It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG has added a support page specific to the stuck at 92% issue. The rename/delete file method in this thread worked for me however the game constantly tries to update and cannot finish the update so i figured I'd try a fresh install with GOG's own method illustrated on gogs support page for BG3, there are 4 methods I attempted method 2. To make sure I didnt lose my old install I know at least works despite not being able to update I renamed the folder. Anyway I did a new install, got suck at 92% then did method 2 in gogs own guide. The Larian Launcher starts but it cannot launch the game itself and gets an instant crash when trying to use Gogs own method. I deleted this install then renamed my old one back to Baldurs gate 3. I can at least play single player but can't update or anything to play multiplayer.
yupihouse: Thank you so much!!!

I followed what you wrote here and it worked.

1. quit Gog Galaxy
2. Delete the word ".download" from "Game.pak.download" in the data folder
3. Delete "Game.pak.state" in the data folder
4. Start GOG Galaxy.

On my PC, this completes the installation!
oriondraco: This worked for me as well be aware that there is two places this needs to be done to work. The game.pak as well as the gustav.pak. I only did the Gustav the first time and it wouldn't work tried to install a second time got the same error. Followed these instructions and it worked properly fully installed.
Worked for me. Thank you
thesebasxofc: The VPN trick worked for me, using TunnelBear:

1. Pause Download
2. Connect to US using VPN
3. Close all insnateces of GOG
4. Relaunch GOG
Worked for me! TY (used Proton VPN)
Post edited August 15, 2023 by WhenBeliefDies
Are they seriously not going to fix this?
Simply renaming the ".download" file to ".pak" within the data directory sufficed for me.

1. Close GOG
2. Go to Install Folder
3. Go to Data Folder
4. Rename the File with .download in to .pak

For instance, in my situation, this applied to the file named Game.pak.download. I proceeded by straightforwardly altering it to Game.pak.

5. Start GOG (Then the installation will start automatically.)

Then finaly enjoy playing
The VPN worked for me too (or GOG just fixed it for today, idk).
Has there been any statement about whose fault is this? If the offline installer is working why does Galaxy not? I'm aware of the storage problems GOG faced, but they removed that banner from the site a while ago, and other games install just fine through Galaxy.
Only question i have is ... where to find "Game.pak.download"? I dont seem to have it. Yes i am stuck at 92.
Post edited August 16, 2023 by SIEGEHACKT
SIEGEHACKT: Only question i have is ... where to find "Game.pak.download"? I dont seem to have it. Yes i am stuck at 92.
It is inside the "Data" folder.
SIEGEHACKT: Only question i have is ... where to find "Game.pak.download"? I dont seem to have it. Yes i am stuck at 92.
If the issue is a file not finishing and stuck with a .download they will be in

<GOG Galaxy install directory>\Baldurs Gate 3\Data

If GOG is updating the game you can also get this issue and the downloading files will be in

<GOG Galaxy install directory>\Baldurs Gate 3\!Temp\Data

Note this could theoretically affect any of the files in \Data so you can also search you Baldur's Gate 3 install directory for download to find any.

I have been having to do this work around with each patch as well. It has been for Game.pak and Gustav.pak for me.

I will look to do a fresh install on the weekend to see if this is resolved and it is just my previous bad install that is affecting it.
Post edited August 17, 2023 by Synapsisdos
I cannot believe renaming a couple files solves this issue. LOL!
oriondraco: This worked for me as well be aware that there is two places this needs to be done to work. The game.pak as well as the gustav.pak. I only did the Gustav the first time and it wouldn't work tried to install a second time got the same error. Followed these instructions and it worked properly fully installed.
Stephaneseb: Worked for me. Thank you
Worked for me too. Thanks a lot! :)
i tried everything I'm still stuck on 92% fk me and I thought waiting few days after realease for fixes will be without problems
Why is this marked "solved" when it isn't?
Seems dishonest.
Just look at the newest store comments.

I love GOG but this i the first time they have disappointed this way.
They need to address the problem honestly ASAP.
PS: Don't update until they do...
Post edited August 17, 2023 by Jonny_Jepp
First I had the stuck at 92% problem then I got installion failed where the game could still be played but was not showing in the installed section on GOG. This annoyed me so I did the nuclear option where I unistalled all my games on GOG, uninstalled GOG Galaxy, deleted the GOG Galaxy folder and deleted the Larian Studios folder in AppData. I did not backup my saves so I don't know whether or not they would be corrupted as I'm not too concerned about starting over.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames IF someone were to try this method and IF someone wants to backup their saves.

GOG Galaxy by default installs to C:\Program Files (86)\GOG Galaxy
I have a separate drive so mine is D:\Games\GOG Galaxy

reinstall GOG Galaxy
Run Galaxy
wait for Owned Games to repopulate
Download Baldur's Gate 3
Lo and behold it worked

Disclaimer: I do not make any claims that this will work for everyone I'm simply sharing what I did in order to get this to work for me.
Post edited August 18, 2023 by ironhorse384
Pude descargar el juego en su lanzamiento y llegué a jugar 50 horas. Ninguno de los parches que instalé generó problemas. Ayer cambié mi unidad de almacenamiento y tuve que descargar todos mis programas otra vez. Cuando llegué a BG3, me encontré la sorpresa del 92%. Al principio (como usuario principiante de PC) simplemente cancelaba la descarga y la volvía a empezar. Hice eso tres veces y falló siempre. Luego intenté las posibles soluciones que ofrece GOG en su web específica para este problema: nada funcionó. Luego llegué a este foro y lo único novedoso que encontré fue lo de instalar .NET 6.0. Voy a probar esto como último recurso. Si no funciona, me despido de BG3 hasta dentro de un buen tiempo para que lo arreglen todo. Me pone triste porque confío en las prácticas pro usuario de GOG, pero estas cosas desaniman un poco. Ahora me iré a otros juegos y perderé el hilo de todo lo hecho en mi partida de 50 horas. Les agradezco a todos ustedes por buscar activamente una solución y compartir aquí sus experiencias al detalle. Para la próxima vez no vuelvo a caer en la tentación de jugar a un juego en su lanzamiento. Pensé que estaba totalmente curado de esto, pero otra vez volví a confiar y terminé perdiendo de nuevo.