It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Porsche2000: GOG is really shitty on update support. New patch was released on Friday and now we have the end of Monday and still no patch for this important game. What are you doing all the days?? Is it too difficult to pack some files in a setup.exe?
When GOG release the patch, Steam will already have the second patch.
There's been way more than one patch so far. Galaxy has patched my game like 4 times.
I'm going to despise GOG more and more for their annoying bad support. It's their plan to force people using the Galaxy launcher, but they don't get me. I won't install any launcher. I want my offline installers. I'm really angry about GOG now. Next time I buy a game I will refund my money when it's not supported with updates.
Simply play the older Version then!

That short after launch it is quite harsh to expect up to date offline files after every update - give them some leeway.

Use Dx11 and not vulkan as Vulkan seems to be at best experimental - i can not run it as it crashes right at launching the game while Dx11 on 4k had not had a single issue so far for me - no crash in 35h+ of gaming.
Thorqemada: Simply play the older Version then!

That short after launch it is quite harsh to expect up to date offline files after every update - give them some leeway.

Use Dx11 and not vulkan as Vulkan seems to be at best experimental - i can not run it as it crashes right at launching the game while Dx11 on 4k had not had a single issue so far for me - no crash in 35h+ of gaming.
I'm using Vulkan in 4K and no single crash after 30+ hours in game. From what I heard DX11 is experimental and Vulkan is the better choice.
Thorqemada: Simply play the older Version then!

Porsche2000: I'm using Vulkan in 4K and no single crash after 30+ hours in game. From what I heard DX11 is experimental and Vulkan is the better choice.
Not really, Vulkan is still in early access even though in the long run it is what Larian recommends to use:

https://larian.com/support/faqs/what-is-vulkan-what-is-the-difference-between-vulkan-and-dx11_48
Post edited August 08, 2023 by BabboDemonio
Well, my install came with Dx11 enabled so it seems to me that is the API the Devs in this moment have the most confidence to be stable and at least in my case this is fact.

Ofc PCs are very different and for wahtever reason it may be the oposite for another player on another PC.
Post edited August 08, 2023 by Thorqemada
For me, DX11 gives better framerates than Vulkan.

Anyways, where is that hotfix? It's been 3 days...
Post edited August 08, 2023 by ingerasch
BabboDemonio: Not really, Vulkan is still in early access even though in the long run it is what Larian recommends to use:
Neither are early access at this point in time. The game is released.

nVidia has very optimized DX11 Windows drivers so it's possible an nVidia user on Windows could run DX11 very well even though if coded well Vulkan *should* outperform it.

AMD Windows drivers have not had the same amount of resources put into them so I'd expect Vulkan to do better on those cards. But I don't know. I've been using Linux and both seem to run fine for me.
Post edited August 08, 2023 by EverNightX
I used the "Verify / Repair" option under "Manage installation", and after it had verfied the data, it then downloaded the updated patch, even though the option to check for updates had found nothing.

Try this in future and see if it helps.
Offline Patch 1 is avaiable now :). Go go go!
Patch is now available on GOG, but hey GOG are you serious? I get installation error when setup the new patch!!
This means now I can not update my game and have to re-download the 108 GB full setup again???

Br0adsw0rd: Offline Patch 1 is avaiable now :). Go go go!
Nothing go go go! Patch setup fails!!!
Attachments:
bg3patch.jpg (52 Kb)
Post edited August 08, 2023 by Porsche2000
Yup same here :(

Weird it's labelled
4.1.1.3624901 to 4.1.1.3624901 Patch 1
and not
4.1.1.3622274 to 4.1.1.3624901 Patch 1

Hope they remove the useless EA Patches and Hotfixes soon.
Attachments:
Post edited August 08, 2023 by Br0adsw0rd
Br0adsw0rd: Yup same here :(

Weird it's labelled
4.1.1.3624901 to 4.1.1.3624901 Patch 1
and not
4.1.1.3622274 to 4.1.1.3624901 Patch 1

Hope they remove the useless EA Patches and Hotfixes soon.
The patch do not work for me!
Hotfix 2 is already out on Steam!!! As I said.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285941451321514
Post edited August 08, 2023 by Porsche2000
Porsche2000: Hotfix 2 is already out on Steam!!! As I said.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285941451321514
So if we download the full game once again, we will have to do it again when Patch 2 releases (the day patch 3 released on Steam)?