It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For some games i use Galaxy bcs it is more convenient - BG3 is one of this games and runs flawlless so far (11h+ gameplay).

I have all the offline installation files of all m GOG Games on a 4TB Harddrive minus BG3 bcs i did not download them yet and i will wait until the version is the most up to date.

For now i enjoy playing BG3 via Galaxy...it does well and is the most new version.
Post edited August 06, 2023 by Thorqemada
I had the same issue, file mismatch error when launching through the Launcher. Deleting it and then running the GOG File checker on the install, just downloaded it again. And again the launcher threw up a file mismatch error.
Someone mentioned it earlier, but you can run the game without going through the launcher. Just look for the exe in the "bin" folder, e.g. D:\GOG\Baldurs Gate 3\bin. There are two, on e for Direct X 11 and the other for Vulcan. But this may not work for those trying to join a multiplayer session. My version shows v4.1.1.3624901 under the radar map.
There was a Galaxy Update only a little time ago - do you have that up to date Galaxy version?
I know Galaxy works, but I don't want to use it. Am hoping some of the GOG support team browse these forums and realise that offline installer people need the patch too. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
trias10: I know Galaxy works, but I don't want to use it. Am hoping some of the GOG support team browse these forums and realise that offline installer people need the patch too. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
I ended up here looking for the exact same reason you mentioned. I tried using Galaxy when I first found GOG and mistakenly thought that it was just a downloader for games, but when I tried launching a game it forced me to launch Galaxy. I was not connected to internet so Galaxy wouldn't launch which meant my game wouldn't launch. I immediately uninstalled both and began using only the manual downloads of games. Then I began to notice that updates (patches) were not promptly made available through the manual file download feature, it feels like it's an inconvenience to GOG but they "have to" do it since they promote themselves as DRM-free, so they do it when they "get around to it" just so no one complains that they force you to use Galaxy.
trias10: I know Galaxy works, but I don't want to use it. Am hoping some of the GOG support team browse these forums and realise that offline installer people need the patch too. Hopefully it will arrive soon.
Evilsdemise: I ended up here looking for the exact same reason you mentioned. I tried using Galaxy when I first found GOG and mistakenly thought that it was just a downloader for games, but when I tried launching a game it forced me to launch Galaxy. I was not connected to internet so Galaxy wouldn't launch which meant my game wouldn't launch. I immediately uninstalled both and began using only the manual downloads of games. Then I began to notice that updates (patches) were not promptly made available through the manual file download feature, it feels like it's an inconvenience to GOG but they "have to" do it since they promote themselves as DRM-free, so they do it when they "get around to it" just so no one complains that they force you to use Galaxy.
gog only puts links in the folder where the game is installed so that galaxy is launched with it i.e. statistics are run and successes are achieved as many steam fanboys would like it to be ...
you can look in the installation order at baldurss gate 3 then the "bin" order for the exe file and start the directly ...

why gog does that with the galaxy links I also find a bit strange ...

what I now find negative about Larian is that they has not provided the update installer for bg3 but this is a little bit complicated on gog (weekends)...
and look at DOS2 ... the steam workshop is configured so that you can not download with steamworkshopdownloader ... in other workshops at steam goes that larian has configured the only restrictive. if there will be someone in baldurs gate 3 a workshop all must hope that the mod makers this also upload to nexusmods ...

but otherwise the game is top ;)
Post edited August 06, 2023 by magikyr
Still getting the mismatch error. It would be nice if we could actually play the game we payed for? For me, it looks like the game actually works if you ignore the message, but do I want to risk my save files in case something is messed up? Maybe they just forgot to update the launcher?
smidjar2: Still getting the mismatch error. It would be nice if we could actually play the game we payed for? For me, it looks like the game actually works if you ignore the message, but do I want to risk my save files in case something is messed up? Maybe they just forgot to update the launcher?
As far as I know (and has told to me) that error is caused by two files:

EULA.txt
webcache.zip

Both files have nothing to do with the game itself, but only with the launcher itself.

In other words. It's completely safe to ignore that error message. Still - It would be nice if this could be confirmed by the developers themselves. Personally I bypass that launcher all together by launching the game with the bg3_dx11.exe located in the Baldurs Gate 3\bin directory.
smidjar2: Still getting the mismatch error. It would be nice if we could actually play the game we payed for? For me, it looks like the game actually works if you ignore the message, but do I want to risk my save files in case something is messed up? Maybe they just forgot to update the launcher?
Same here, although the singleplayer game appears to work just fine regardless.

I noticed that the update was deployed in two seperate stages on Galaxy. First there was a smaller update of around 16mb. And then a good while later there was a larger update of a few hundred mb's. Judging by the file timestamps in my BG3 folder, the first was an update to the Larian launcher and the second was the actual game patch.

I'm guessing that the launcher updates are probably the same across both platforms, but the game patches are handled seperately to account for any platform-specific integrations. Even if there's no content changes that affect integration with Steam or Galaxy, the patches may still be tagged per platform, resulting in a different file checksum.

While it's possible there's something wrong with the GOG patch, it is equally likely the file is fine and the launcher just doesn't recognise it, because someone forgot to update the "file list" to account for the GOG patch.
JClosed: As far as I know (and has told to me) that error is caused by two files:

EULA.txt
webcache.zip
The only file mismatch I'm getting at the moment is pointing to "Patch0_Hotfix1.pak" as the file it thinks is incorrect. Hence people's concern I think, because that's the game update.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the file per se, and it's probably just some oversight on the part of whoever's keeping the file integrity checklist uptodate, but without official confirmation it's difficult to be sure.
JClosed: As far as I know (and has told to me) that error is caused by two files:

EULA.txt
webcache.zip
SolanQ: The only file mismatch I'm getting at the moment is pointing to "Patch0_Hotfix1.pak" as the file it thinks is incorrect. Hence people's concern I think, because that's the game update.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the file per se, and it's probably just some oversight on the part of whoever's keeping the file integrity checklist uptodate, but without official confirmation it's difficult to be sure.
I had the same problem and I've reached the support. Here's what worked for me:

- Close game and Launcher
- Go to: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Launcher\Cache
- Delete the _galaxy_manifest.xml
- Re-open the game, launcher should get the new manifest​
Post edited August 07, 2023 by BabboDemonio
Thanks a lot. Things are sometimes simple, ain't it?

For now I have to wait until the off-line installers are up to date before using the launcher again, otherwise things go wrong again (because of a outdated launcher). Not a biggie, because I can use the outdated .exe to run the game and bypass the launcher...
GOG is really shitty on update support. New patch was released on Friday and now we have the end of Monday and still no patch for this important game. What are you doing all the days?? Is it too difficult to pack some files in a setup.exe?
When GOG release the patch, Steam will already have the second patch.
Post edited August 07, 2023 by Porsche2000
JClosed: Thanks a lot. Things are sometimes simple, ain't it?

For now I have to wait until the off-line installers are up to date before using the launcher again, otherwise things go wrong again (because of a outdated launcher). Not a biggie, because I can use the outdated .exe to run the game and bypass the launcher...
Yeah but you know, sometimes the hardest part is figuring out which screw to turn, rather than actually turning the screw itself ;-)
GOG should remove the useless patches for the Early Access versions from their download site and get new free space on their servers. This patches are completely obsolete and just irritating.
Post edited August 07, 2023 by Porsche2000