It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Porsche2000: Hotfix 2 is already out on Steam!!! As I said.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285941451321514
Br0adsw0rd: So if we download the full game once again, we will have to do it again when Patch 2 releases (the day patch 3 released on Steam)?
Yep - It looks like it. I am glad I have a 1Gb connection, but I feel for those that have a slow connection.
Probably we have to download the whole game again when the next patch is released (the #2 -4.1.1.3630146- one that's already live on Steam). It's probably too difficult to make a small update patch - I think... Or so...

Well - At least we have something now. I won't complain, but it's a PITA to download the whole game again...
Post edited August 08, 2023 by JClosed
Shit on GOG!!! These stupid people!! I won't download the full 108 GB again just because they are too stupid to zip up a patch any 10 year old can do!!
Post edited August 08, 2023 by Porsche2000
Br0adsw0rd: Yup same here :(

Weird it's labelled
4.1.1.3624901 to 4.1.1.3624901 Patch 1
and not
4.1.1.3622274 to 4.1.1.3624901 Patch 1

Hope they remove the useless EA Patches and Hotfixes soon.
Yeah, it looks like they only released part of patch 1, they forgot the smaller update which Galaxy installed first.

To clarify, my BG3 version history updated through Galaxy currently looks like this:

v4.1.1.3630146 - Patch Patch0_Hotfix2
v4.1.1.3624901 - Patch v1 <--- they added an offline installer for this bit
v4.1.1.3624901 - Patch <--- but they forgot this bit <_<
v4.1.1.3622274

Not sure if this is Larian or GOG being drunk, but I think it's safe to say someone's rushing the patches out a little too hastily.
Post edited August 08, 2023 by SolanQ
Same problem here, can not download the proper update as offline-installer. I really think it's quite unfair to treat those who can't/want to use GOGgalaxy as "second class" customers. I mean, at least warn us about the possibility of receiving updates in delay. Hope they fix this soon!
I see GOG gives a lot of attention to the top selling game. Amazing.

Wonder how much less attention they give to less popular games...
New user here, and baffled that there is no decent patch available... I was happy to support GOG and Larian when I bought the game, thinking offline installers are awsome. But if the update proccess is gonna be this bad, I think I'll just refund and go back to Steam =/
Hi there!

Im pretty new on GOG. I mean, I have a few games here, but I wasn't playing - mostly on Steam.

I have a question:
I bought Baldurs Gate III two days ago, and Im afraid of what I had read there.
Is that really true, that GOG is delaying updates? I though it is the same time as Steam does :/

And the other thing - do GOG automatically update "its" games? Or I have to do it manually?

Thank You;)
it's the same mess on mac (silicon). last update was august 3rd! there have already been over 300 changes again.
And now? GOG read this forum and change?
Niedzwiad: Hi there!

Im pretty new on GOG. I mean, I have a few games here, but I wasn't playing - mostly on Steam.

I have a question:
Is that really true, that GOG is delaying updates? I though it is the same time as Steam does :/

And the other thing - do GOG automatically update "its" games? Or I have to do it manually?

Thank You;)
Its true that manual patches are delayed on GOG, because GOG employees have to create them from the updated files the developers send. It's not the same as on Steam where the dev just updates it on Steam. But if you use GOG Galaxy, the updates will be applied automatically (if you have that setting turned on) and are released faster than the manual updates, however they're still usually released a few hours or even a day after Steam gets them. This is usually because the developers don't give GOG the same amount of attention as they do Steam, so they update Steam first.
Post edited August 09, 2023 by vulchor
Niedzwiad: Hi there!

I have a question:

Thank You;)
vulchor: Its true that manual patches are delayed on GOG, because GOG employees have to create them from the updated files the developers send. It's not the same as on Steam where the dev just updates it on Steam. But if you use GOG Galaxy, the updates will be applied automatically (if you have that setting turned on) and are released faster than the manual updates, however they're still usually released a few hours or even a day after Steam gets them. This is usually because the developers don't give GOG the same amount of attention as they do Steam, so they update Steam first.
Thank You very much for reply :)
All's clear.

