It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OMGButterbee: I can confirm the solution found on the Steam forums works. steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328764266215/

Get a copy of patch0_hotfix1.pak from your steam partner and you can connect again. The file is 1gb.
efrahim_palta: I did this and it's still not working for me... I get an error "NatPunch (62)"
This sounds more like a problem with port forwarding, do you have Upnp enabled in your router? Otherwise you may want to open some ports. I noticed that Baldur's Gate opened a UDP port via upnp when I hosted a game
Post edited August 05, 2023 by BabboDemonio
I think the GOG version was just updated again. I quit and got a "update installed" message. When I relaunched the game there's finally no more version number during dialogue.
efrahim_palta: I did this and it's still not working for me... I get an error "NatPunch (62)"
BabboDemonio: This sounds more like a problem with port forwarding, do you have Upnp enabled in your router? Otherwise you may want to open some ports. I noticed that Baldur's Gate opened a UDP port via upnp when I hosted a game
Idk honestly, but port forwarding and such is not very viable where I am.

I was getting the same error as the person I replied to before, with the mod version something, the file transfer fixed that error but gave me this new one. I saw some people on steam say it worked when the GOG user opened the game through the exe file rather than the launcher but that still didn't work for me... Guess I'll have to wait for a hotfix to this hotfix
BabboDemonio: This sounds more like a problem with port forwarding, do you have Upnp enabled in your router? Otherwise you may want to open some ports. I noticed that Baldur's Gate opened a UDP port via upnp when I hosted a game
efrahim_palta: Idk honestly, but port forwarding and such is not very viable where I am.

I was getting the same error as the person I replied to before, with the mod version something, the file transfer fixed that error but gave me this new one. I saw some people on steam say it worked when the GOG user opened the game through the exe file rather than the launcher but that still didn't work for me... Guess I'll have to wait for a hotfix to this hotfix
I would try to let someone else host and join the game. If it works then it's indeed a network issue
efrahim_palta: Idk honestly, but port forwarding and such is not very viable where I am.

BabboDemonio: I would try to let someone else host and join the game. If it works then it's indeed a network issue
Oh yeah no I have been trying to join my friend on steam. He's the one hosting
Now about 4 hours after the update got delivered steam, GOG also got it.
SenoGo: Now about 4 hours after the update got delivered steam, GOG also got it.
If this is how updates are going to be shipped from now on then it's way better to buy the game from Steam.
I think they just messed up deploying the patch. Because GOG DID get a patch at the same time as steam and it brought the game up to the same version number. It just was missing a pretty large file
BabboDemonio: If this is how updates are going to be shipped from now on then it's way better to buy the game from Steam.
OK, then do it cuz that's how it's going to be. A delayed patch vs an eternity of DRM.

That's the norm. Steam has way more users, they are going to update that platform 1st.
Post edited August 05, 2023 by EverNightX
anyone can deliver the files on 1 fichier or google drive or other ?
charlos37: anyone can deliver the files on 1 fichier or google drive or other ?
It's updating again now, so no worries I'd assume.

Sucks this effects crossplay for people. I never play multiplayer so didn't even consider that as a thing. Hopefully future updates go smoother.

It's had like 4 updates in two days, imagine being a crazy person insisting on using the offline installer.
StingingVelvet: imagine being a crazy person insisting on using the offline installer.
Well if you use the offline installer you'd not have gotten an update at all yet. But yeah, the offline installer is more for when the game has stabilized. This game is still working out kinks.
charlos37: anyone can deliver the files on 1 fichier or google drive or other ?
StingingVelvet: It's updating again now, so no worries I'd assume.

Sucks this effects crossplay for people. I never play multiplayer so didn't even consider that as a thing. Hopefully future updates go smoother.

It's had like 4 updates in two days, imagine being a crazy person insisting on using the offline installer.
Apparently I'm a crazy person. Also I'm mature enough that I don't need to fool around with the buggy versions.
alcaray: Apparently I'm a crazy person. Also I'm mature enough that I don't need to fool around with the buggy versions.
Buggy versions?
StingingVelvet: Buggy versions?
Uh yeah:

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS

Fixed possibly getting stuck in a dialogue in the first confrontation with a major boss.
Fixed a rare issue where player character states would not update properly after dying.
Fixed a crash that could occur related to one of Astarion's cinematic dialogues in the endgame.
Fixed a crash that could occur when loading an old savegame while at Last Light.
Fixed a crash that could occur when using the brain reader in the Colony.
Fixed an issue that could cause you to get stuck in a loading screen when loading a savegame after dying.
Fixed a blocker during Character Creation preventing you from progressing if you chose a Zariel tiefling as your Guardian.
Fixed a potential crash triggered by the light system.
Added an error message to prevent crashes being caused by mods when starting the game.
Disabled Larian Account cross-saves temporarily to solve an issue blocking loads and saves. Steam cross-saves are unaffected.
Fixed a startup crash with the Steam API.
Fixed a crash that could occur when quick-loading a game while a container or corpse was open for looting.
Fixed a crash that could happen if an item unlocked a spell for a game entity without stats.
Fixed a crash that could occur when switching a race or a class in Character Creation.
Fixed potential crashes that could occur when closing screens like the options menu or when ending dialogues.
Fixed a potential crash when an enemy tries to use the Motivator during combat in the Steel Watch Foundry.
Fixed a blocker that could occur if you choose to attack the Emperor during a dialogue after you side with him.
Fixed a crash in PhysX.

the list goes on.....
Post edited August 05, 2023 by EverNightX