It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ever since I updated to 1.12 today the game doesn't start, instead I only receive a notice by GOG Galaxy that the game crashed. Anybody else have that happen?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Azareon28: Ever since I updated to 1.12 today the game doesn't start, instead I only receive a notice by GOG Galaxy that the game crashed. Anybody else have that happen?
So far I've had no problems with the 1.12 hotfix. The game launches and plays fine.
Disable any mods and retry.

I've not loaded it yet, but mods may not act so nice until you get an updated one
mad_crease: Disable any mods and retry.

I've not loaded it yet, but mods may not act so nice until you get an updated one
I have no mods installed. Vanilla game.
mad_crease: Disable any mods and retry.

Azareon28: I have no mods installed. Vanilla game.
I just updated to 1.12 with a bajillion little mods loaded with no problem. I tried saves from before with no issues.

No idea what could be causing your issues. :(
Patch could have gotten corrupted. Try repair game.
Azareon28: Ever since I updated to 1.12 today the game doesn't start, instead I only receive a notice by GOG Galaxy that the game crashed. Anybody else have that happen?
yep having exactly the same problem get the cd project page then boom gone. i dont know about anyone else i had pretty much bug free with the day one patch and each fix gives me more and more bugs.
Wes_McCourt: yep having exactly the same problem get the cd project page then boom gone. i dont know about anyone else i had pretty much bug free with the day one patch and each fix gives me more and more bugs.
... no, I don't even get that far. I start the game from GOG.Galaxy 2.0 and I only get a message that the game crashed.
jon7882: Patch could have gotten corrupted. Try repair game.
I shall try.
Post edited February 06, 2021 by Azareon28
This is weird.

On a lark I tried running the game in admin mode ... and now it works! I'll see if it crashes when I try to run it in vanilla mode.

EDIT: It also works in vanilla mode now.

What is this I don't even ...

*deep breath* No, it's fine.
Post edited February 06, 2021 by Azareon28
Well it's crashing for me, but as it's been constantly crashing the graphics card driver with every version so far I'm not sure that means much, I think it's a Win7 issue for me.
MrMartG: Well it's crashing for me, but as it's been constantly crashing the graphics card driver with every version so far I'm not sure that means much, I think it's a Win7 issue for me.
I use Win 10
MrMartG: Well it's crashing for me, but as it's been constantly crashing the graphics card driver with every version so far I'm not sure that means much, I think it's a Win7 issue for me.
Truly the biggest mistake was them trying to get this to play on anything other than Series X, PS5 an Win 10. Because it clearly plays best on those platforms.
Same thing with me. I installed 1.12 this morning and the game starts and freezes in the title, no sound. Fix one problem and break another. And this is on PC. Currenty I just rated the game 1 star. The only game i've bought in years that has so many bugs. I've actually just gone and uninstalled it. If I had know the game would be in this condition at this point in time, I would have taken it back and got my money back.
I tried repair, after an hour and it's still verifying.

I have a AMD 5800x NVME SSD all bought two months ago and a 1080Ti with the latest drivers. So don't tell me it's my PC.
Post edited February 07, 2021 by UnknownSoldierZA
UnknownSoldierZA: Same thing with me. I installed 1.12 this morning and the game starts and freezes in the title, no sound. Fix one problem and break another. And this is on PC. Currenty I just rated the game 1 star. The only game i've bought in years that has so many bugs. I've actually just gone and uninstalled it. If I had know the game would be in this condition at this point in time, I would have taken it back and got my money back.
UnknownSoldierZA: I tried repair, after an hour and it's still verifying.

I have a AMD 5800x NVME SSD all bought two months ago and a 1080Ti with the latest drivers. So don't tell me it's my PC.
Have you tried running the game in admin mode? That fixed it for me ... so far.
Azareon28: Have you tried running the game in admin mode? That fixed it for me ... so far.
So, we have an apparently poorly coded software, and we are about to run it with protections removed. This sounds to me a little dangerous. ;)

I'm not saying that this shall not be done, but please, guys - be careful! Have backups or make sure that you can survive if your system would get somehow damaged!

I seem to be lucky so far to not have any large scale problems, but I have noticed a large (huge, actually) performance and stability drop with the last two patches. With 1.11 my game started to freeze for several seconds in random moments, and with 1.12 it started to crash (during the game, not when starting), locking my machine and requiring a cold reboot.

I cannot be sure that it's the game's fault (there was also a Windows update somewhere in that time span), but at least the performance drop in 1.11 was almost for 100% fault of the game itself.