Do people really prefer to download offline installer rather than through galaxy? Why?
I would treat offline installer like a backup for future rather than playing it normally :p
Niedzwiad: Thank You very much for reply :)
All's clear.

Do people really prefer to download offline installer rather than through galaxy? Why?
I would treat offline installer like a backup for future rather than playing it normally :p
Yeah, there are a lot of folks that buy from GOG specifically because they don't want to use any game launcher. And GOG Galaxy is still relatively new. Every one of us from the early years of GOG used this because we liked just running an installer, then playing the game. If a patch released, we got to choose whether or not we wanted to install that patch.

I use Galaxy now because achievements help my ADHD brain remember what the hell I had been doing in the game, but there are still a lot of folks left who do things the old ways around here.
All's clear.

vulchor: Yeah, there are a lot of folks that buy from GOG specifically because they don't want to use any game launcher. And GOG Galaxy is still relatively new. Every one of us from the early years of GOG used this because we liked just running an installer, then playing the game. If a patch released, we got to choose whether or not we wanted to install that patch.

I use Galaxy now because achievements help my ADHD brain remember what the hell I had been doing in the game, but there are still a lot of folks left who do things the old ways around here.
Wow!

Got it. So basically, GOG gives us all a choice how we prefer to download and play games here.
Seems fair.
Thx :D
Niedzwiad: Wow!

Got it. So basically, GOG gives us all a choice how we prefer to download and play games here.
Seems fair.
Thx :D
Bingo. There are a few niggles with using GOG as your main storefront, like patches taking longer to release, and on very rare occasions devs just completely abandoning the platform and never releasing updates at all (this has only happenened a handful of times, and usually they were very small indie devs and their game didn't sell well), and sometimes games will release with achievements on Steam but not on GOG Galaxy (happens very infrequently these days, but used to happen a lot).

However I prefer the people that run and own GOG to Valve or Epic, I like their pirate history, thier DRM-Free stance, better pro-consumer record (although not spotless), a support team that actually answers your emails and is fun to interact with on the forums, a good community of old school gamers, and just more choice. I hope you stick around.
vulchor: Its true that manual patches are delayed on GOG, because GOG employees have to create them from the updated files the developers send. It's not the same as on Steam where the dev just updates it on Steam. But if you use GOG Galaxy, the updates will be applied automatically (if you have that setting turned on) and are released faster than the manual updates, however they're still usually released a few hours or even a day after Steam gets them. This is usually because the developers don't give GOG the same amount of attention as they do Steam, so they update Steam first.
All's clear.

There we go again...

People (like me) buy games on GOG specifically because they get off-line installers!!!!
That's the whole reason to buy games on GOG to begin with.
Off-line installers give you the possibility to install on any device at any location and without any internet connection or client running in the background. It is also safe, because you have your files locally. Some of us prefer it that way.

Do not forget that people here made that choice, because they don't like mandatory clients like the Steam client. If you are forced to use a mandatory client, there is no longer a reason to buy games on GOG.

Also - People that are here from the start know there was not even a Galaxy to begin with. Galaxy was developed far more later, and was presented to us buyers as a "absolutely optional" alternative, and it was sworn to us that the off-line installers never ever would suffer because of the "optional" Galaxy...

And here we are. Now other users give us a bad time because we do not want to use that "Steam wannabe" "completely optional" Galaxy client that "would never get in the way of off-line installers". We feel lied to, and mistreated.

I really fear the moment that GOG turns into a Steam clone and no longer provides off-line installers. That's the moment I leave GOG and go back to Steam, because there is no reason at all to stay on GOG. Call me paranoia, but I am already busy backing up all the off-line installers for my games. I just feel insecure with GOG to be honest.
Post edited August 09, 2023 by JClosed