It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sphipps: I am looking for a way to download something that lets me play bg1 gog version in a higher resolution. Or should I jsut wait till bg2 gog version comes out?
chautemoc: Everything you need is in the first post. It's very simple to do. If you can't find the download link for the widescreen mod on the mod's page, it's under the 'Download' section on the left -- click the 'Gibberlings Three' link.
However, you will see better results when BG2 arrives. It's still great if you're itching to play right now though.
I will give it a shot. I "think" I was trying the US version last night.
sphipps: I am looking for a way to download something that lets me play bg1 gog version in a higher resolution. Or should I jsut wait till bg2 gog version comes out?
chautemoc: Everything you need is in the first post. It's very simple to do. If you can't find the download link for the widescreen mod on the mod's page, it's under the 'Download' section on the left -- click the 'Gibberlings Three' link.
However, you will see better results when BG2 arrives. It's still great if you're itching to play right now though.
Actually, I was trying the right one last night.

But without the "crack"..
I am not sure where to get this at. Can you give me more info on what the "crack" is or where to find it?

When I use widescreen by itself, it just makes a small window in the top left corner of my screen.

When I use the PAtch it says to use, it says "insert disc 1" or something when I try to launch the game.
Post edited October 01, 2010 by sphipps
sphipps: Actually, I was trying the right one last night. But without the "crack"..
I am not sure where to get this at.

When I use it, it just makes a small window in the top left corner of my screen.
You don't need a crack. Just the widescreen mod and the optional but awesome GUI mod.
Post edited October 01, 2010 by chautemoc
sphipps: Actually, I was trying the right one last night. But without the "crack"..

When I use it, it just makes a small window in the top left corner of my screen.
chautemoc: You don't need a crack. Just the widescreen mod and the GUI mod.
Did you install them properly? You have to extract all of the files to the main BG folder then run the setup executable (widescreen first then GUI mod).
I did install the widescreen properly, about 4 times, with different resolutions..

I did not use the gui... I will try and get it correct tonight.

Widesceen then gui.. gotcha.. Thanks for the help.
sphipps:
Did you actually play the game? If you don't install the GUI mod, the menus and intro will be top left, but the actual game will be displayed properly. If you install the GUI mod the menus are centered with a background. Can't remmeber about the intro.

chautemoc: You don't need a crack. Just the widescreen mod and the optional but awesome GUI mod.
Did you actually play the game? If you don't install the GUI mod, the menus and intro will be top left, but the actual game will be displayed properly. If you install the GUI mod the menus are centered with a background. Can't remmeber about the intro.
I did not try to play the game.. I jsut went through the setup the character screen... Ir was very small and in the top left corner of my screen...

Does that correct after I roll the character?
sphipps:
chautemoc: Did you actually play the game? If you don't install the GUI mod, the menus and intro will be top left, but the actual game will be displayed properly. If you install the GUI mod the menus are centered with a background. Can't remmeber about the intro.
Thanks man.. I just assumed I guess. (the initial video and the character roll up screen were small)

Thanks for the help. I will get it right tonight if it kills me.
sphipps:
Yeah, well that's normal. :) Once you get into the actual game it's normal. And as I said, if you install the GUI mod those parts are centered. Let me know how you like it. :)
sphipps:
chautemoc: Yeah, well that's normal. :) Once you get into the actual game it's normal. And as I said, if you install the GUI mod those parts are centered. Let me know how you like it. :)
Worked like a charm. Thanks very much for the help. Time to play!
vbigiani: EDIT: Widescreen v2.60 and higher ( http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/ ) now support the GOG version of BG1, as does the GUI mod v 0.98 and higher (http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/viewtopic.php?t=3257). I've left the rest of the post for historical purposes.

Reading my e-mail archive, it seems you can currently install Widescreen on the gog.com version of BG1, but you need to mess with cracks and/or disk images.
Steps:
1) Install BG from here.
2) install the 'TOSC international patch' from Bioware (*not* the DX8 version).
3) Install Widescreen.
4) Install a crack.
5) If the game goes back to 640x480, repeat steps 3 and 4 using a different crack.
Porting Widescreen to a different build of the .exe doesn't require writing assembler or debugging, you "just" need to be able to hex edit and/or read assembler. If anybody is up to the challenge, I'll post detailed instructions.
Um, i'm still kinda lost on how to install this in widescreen. Can anyone post something a bit more detailed that would be great.
Post edited October 03, 2010 by b79ryan
b79ryan:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldur_s_gate/widescreen_mod/post52

Ignore the first two steps if they're not applicable.
I've installed GoG BG, ToTSC International patch, the widescreen mod and then the gui mod in that order.
But whenever I try and run BG - it asks me for Disc 6.

I've checked the BG ini file - but all the disk paths point to the game directory.

Any suggestions ?
DMcG: I've installed GoG BG, ToTSC International patch, the widescreen mod and then the gui mod in that order.
But whenever I try and run BG - it asks me for Disc 6.

I've checked the BG ini file - but all the disk paths point to the game directory.

Any suggestions ?
The mods have been updated since the first post - you don't need the international patch any more, only the widescreen and the GUI mods
Ahhh. Ok. That makes sense since disk 6 would be a TotSC disK.

I'll do a full deinstall and reinstall this evening.

Thanks.
Damnit, I was thinking about picking up BG for this weekend but my friend is having trouble getting the GUI and Widescreen mods to work. The menu and game will launch fine without the mods but are all corrupted when the wide screen mod is installed. Any ideas? I'll dig out my retail copy if we can't get it working this afternoon.
The GUI mod only works with 16:10 resolution up to 1280x800. If he is running the game in a higher resolution it will cause problems with the GUI mod.

I have installed both a couple of times now and never had a problem.
stupid question perhaps; but what am i supposed to do with the GUI mod?

I have installed the widescreen mod.

I have downloaded the GUI mod, double clicked the .exe which extracted all the files to a folder in my download directory................ and that's it.

there are no instructions on the website, and the readme is singularly unhelpful.

what do i do with the GUI mod to make it mod my GUI?

i could extract the files into the main BG install folder................. but i'd prefer not to screw the entire install up for no good reason.

cheers

update - tried extracting to the BG install folder and got "access denied"
Post edited October 09, 2010 by PeegeeTips