impression that it takes some time for the police to arrive at the crime scene after the crime has been reported. We've also added a recon "drone" unit to create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.

Nephilim88: Then what would be your solution? We're talking about models here, they have to come from somewhere...
Try a GTA style police system perhaps? Where they actually TRAVEL to their destination rather than magically spawn? And also do not appear for minor infringements? Do I need to go on?
Nephilim88: Then what would be your solution? We're talking about models here, they have to come from somewhere...
midrand: Try a GTA style police system perhaps? Where they actually TRAVEL to their destination rather than magically spawn? And also do not appear for minor infringements? Do I need to go on?
You do realise that even cops in GTAV, to actually travel from somewhere, have to spawn somewhere? It's not like they're there below the billboard eating donuts waiting for you to get a star... so it's just a matter of spawning distance... but whatevs. To me this is an improvement, even if minor.
Post edited March 24, 2021 by Nephilim88
midrand: Try a GTA style police system perhaps? Where they actually TRAVEL to their destination rather than magically spawn? And also do not appear for minor infringements? Do I need to go on?
Nephilim88: You do realise that even cops in GTAV, to actually travel from somewhere, have to spawn somewhere? It's not like they're there below the billboard eating donuts waiting for you to get a star... so it's just a matter of spawning distance... but whatevs. To me this is an improvement, even if minor.
I do realise that but somehow that does not give you a feeling that they are spawning out of thin air. The dev did not give enough substance to how this will be fixed other than using the word "pretend" and "more distance" which is anything but inspiring.

Perhaps if they spawned outside of the player's field of view - i.e. around a corner or even better a block away and travelled to the location then it would help. The comment does not go that far though - let's see what will actually come through...

Asking for something like patrolling police and police being "permanently" based around police stations and key points in the city to actually come to the scene depending on who is the closest would be too much, of course, at this early point in the game fixing cycle.
Nephilim88: You do realise that even cops in GTAV, to actually travel from somewhere, have to spawn somewhere? It's not like they're there below the billboard eating donuts waiting for you to get a star... so it's just a matter of spawning distance... but whatevs. To me this is an improvement, even if minor.
I think it's a good change overall.

Looks like my guess was wrong for the release of this patch.
I was hoping today... but I guess it's next week.
WilliamFrost: The comments are turned off.
Nephilim88: There's nearly 800 comments, how are they turned off?

Anyway, my guess is that this news is just a heads-up of what they've done so far for the patch, so there may be more on the way. I say we'll not see anything for at least 3 weeks.

EDIT Just a last-minute thought... this is patch 1.2, so technically still part of the bigger Patch 1, right? So maybe, just maybe, they won't stop here fixing the game... there may be a patch 1.2.1, or a 2.1 followed by a 2.1.1 or 2.2, etc.
So, I'm keeping my hopes up.
Yeah, I hit the wrong window when I opened this as I was looking at YT. The Youtube video had the comments turned off. It was my mistake. But that's "how the hell" it happened.
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, the patch is out for everything but stadia.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37843/patch-1-2
ast486: Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, the patch is out for everything but stadia.

The patch was out for Stadia the day after.
ast486: Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, the patch is out for everything but stadia.

Nephilim88: The patch was out for Stadia the day after.
I saw that.

Some nice quality of life changes.

Sadly my game still crashes sometimes.