It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I didn't have any problems installing the game but I go to start it (by clicking on the icon in desktop) and I get this error message. What's going on? Is it my OS? (I'm still running XP.)
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Melusine4: I didn't have any problems installing the game but I go to start it (by clicking on the icon in desktop) and I get this error message. What's going on? Is it my OS? (I'm still running XP.)
Make sure you have the last version of DirectX 9 installed.
You may need to update Windows to Service Pack 3 (if not already) or reinstall DirectX (use this link from Microsoft).

Also, just in case make a System Restore point before you do anything in case you want to revert to prior system state.
mondo84: You may need to update Windows to Service Pack 3 (if not already) or reinstall DirectX (use this link from Microsoft).

Also, just in case make a System Restore point before you do anything in case you want to revert to prior system state.
I already have Service Pack 3 and the DirectX Installer says that I don't need to do anything with it.
Melusine4: I already have Service Pack 3 and the DirectX Installer says that I don't need to do anything with it.
Hmm...you could try registering the d3d9.dll file again. Click "Run" in the Start Menu, type 'cmd', and press enter to enter the command prompt. Type this:

regsvr32 d3d9.dll

and press enter. If that doesn't fix the issue, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (if you haven't tried already).

Let us know if that works!
Post edited April 30, 2014 by mondo84
Melusine4: I already have Service Pack 3 and the DirectX Installer says that I don't need to do anything with it.
mondo84: Hmm...you could try registering the d3d9.dll file again. Click "Run" in the Start Menu, type 'cmd', and press enter to enter the command prompt. Type this:

regsvr32 d3d9.dll

and press enter. If that doesn't fix the issue, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (if you haven't tried already).

Let us know if that works!
I tried this and got the error message "d3d9.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered."
Melusine4: I tried this and got the error message "d3d9.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered."
In that case you may simply need to restore that file to the "c:\windows\system32" directory.

One place to download the file is here.
Melusine4: I tried this and got the error message "d3d9.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered."
mondo84: In that case you may simply need to restore that file to the "c:\windows\system32" directory.

One place to download the file is here.
I tried this, followed the instructions (moved it to my system32 folder) and I get a message asking if I want to replace the file, I say yes and it says "please specify a different file name"). I also tried putting the file in the Consortium directory but that didn't help either.
Melusine4: I tried this, followed the instructions (moved it to my system32 folder) and I get a message asking if I want to replace the file, I say yes and it says "please specify a different file name"). I also tried putting the file in the Consortium directory but that didn't help either.
Did you replace the file in the system32 directory? If not, I wonder if there's some issue with the one you have.

I'm really not sure otherwise. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game might do the trick, for whatever reason. You could reinstall DirectX anyway (even if it says that's not necessary).

It could be an issue with the game's installation, that particular d3d9.dll file, or perhaps with your video card driver.
Melusine4: I tried this, followed the instructions (moved it to my system32 folder) and I get a message asking if I want to replace the file, I say yes and it says "please specify a different file name"). I also tried putting the file in the Consortium directory but that didn't help either.
mondo84: Did you replace the file in the system32 directory? If not, I wonder if there's some issue with the one you have.

I'm really not sure otherwise. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game might do the trick, for whatever reason. You could reinstall DirectX anyway (even if it says that's not necessary).

It could be an issue with the game's installation, that particular d3d9.dll file, or perhaps with your video card driver.
Well, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, tried reinstalling DirectX, I have the latest drivers for my video card, I suppose I could try and replace the d3d9 file but I don't really want to mess with the registry like that.
Having the exact same problem as OP trying to run the game on XP, but I can't figure out why. Far as I can tell everything should be working perfectly.
Melusine4: I didn't have any problems installing the game but I go to start it (by clicking on the icon in desktop) and I get this error message. What's going on? Is it my OS? (I'm still running XP.)
Hi there!

As visible on our game card, Consortium is incompatible with Windows XP. :( You may want to drop a note to our support team concerning your issue.

Have a nice weekend!
Rimmu
Rimmu: Hi there!

As visible on our game card, Consortium is incompatible with Windows XP. :( You may want to drop a note to our support team concerning your issue.

Have a nice weekend!
Rimmu
Yeah I've done that already and I haven't received a reply back.
Would be cool though if you did manage to get it working under windows XP..

(not a bump, just searching for a way to get that entry point fixed..)

I'd hate to have to wait till I finally take the big step to Win 7..

(last time I waited for me to come across something that would push me over the edge like that
was from 98SE to Win XP..)
Post edited February 07, 2016 by ZMacZ