It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sitting here trying to play with my wife who has BG3 on steam and she auto updated so she can't join my game because of a version mismatch. unfortunate timing lol
I can confirm that. Cant play with my buddies for now.
Attachments:
So get the patch (which I hear is available on Galaxy) and have everyone turn off auto-update. It's a huge game and there is going to be a long series of patches and hotfixes for a while.
kminehart1: Sitting here trying to play with my wife who has BG3 on steam and she auto updated so she can't join my game because of a version mismatch. unfortunate timing lol
Yeah same problem for me, can't play with my buddy
I also can't play with my Buddy for now, due to the Version difference.
Really frustrating.
FFS, I just deleted the game in order to reinstall it, fuck it! I am experiencing the same
alcaray: So get the patch (which I hear is available on Galaxy) and have everyone turn off auto-update. It's a huge game and there is going to be a long series of patches and hotfixes for a while.
Where did you hear this? I checked for updates multiple times from GOG Galaxy and no updates were found
Post edited August 04, 2023 by BabboDemonio
I just updated right now through Galaxy.
Allansiano: I just updated right now through Galaxy.
So did it work? i had an update on 36MB a while ago, but i still cant play with steam users as they had an 200+ MB update.
I got some kind of update (60 or so MB) a while ago but nothing since.
Ever since I've been checking for updates and no dice. Still not compatible with my steam friend.
HydroTexaco: So did it work? i had an update on 36MB a while ago, but i still cant play with steam users as they had an 200+ MB update.
It also was a 36MB update. I'm playing it on single-player mode, so I wouldn't know about Steam compatibility, sorry.
I can confirm the solution found on the Steam forums works. steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328764266215/

Get a copy of patch0_hotfix1.pak from your steam partner and you can connect again. The file is 1gb.
Post edited August 04, 2023 by OMGButterbee
OMGButterbee: I can confirm the solution found on the Steam forums works. steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328764266215/

Get a copy of patch0_hotfix1.pak from your steam partner and you can connect again. The file is 1gb.
Your solution worked incredible, I eat your mouth :)
Whatever the GOG patch was, it's not the same as the Steam hotfix. The hotfix on Steam got rid of the version number during dialog but it's still present in the GOG version.
Well ... I don't want to wait one day at each update that GoG will put the correct file at the correct place ...

Hope a refund will be done after 40h played in EA, and game buy on steam ...
I also asked for a refund, I really wanted to support GOG but I prefer to just play without hassles.