It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My BG3 is version is 4.1.1.3636828 but it made "incompatible" save files as version 4.1.1.3645567 today (August 16th). I play on only ONE machine. I did NOT do early access. So I can not load any saves I made today.

Obviously, an older version can't be truly saving as a newer version.
Post edited August 17, 2023 by ausfalcon
ausfalcon: My BG3 is version is 4.1.1.3636828 but it made "incompatible" save files as version 4.1.1.3645567 today (August 16th). I play on only ONE machine. I did NOT do early access. So I can not load any saves I made today.

I have exatly the same problem, with same versions... already reinstalled the game and the issue persist
Same here, really annoying I was playing for two hours and now I lost all my progress because I just can load older save files
I also have the exact same problem including version numbers - affecting saves from the past couple of hours (and not saves from earlier in the day today).
ausfalcon: My BG3 is version is 4.1.1.3636828 but it made "incompatible" save files as version 4.1.1.3645567 today (August 16th). I play on only ONE machine. I did NOT do early access. So I can not load any saves I made today.

Same problem. tried verifying and renaming stuff, doesnt work, maybe we`ll just have to wait?
Exactly the same for me apart from I've lost at least 4 hours of gameplay.

When Is started tonight there was an update which must have been to 4.1.1.3645567 and when I stopped playing there was another update which must have reverted to 4.1.1.363828.

That's seriously annoying and I wish I didn't have auto update on as I can't see where to download the update again to get the newer verison.
HotFix 4 was rolled out earlier today making it version 4.1.1.3645567. However, they rolled it back for a now. They mentioned the following in patch notes in Steam:

NOTICE: Due to a build error causing new crashes, we’ve rolled back Hotfix 4 for the time being. We'll re-release it as soon as we’ve fixed the cause.

If you’ve saved since updating, you won’t be able to load those saves until we’ve re-published Hotfix 4. You can keep playing on your Hotfix 3 saves, you just won't be able to load saves from today’s Hotfix 4 until it’s pushed live again. Sorry about the inconvenience.
GerbenR: HotFix 4 was rolled out earlier today making it version 4.1.1.3645567. However, they rolled it back for a now. They mentioned the following in patch notes in Steam:

NOTICE: Due to a build error causing new crashes, we’ve rolled back Hotfix 4 for the time being. We'll re-release it as soon as we’ve fixed the cause.

If you’ve saved since updating, you won’t be able to load those saves until we’ve re-published Hotfix 4. You can keep playing on your Hotfix 3 saves, you just won't be able to load saves from today’s Hotfix 4 until it’s pushed live again. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Thanks, GerbenR, very much appreciated.
Now to go back and redo the epic fight (and looting) that I did so well...
GerbenR: HotFix 4 was rolled out earlier today making it version 4.1.1.3645567. However, they rolled it back for a now. They mentioned the following in patch notes in Steam:

Togakure: Thanks, GerbenR, very much appreciated.
You guys have more faith in new release games than I do. I would never have auto update turned on. I always wait a day or so after a new patch to decide if I want it or not.
In Steam there is a way to revert to Hotfix 4, is there a trick like that for Gog Galaxy too?
Post edited August 17, 2023 by AlfaEdelPils
There doesn't seem to be any rollback on GOG, and the downloadable files of hotfix #4 have just been removed, so it's a complete mess. It seems to be a mess on Steam too so I'm not sure which mess is the best.

EDIT: Wait - do I understand that some of you got the rollback on Galaxy? In that case, they must have removed it as well, because I have 4.1.1.3645567 and no further update available when checking.
Post edited August 17, 2023 by redglyph
Togakure: Thanks, GerbenR, very much appreciated.
alcaray: You guys have more faith in new release games than I do. I would never have auto update turned on. I always wait a day or so after a new patch to decide if I want it or not.
Things like this are actually pretty rare. I've never had this happen with any other game.
The hotfix #4 has been redeployed and is available on Galaxy (not yet in the manual downloads).

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3642902312048647389
Larian has re-released a fixed version of Hotfix #4 so you should now be able to load your savegames again and no crashes anymore. This is the new version that GOG should use to make their offline installer.
You may need to verify files i noticed the update never updated my EXE Files after I did repair verify it fixed it