It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DoctorCoffee: It doesn't matter if we're in an "modern era" of "day one patches" and incomplete/unoptimized games (which is actually a massive step backwards); the fix is already up and made available by the devs, and GOG's duty to its paying customers is to make that update available to everyone who paid for the game.
Ah yes if we could just go backwards!

Would it not be great if we had no internet and your only option was to complain to your local retail store. I bet the sales clerk would have you sorted in no time.
alexand555: Enough of us are with gog particularly for manual downloaders.
So...by going client only how does that help you?

alexand555: Steam gets better shit, people who preordered got better goodies.
What did they get different than GOG preorders?
Post edited August 05, 2023 by EverNightX
Okay I overreacted a bit. I updated the game through galaxy and am at the latest version. This was pretty painless. I was under impression Id have to delete everything and download and install all over through galaxy. So what looked bad to me is solved. I was wrong to blame gog here.

That said, it seems that steam users who preordered get the deluxe edition. I can't post link so look up:
"Early Access purchases of Baldur's Gate 3 get a free upgrade to the digital deluxe version on launch."
or
"Some Baldur’s Gate 3 Players Will Get the Digital Deluxe Edition for Free"

or something like that

Sorry for bad format, I am new to this forum
Post edited August 05, 2023 by alexand555
alexand555: Okay I overreacted a bit. I updated the game through galaxy and am at the latest version. This was pretty painless. I was under impression Id have to delete everything and download and install all over through galaxy. So what looked bad to me is solved. I was wrong to blame gog here.

That said, it seems that steam users who preordered get the deluxe edition. I can't post link so look up:
"Early Access purchases of Baldur's Gate 3 get a free upgrade to the digital deluxe version on launch."
or

or something like that

Sometimes have to do that due to how stupid the gog galaxy patching process is. Say a 50 GB game has a 1GB patch, it would require 50GB extra space to patch. So if I do not have that free space (luckily they now added the option to have a second disk as patch location, so they basically copy the entire game, patch it, then copy it back.. great for SSDs..). So sometimes easier to just delete it all and re-download (unless you live in Australia with meetered internet... )
alexand555: Okay I overreacted a bit. I updated the game through galaxy and am at the latest version. This was pretty painless. I was under impression Id have to delete everything and download and install all over through galaxy. So what looked bad to me is solved. I was wrong to blame gog here.

or

or something like that

So did we. I bought the early access on GOG and was upgraded to the deluxe version. I'm not aware of anything Steam purchasers received that we didn't.
DoctorCoffee: The reason I became a GOG customer is because I could buy a game, download it, and play it without the need of some additional launcher. Now that kind of gaming experience is completely half-done as updates and patches are not available and I'm here with a game I paid for being stuck in a version that isn't "fixed".
I mean, you can do that, but GOG make the offline installers themselves while Larian just patches the modern way so it takes longer. It's sort of a price you pay for what you want situation.

Also you can just use Galaxy as a downloader, it is not DRM and does not need to be running to play.
pedrovay2003: Just for the record, the Steam version of Baldur's Gate 3 is DRM-free.
dluketic: No, it's not.
It has Steam DRM.
Re-selling your licence is also not supported.
It doesn't have Steam DRM. Steam is used solely for acquiring the files; after you've downloaded the game, you can copy/paste it to as many offline, Steam-not-installed machines as you want to, and everything will work.

Don't get me wrong, I plan on buying Baldur's Gate 3 on GOG, since that's where I have the rest of the series. But the Steam version is effectively the same thing in this game's case.
Post edited August 05, 2023 by pedrovay2003
EverNightX: Uh yeah:

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
StingingVelvet: First off literally every PC game ever made has a patch list like that. Secondly I read his post as "I'm using this version, not that buggy version."
Are you talking about me? If so, I mean all the buggy versions that will be available until the patching frenzy slows down in one or two weeks or a month. Or however long it takes to get to the point where people aren't filling the forum with complaints.
Post edited August 05, 2023 by alcaray
ddaniels99: So did we. I bought the early access on GOG and was upgraded to the deluxe version. I'm not aware of anything Steam purchasers received that we didn't.
oh, did we?I do not see where my edition is deluxe. how do I check if it is?
ddaniels99: So did we. I bought the early access on GOG and was upgraded to the deluxe version. I'm not aware of anything Steam purchasers received that we didn't.
alexand555: oh, did we?I do not see where my edition is deluxe. how do I check if it is?
In the galaxy app click the icon next to play select Manage installation/Configure... the in the dialog select DLC tab. You should see a Baldur's Gate 3 - Digital Deluxe Edition content check box if you have the deluxe edition.

If you do have the deluxe edition make sure that the checkbox is ticked to get the DLC.
Post edited August 05, 2023 by Falmari
alexand555: oh, did we?I do not see where my edition is deluxe. how do I check if it is?
Falmari: In the galaxy app click the icon next to play select Manage installation/Configure... the in the dialog select DLC tab. You should see a Baldur's Gate 3 - Digital Deluxe Edition content check box if you have the deluxe edition.

If you do have the deluxe edition make sure that the checkbox is ticked to get the DLC.
thanks, I see now.
damn, I bashed gog for nothing, everything was right on their side
Post edited August 05, 2023 by alexand555
alexand555: thanks, I see now.
damn, I bashed gog for nothing, everything was right on their side
Don't worry about it. It's just what people do around here.
alcaray: Are you talking about me? If so, I mean all the buggy versions that will be available until the patching frenzy slows down in one or two weeks or a month. Or however long it takes to get to the point where people aren't filling the forum with complaints.
Like I said forums fill up with complaints for every game ever released. If you enjoy waiting that's cool, but this is a remarkably polished game at release so far in my experience. Probably because of years of early access.
alcaray: Are you talking about me? If so, I mean all the buggy versions that will be available until the patching frenzy slows down in one or two weeks or a month. Or however long it takes to get to the point where people aren't filling the forum with complaints.
StingingVelvet: Like I said forums fill up with complaints for every game ever released. If you enjoy waiting that's cool, but this is a remarkably polished game at release so far in my experience. Probably because of years of early access.
We haven't even reached the stage where the patches start breaking the game.
Still no news, after 24 hours ??
Any ETA on when the offline downloader patch will arrive? I am using the offline installers and I refuse to use Galaxy. Am just curious if anyone knows when the offline patch might arrive?