It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BabboDemonio: If this is how updates are going to be shipped from now on then it's way better to buy the game from Steam.
EverNightX: OK, then do it cuz that's how it's going to be. A delayed patch vs an eternity of DRM.
Just for the record, the Steam version of Baldur's Gate 3 is DRM-free.
pedrovay2003: Just for the record, the Steam version of Baldur's Gate 3 is DRM-free.
OK, if so that's great. No reason not to get it on Steam then.
Post edited August 05, 2023 by EverNightX
EverNightX: OK, then do it cuz that's how it's going to be. A delayed patch vs an eternity of DRM.
pedrovay2003: Just for the record, the Steam version of Baldur's Gate 3 is DRM-free.
Steam lets you download and keep an installer to use as often as you like on any PCs you own? If so, that's news to me. If not then you are still dependent on Steam to maintain your game collection and if you get cut off from them you are screwed.
alcaray: Steam lets you download and keep an installer to use as often as you like on any PCs you own? If so, that's news to me. If not then you are still dependent on Steam to maintain your game collection and if you get cut off from them you are screwed.
For me the game is updated when I launch it but there is no patch notes in GOG
StingingVelvet: imagine being a crazy person insisting on using the offline installer.
EverNightX: Well if you use the offline installer you'd not have gotten an update at all yet. But yeah, the offline installer is more for when the game has stabilized. This game is still working out kinks.
The off-line installers are the sole reason I buy something on GOG!

By neglecting the off-line installers I feel like I am treated like a second citizen, solely because I do not want to use Galaxy. But I "joined" GOG as a consumer far before Galaxy even existed. I feel sad to be treated like this...

Oh well - I presume the off-line updates will be pop up somewhere in the coming week (or month) or so...
alcaray: Steam lets you download and keep an installer to use as often as you like on any PCs you own?
No. If you need an installer GOG would be better. But if it's DRM free you can simply zip up the folder containing the game files.
EverNightX: Well if you use the offline installer you'd not have gotten an update at all yet. But yeah, the offline installer is more for when the game has stabilized. This game is still working out kinks.
JClosed: The off-line installers are the sole reason I buy something on GOG!

By neglecting the off-line installers I feel like I am treated like a second citizen, solely because I do not want to use Galaxy. But I "joined" GOG as a consumer far before Galaxy even existed. I feel sad to be treated like this...

Oh well - I presume the off-line updates will be pop up somewhere in the coming week (or month) or so...
Depending how the game is built it may not be possible to put out one small patch. They may have to basically repackage the whole game every time. If you ask me, that is bs, and the same happens with TW games and people complain on Steam about it. But, if the case, I get that the amount of work needed to update the gigs of offline installers atm is not worth that hassle. I am totally with you though. I do buy games here for the offline installers. And they should build games in a way that you can add small patches to them.

Toastbrotbutter: Depending how the game is built it may not be possible to put out one small patch. They may have to basically repackage the whole game every time. If you ask me, that is bs, and the same happens with TW games and people complain on Steam about it. But, if the case, I get that the amount of work needed to update the gigs of offline installers atm is not worth that hassle. I am totally with you though. I do buy games here for the offline installers. And they should build games in a way that you can add small patches to them.
Well - As far as I understood the Galaxy users did not have to re-download the whole game, but got a simple patch. I see no reason that same patch would not work on the installed off-line version of the game, because they are identical.

But yeah - I could be that you are right. But if that's the case it would be a extremely clumsy way to do it...
OMGButterbee: I can confirm the solution found on the Steam forums works. steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328764266215/

Get a copy of patch0_hotfix1.pak from your steam partner and you can connect again. The file is 1gb.
Additional to this you have to copy the bg3.exe or bg3_dx11.exe and then it will work.
No, it's not.
It has Steam DRM.
Re-selling your licence is also not supported.
Where's the patch if you are not using Galaxy?
EverNightX: Uh yeah:

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
First off literally every PC game ever made has a patch list like that. Secondly I read his post as "I'm using this version, not that buggy version." Maybe I misread it. In any event I've had no issues so far, knock wood.

The offline installers are very important to me too. However modern games are designed for tons of quick patches early on now, that's just the reality. I think it's far, far better on a new game like this to use the Galaxy version until it stabilizes and then get the offline installer then. You don't need Galaxy running all the time, just to patch.
EverNightX: Uh yeah:

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
StingingVelvet: First off literally every PC game ever made has a patch list like that. Secondly I read his post as "I'm using this version, not that buggy version." Maybe I misread it. In any event I've had no issues so far, knock wood.

StingingVelvet: The offline installers are very important to me too. However modern games are designed for tons of quick patches early on now, that's just the reality. I think it's far, far better on a new game like this to use the Galaxy version until it stabilizes and then get the offline installer then. You don't need Galaxy running all the time, just to patch.
I also feel that it is truly unfair that GOG has prioritized its Galaxy users over those like me who only download the installers I purchased directly from the site.

The reason I became a GOG customer is because I could buy a game, download it, and play it without the need of some additional launcher. Now that kind of gaming experience is completely half-done as updates and patches are not available and I'm here with a game I paid for being stuck in a version that isn't "fixed".

It doesn't matter if we're in an "modern era" of "day one patches" and incomplete/unoptimized games (which is actually a massive step backwards); the fix is already up and made available by the devs, and GOG's duty to its paying customers is to make that update available to everyone who paid for the game.
StingingVelvet: First off literally every PC game ever made has a patch list like that. Secondly I read his post as "I'm using this version, not that buggy version." Maybe I misread it. In any event I've had no issues so far, knock wood.
OK, well you asked.
First time I ever post on Gog forums.

Buying this game from gog was a mistake I am not going to repeat.
To not own up to it quite insulting. Enough of us are with gog particularly for manual downloaders.

F***, if I have to do it this way next time I am rolling with steam. Steam gets better shit, people who preordered got better goodies.

Big L gog, big L
Post edited August 05, 2023 by alexand555